Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Oct 21, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

Hemorrhoid surgery

Bit of an embaressing one! So I've been diagnosed with stage 4 hemorrhoids and been past onto the surgical team to go through options.

I've looked online and now I'm petrified of the pain!

Would love to hear some experiences if anyone has had surgery. Was it a success for you? Was the pain ok?
Old 26 Oct 21, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Not heamorroids as such, but had an internal fissure which needed surgery (and there were hemarroids too but no surgery needed for them) I cant dress it up at all, when I came round I felt like Id had a can of coke vaccume packed up my bum! I was so frightened of going to the loo for the first time afterwards. And if memory serves it was like passing shards of glass... but... it soon calmed down and it was such a relief (no pun intended) to be able to go to the loo without a second thought or searing pain for ages afterwards. As they say, no pain no gain. It wasnt pleasant, but very much worth it in the long run. Be brave, if you have got to this stage you must be suffering, so get it sorted and then youll feel like a new person once healed.
Pains in the bum are awful! Best of luck to you x
littlelish0544 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. Do they go from stage 4 to stage 3 on their own sometimes? If so have you considered banding?
Even stage 4 can be banded.

Sad to say I'm an expert on banding!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OP. Do they go from stage 4 to stage 3 on their own sometimes? If so have you considered banding?
Even stage 4 can be banded.

Sad to say I'm an expert on banding!
I've not sure tbh! He said that i have multiple stage 4s, after only had one stage 3 in May. Its become so painful that I can barely walk now and I'm anaemic now from blood loss. Banding looks less invasive, but he said that it looks like surgery for mine.

I guess with banding there is a higher risk of recurrence. Banding sounds less scary though!
Old 26 Oct 21, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by littlelish0544 View Post
Not heamorroids as such, but had an internal fissure which needed surgery (and there were hemarroids too but no surgery needed for them) I cant dress it up at all, when I came round I felt like Id had a can of coke vaccume packed up my bum! I was so frightened of going to the loo for the first time afterwards. And if memory serves it was like passing shards of glass... but... it soon calmed down and it was such a relief (no pun intended) to be able to go to the loo without a second thought or searing pain for ages afterwards. As they say, no pain no gain. It wasnt pleasant, but very much worth it in the long run. Be brave, if you have got to this stage you must be suffering, so get it sorted and then youll feel like a new person once healed.
Pains in the bum are awful! Best of luck to you x
Thank you! I'm glad it gave you relief. I guess I'm in pain now, so short term pain for no pain! Still scared haha
Old 26 Oct 21, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Emmie2016 View Post
I've not sure tbh! He said that i have multiple stage 4s, after only had one stage 3 in May. Its become so painful that I can barely walk now and I'm anaemic now from blood loss. Banding looks less invasive, but he said that it looks like surgery for mine.

I guess with banding there is a higher risk of recurrence. Banding sounds less scary though!
Mmm. My sympathy to you. I wont beat around the bush the surgery works well but for 2 weeks post surgery the pain is horrendous and the only relief you can get is to sit in a warm bath. Do NOT Google the operation!

Banding works and can be a lifetime solution or in my case needs re doing every 3 years. However that's a £1K a go.

Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

No real life experience but I was an anaesthetic nurse & saw it done many times. DO NOT google the op as per Mr Morrow

Take the laxative, drink loads of water, walk around, buy a squatty potty ( or similar). Take regular pain relief & prescribed antibiotics . Buy disposable underwear.

One of our anaesthetists had the surgery said it was brutal the first week but so worth it.
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by storm View Post
No real life experience but I was an anaesthetic nurse & saw it done many times. DO NOT google the op as per Mr Morrow

Take the laxative, drink loads of water, walk around, buy a squatty potty ( or similar). Take regular pain relief & prescribed antibiotics . Buy disposable underwear.

One of our anaesthetists had the surgery said it was brutal the first week but so worth it.
Thank you! I already googled 😳. I'm too nosey!
Old 26 Oct 21, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Here is my take on it before undergoing surgery. I know it's going to cost but it may be circa £180 to £250 well spent. See a Consultant at Spire to see if Banding will be an option. It may be they can do 2, 3 or 4 of them and then the other problematic ones may shrink anyhow. Then you can have them banded later.
At the same time have a flexible sigmoidoscopy done which bumps up the cost but will put your mind at rest.

All money I know but may be better than 2 weeks of hell on earth!

Old 26 Oct 21, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

If you can afford to go private, have a look at the THD procedure instead as it's designed for all grades, including 4, and involves no cutting:
nuffieldhealth/treat...ialisation-thd

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List