Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 27 Oct 21, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachaelwoolly
VIP Dibber

Winter sun ideas

Hello Dibbers
Me (49) and my other half 47 are thinking a little getaway of at least a week to break the winter about February time.

I guess a beach and pool would be lovely for some downtime as we love swimming/snorkling my OH scubas .Within walking distance of a little town or harbour would be the things. We won't plan to hire a car unless absolutely required.

I do better with some eg sightseeing, boat trips, history as I struggle to sit on a lounger for long !

I have been to kassiopi in Corfu a few years back which I quite enjoyed and loved going to all the little tavernas so that level would be ok.

I would love to go back to Greece but I guess its not the right time of year. Ive had a quick look and i guess we are looking at the canaries/Madeira or Cyprus but don't know where to start !

If anyone has any recommendations or specific hotels I would love to hear your thoughts.
Rachaelwoolly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

I am going to follow this thread as we too are looking for ideas for a week in Feb!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Canaries is good for winter sun holidays.
Our favourite is Lanzarote and staying in Playa Blanca.
Rubicon Palace is a lovely hotel you can walk to the Rubicon Marina which takes around 30 mins or you can catch the bus the stop is right outside the hotel.
We’ve done the volcano tour and the island tour which took us to a few places around the island both tours were full days.
You can also catch the ferry over to Fuerteventura
Old 27 Oct 21, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachaelwoolly
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Canaries is good for winter sun holidays.
Our favourite is Lanzarote and staying in Playa Blanca.
Rubicon Palace is a lovely hotel you can walk to the Rubicon Marina which takes around 30 mins or you can catch the bus the stop is right outside the hotel.
We’ve done the volcano tour and the island tour which took us to a few places around the island both tours were full days.
You can also catch the ferry over to Fuerteventura
excellent ! I love a tour Thanks so much.
Rachaelwoolly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Canaries for weather definitely. Marina suites in Puerto Rico we’ve done twice in feb half term and although pool has been cold we’ve enjoyed the low 20s and sun all week
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachaelwoolly
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by anna68 View Post
Canaries for weather definitely. Marina suites in Puerto Rico we’ve done twice in feb half term and although pool has been cold we’ve enjoyed the low 20s and sun all week
Thanks votes for Canaries
So is that a heated pool and still too cold ? or would it be a good idea to look for a heated pool option, if that makes sense?
Old 29 Oct 21, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
barry206
Serious Dibber

Caribbean. We’re just back from Barbados and it was lovely. Safest island yet. Locals were lovely, safe to go off resort, local transport was amazing. 3.5 Barbadian $ (£1.30) to travel anywhere on the island.
barry206 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 21, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

We took the plunge and booked for fuerteventura last night staying in jandia. Got a great price for all inclusive but plan to eat out a couple of nights. Looking forward to some winter sun 🤞
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 21, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by barry206 View Post
Caribbean. We’re just back from Barbados and it was lovely. Safest island yet. Locals were lovely, safe to go off resort, local transport was amazing. 3.5 Barbadian $ (£1.30) to travel anywhere on the island.
Somewhere that I would love to go when our 4 DS don't want to come with us anymore!
Old 29 Oct 21, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachaelwoolly
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by barry206 View Post
Ooh ! How exciting ! Glad you had a good time