Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Oct 21, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Leasing a new car for next October?

Daft as it sounds, I was wondering if I should sign up to lease a new car for next October - I hand my current car back on last day of September on its PCP.

Would they allow you to start your lease that far in future?
Any benefits in doing so? Locking in todays prices?

Thoughts please
AntonyJ is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We buy our cars outright, but yes thinking of ordering one for August to be ready before MOT runs out. Will be wanting them to stick to a firm price and trade-in value. They have already said our car is desirable and in demand and offered increased trade-in, but they had no car to sell us. Its a 4 year old diesel saloon.
Old 25 Oct 21, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. I think it very much depends on how specific you are on your needs and also how impacted by the chip shortage the particular model you want is.

I ordered a new car in early September and doubt I will get it before Xmas and more like mid January. Even then certain things are not on it due to the chip issue albeit the price is reduced.

The same car but with a smaller engine would be a March delivery at the earliest.

However I have a fixed price for my car no matter what mileage I put on it plus my deposit has fixed the cost of the new car.

If it was me I would be chatting to a Dealer now but probably Feb/March would be their answer.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
gl20
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Definitely worth asking. Was in a dealership on Saturday (BMW, was looking at X5). Estimated delivery is June/July but with plant shutdown starting around then, it could be October. Also, some options are now unavailable with no date as to when they’ll come back on line.

And if that seems bad… also looking to get myself a new road bike. If you’re lucky you can get a fixed spec bike by March, but none they had were right size/spec. If you want made-to-order (which is what most club cyclists would want) delivery is 2023!
gl20 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OP. I think it very much depends on how specific you are on your needs and also how impacted by the chip shortage the particular model you want is.

I ordered a new car in early September and doubt I will get it before Xmas and more like mid January. Even then certain things are not on it due to the chip issue albeit the price is reduced.

The same car but with a smaller engine would be a March delivery at the earliest.

However I have a fixed price for my car no matter what mileage I put on it plus my deposit has fixed the cost of the new car.

If it was me I would be chatting to a Dealer now but probably Feb/March would be their answer.
Thanks for your thoughts, I like the idea of locking down the costs now, and knowing I have a car, but I think am being naive - as they will not really "hold" one that long.

Just trying to see what pitfalls / benefits are for signing up so early.
AntonyJ is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Gingerlife
Serious Dibber

I ordered my new car back in June with an estimated delivery of October, that has since been moved to December due to the chip shortage. So they are taking a while.
Gingerlife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by AntonyJ View Post
Thanks for your thoughts, I like the idea of locking down the costs now, and knowing I have a car, but I think am being naive - as they will not really "hold" one that long.

Just trying to see what pitfalls / benefits are for signing up so early.
They won't be holding one for that long, you will instead be put onto the order list and your car will be manufactured much closer to October
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

We leased again this year. We started looking in April and got prices then but they wouldn't hold them and put and agreement in place until much closer to us getting the car. As it turned out the price went down a bit which was good but as much as you can put in an order you can't lock in the price. The good side of that was that we could back out if we changed our mind.

Lead times on new cars is a bit crazy at the moment. We were meant to get ours mid Aug and only got it three weeks ago so looking and ordering early is not a bad shout
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I ordered my car In july and delivery isn’t until the second week in November but the trade in on my current car stays the same as does the price of the new one. I guess it depends on what you want and the lead time, some are 9 months to order!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

I hand my pcp back in September and was looking at getting a Macan they are currently taking orders for August. I finally ordered a Audi SQ5 coupe that I’ll pick up in December so dose depends on what you want. Good luck

Edited at 05:42 PM.
keith1973 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List