Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Oct 21, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
corrinda
Imagineer

Got VeriFLY app but nothing found for Heathrow to Orlando so maybe have to wait till flights resume for them to show .
corrinda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by logic500 View Post
Well done StanleyCamel, enjoy your time out there in the sunshine state 👍

5 weeks tomorrow since we flew back from Miami, and it seems like a different lifetime 🙂

We've flights already booked with BA for next summer, so we have something big to aim for... saying that we've a caravan booked on Anglesey soon, so what am I moaning about 🙂

Covid wise, I think only Disney made it seem as if they were actively doing something. We found social distancing to be none existent.

Yet saying that, & ohh I might be a bit controversial here, but it was a blessed relief to feel a huge sense of normality in the lack of mask wearing.

Anyway I'm reminiscing, whilst you're actually there.

Appreciated the flight checks you did for us, and just want to wish you all the best for your Florida trip 👍

Richard
Thank you for your kind wishes and your contributions about your recent visit - the hardest part for me is being here knowing that Dreamflight won't becoming as it ia always a highlight for my autumn trips when I am over here.

A few observations for those who may be coming to stay in villas etc - Walmart have introduced a lot of self service tills in their supermarkets (Publix also have them but not as many it seems) - at busy times it seems to be a constant source of confusion for some people. If you have a large trolley load to buy there are often large queues at both the self serve and assisted tills. Meat prices do seem to be higher.

I also noticed in one or 2 local Walmarts that they have reduced the height and amount of shelves dedicated to wine - the cynic in me says that is because the Brits aren't here but rest assured wine/beer prices can still be reasonable 12pk Sam Adams Oktoberfest $15.98 and the usual huge bottles of wine for under $10 (if you like that sort of thing )
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

Did the same route as you stanleycamel and arrived in Orlando last night after 15 nights in Barbados and a 1h 40 layover in Miami. We used Verifly and we’re asked at the AA check-in desk how long ago we’d been in Europe but didn’t want evidence when we said 15 nights.

As you said Global Entry at Miami also took us around 10 seconds though we were delayed getting to the machines by 2 minutes as an immigration officer wanted to talk football with my wife as she was wearing her United/Ronaldo shirt.

Hire car also through Andy at DFCH and straight to the Alamo garage and loads of standard SUVs to choose from and we decided on a Toyota 4Runner which stood out amongst the smaller Equinoxes, etc.

Have a great time in Florida.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by corrinda View Post
Got VeriFLY app but nothing found for Heathrow to Orlando so maybe have to wait till flights resume for them to show .
Yes, they won’t show as there’s no flights scheduled for almost a month. Generally, they load a couple of weeks at a time.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
blabbert
Proud to wear my Ears

Quick question re verify. Is it just the one flight into the states you need to do it for? Not the internal? Thanks.
blabbert is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Pauleuk
Earning More Ears

It's not really that you have to do it... It's just pre authorisation for your covid tests etc so you are pre cleared with a a green tick you just show the airline and you don't have to worry about the paperwork (although I'd take a copy).

AFAIK it's only used by one world alliance airlines. I've BA, AA etc. That said I could have sworn Virgin were testing it on flights to Jamaica too

Originally Posted by blabbert View Post
Quick question re verify. Is it just the one flight into the states you need to do it for? Not the internal? Thanks.
HKD/TDL/SDR - 2019
Pauleuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by blabbert View Post
Yes just the flight into the US and as Pauleuk says, you don’t actually have to do it but it will mean a form to fill in and certificates to show at the check-in desk.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Great to hear that you have got there, Mr Camel.

Please keep us updated on your adventure.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
blabbert
Proud to wear my Ears

Thank you. Will sort it close to time as flying AA. Thank you. Have a fab time.
blabbert is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Went to Millenia Mall a couple of days ago - quiet not many wearing masks but some shops had signs saying you had to wear one to enter. New Bath and Body Works just being finished off. Ate at PF Chang's and it was busy at lunch time but seemed a little short on staffing.

Ate at Longhorn (near Old Town) and it was a little disappointing for the first time ever - hadn't made it half way through our salad when the steaks arrived and mine was just swimming in grease and not medium. The meat itself was OKish and still nice with the doggie bag for a sandwich for lunch next day. The place was reasonably quiet with empty tables (this was about 6-6.30 and when I had a quick chat with the manager he said he could fill the tables but they couldn't get the staff but they were looking forward to the Brits coming back.

Cracker Barrel now sells alochol

Hopefully off to Sunset Walk at Margarita Ville tonight so will report back on that is I get.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List