Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 15 Oct 21, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

COMPLETE: LIVE Triple Florida! November/December 2021

Now that we finally have an opening date, it’s time to start the food report!

This will be a live report beginning with pre-travel day on 19th November (5 weeks today!). Originally we had a slightly different trip planned and were due to fly out in October, so we’ve essentially just pushed back by a month and switched some things around!

This is not the standard Florida trip for us. Instead, we are doing 5 nights on Miami Beach, 2 nights in Fort Lauderdale and 7 nights at Universal Orlando (with a hint of Disney).

We are really excited to try some new places and also revisit old favourites! Our list of definites and maybes includes:

Miami
The Big Pink
Yard Bird
Mister 01
El Rey De Las Fritas
Sanguich
The Taco Stand
La Industria
Bacon B***h
Benh Mi
Icy n Spicy

We may possibly also do a day in the upper keys while in Miami…

Fort Lauderdale
Nanou
Lona
Kilwins
Margaritaville (day trip to Hollywood Beach)
Yo Mama’s
B Square Burgers OR Brgr Stop
Batch Cookie Company
Tinta

Orlando
Moe’s
Panda Express
Bend the Bao
Fat Tuesday
Green Eggs and Ham
Breadbox
Hot Dog Hall of Fame
Florean Fortescue Ice Cream
Voodoo Doughnuts
Cowfish
Koka Poroka
Kohola Reef
Cheesecake Factory
Coldstone Creamery
The Boathouse
Gideons
Everglazed
Tambu Lounge
Kona Island
Trader Sams
The Kitchen (HRH)
Today Cafe
Gordon Ramsay’s Fish and Chips
Miller’s Ale House
Pat O’Brien’s
Bubba Gump
Mythos

Fully aware the Orlando list is ridiculous and will definitely defeat us, but we will try our best and a lot of it is just for snacks or small plates, I promise

As you will know if you read along with my 2019 live food report, we got engaged in Orlando in September 2019 and we are actually meant to be married by now but had to postpone to 2022! This trip is therefore a little bit of an engagement anniversary for us in the place where it all happened seeing as we haven’t been able to get married and have our honeymoon this year.

You will also know that while I will mainly report on food (and cocktails), I’ll also throw in some room pics and more general pics along the way - but not enough to warrant a full trip report, I’m not sure I could keep up!

I’m really looking forward to writing this and sharing our adventures with you all again. Let’s hope there’s no more road blocks to navigate between now and travel day!

Edited at 07:56 PM.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
How exciting! I'm so pleased your trip will go ahead. This is fantastic! I bet if you try really hard you can squeeze in all your favourite eateries! Ha ha, ok maybe the Orlando list is a little long. I'm sorry you've had to delay your wedding, but, gosh travelling in 5 weeks is awesome. Enough time for you to get properly excited.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
How exciting! I'm so pleased your trip will go ahead. This is fantastic! I bet if you try really hard you can squeeze in all your favourite eateries! Ha ha, ok maybe the Orlando list is a little long. I'm sorry you've had to delay your wedding, but, gosh travelling in 5 weeks is awesome. Enough time for you to get properly excited.

Thanks Abby, I really hope it does go ahead - I’ve been holding off posting this report for fear of jinxing it but surely now it’s going to happen 🤞🏼

We are so excited… and a silver lining of postponing the wedding is being able to pick up some Disney wedding bits while we’re in Orlando
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I'm so sorry you've had to postpone your wedding.

Eeeekkk so exciting to see reports pop up in here again! I am so excited for you. Loving the different choices of eating places you have although not too sure you'll manage all the Orlando ones what a shame, just means you will have to go back again xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I'm so sorry you've had to postpone your wedding.

Eeeekkk so exciting to see reports pop up in here again! I am so excited for you. Loving the different choices of eating places you have although not too sure you'll manage all the Orlando ones what a shame, just means you will have to go back again xx
Thank you, it’s so exciting! I can’t believe it actually might happen! Yes, I always make over ambitious lists so that I can say ‘next time!’ and provide a reason to book another trip xx
Old 22 Oct 21, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Really excited for this! We were away at the same time in 2019 if I remember correctly.

Great list… can’t wait to follow along!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Beachgirl71
Proud to wear my Ears

Love that you have Gideons on the list... the only place Im willing to wait hours for Next time I'll try the cake slices- but the cookies are Heaven!
Beachgirl71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 4holibobs View Post
Really excited for this! We were away at the same time in 2019 if I remember correctly.

Great list… can’t wait to follow along!
Yes I think we were too!

4 weeks today until we fly now thanks for following!
Old 23 Oct 21, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beachgirl71 View Post
Love that you have Gideons on the list... the only place Im willing to wait hours for Next time I'll try the cake slices- but the cookies are Heaven!
We haven’t had Gideons before so I am really excited for that one!
Old 23 Oct 21, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
So glad to see you managed to rearrange your October trip. So excited for you and of course a little bit jealous 😂