Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Oct 21, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
deafjeff
Excited about Disney

June or Sept

Hi,

We have enough DVC points to go back again Sept 23 but we can also go back in June.

Which month would you pick (both come in very similar pricing)

We normally go in Sept - what June is like? I read some where that it is quite wet month?
deafjeff is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I would go for September out of the two.

June is much busier since it's the start of the US school holidays, where they're back in school by September.

I'd say weather wise they're pretty much identical, although more chance of hurricanes in September.

June has Flower & Garden now they've extended how long it's on for, September is Food & Wine and Halloween. This is mixed for me because I prefer F&G to F&W, but love Halloween at Disney.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
deafjeff
Excited about Disney

Thanks it my DH birthday in June and would love for him to wake up in Florida on his birthday
deafjeff is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Concerned
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by deafjeff View Post
Hi,

We have enough DVC points to go back again Sept 23 but we can also go back in June.

Which month would you pick (both come in very similar pricing)

We normally go in Sept - what June is like? I read some where that it is quite wet month?
June will be roasting hot, September a little less. I tend to go in November when the temperature is more bearable and there are fewer insects around.
Concerned is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Went in June once and never again. Rained all day every day for 6 days. Probably very unlucky but it is the month with the highest rain average if i recall correctly.
Trebor1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 21, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
streamlines
VIP Dibber

Been there twice in June for my Birthday, it has been very hot and humid both times, and the rain can be serious, i was driving once when the heaven's opened and even with the wipers on full could barely see the end of the bonnet. But still wanted to go again last year for a big birthday. Not been in September.

2005 Sept- First Trip to WDW, Dec - First Trip to DLP
2008 Jan - Goofy Challenge at WDW (Poly), Jun - Solo Trip WDW, Nov - Hong Kong Disneyland
2009 May - 1 Day at DLR, Dec - Mousemeets DLP (Newport Bay)
2010 June - The Big 40 in WDW (Beach Club) CANCELLED , Dec - WDW Oh we needed this
2011 April - Dad's Funeral Aug - D23 Expo
2012 June - The "Work" trip to WDW.
2013 May - California First Class
2014 Oct - Cruising the Caribbean
2015 Jun - Pinning for the Fjords
streamlines is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 21, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Trebor1 View Post
Went in June once and never again. Rained all day every day for 6 days. Probably very unlucky but it is the month with the highest rain average if i recall correctly.
I see conflicting reports for this. Some sources say June, others August. Might be differences in how the data is collected, whether it's total rainfall or number of days with rain. But it's pretty bad right across June-September with rain most days throughout.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 21, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

We have been all months of the year over the years but now go every year in March and September - September would be my most favourite time, still hot, we always find it slightly less humid and less rain - although you are in hurricane season and we were there for Irma which was interesting

I know it is always going to be luck of the draw - we have had both hot and really cold weather in March, but the only one time we have been in June and the rain was just relentless, (worse than any other month we have been) and really put a dampener (pun intended) on things and vowed I would never go back in June again.
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 21, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
VS075
Serious Dibber

September is the best time of year to go in my opinion! Usually great weather (not even afternoon showers most days) and low crowds.
My experience on US borders opening day: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1207820
VS075 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 21, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
FeFe
VIP Dibber

FeFe's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We’ve been in June the last few times and didn’t feel like it was bad with rain. It was tremendously hot so had an afternoon shower but never long prolonged rain all day. Back June next year but probably last time as my son will have left school by then. First 2 weeks in May is my favourite time
June 14 New York and Summer Bay
May 17 DIBB villa and Hard Rock
March 18 Hotel Metro New York
October 18 Majorca
June 19 Dibb Villa and Hard Rock
June 2022 dibb villa and Hard Rock
June 2024 Heron Villa again hard rock and poss beach club for couple of nights
FeFe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List