Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 9 Mar 18, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

I'm back and I've made notes
It sounds like you had an amazing time in Orlando even without doing Disney.
You are ever so brave riding all those coasters in SeaWorld, I salute you! There isn't enough money in the world to get me on Manta
Oh Lord, Klondikes ice cream cookie sandwiches! Why the heck did I not see these the multiple times I visited the supermarket last year. They are now firmly on my (ever growing ) shopping list
Longhorns definitely does the nicest steak, I had the Flo's filet same as David the first time we went, so so good.
We loved Discovery Cove and the fact everything was paid for in advance, it makes it great value but I too would be annoyed that no one ate their fill. It's always the way isn't it!
The Big Pink donut is quite possibly my favourite snack ever, I actually begrudge sharing it with the kids .
I cant believe you did Hulk and both Dragon coasters . I mistakenly went on the Blue one in 2015 thinking it was going to be like the vampire ride in Chessington. I was wrong, very very wrong .
Cicis looks really nice and ridiculously cheap! Another for this years list.
Ok I'm sorry but how on earth did you keep a straight face all the way to Hogwarts with someone wearing a sock puppet . I actually might have been tempted to have a conversation with it
Ooh cocktails in Margaritaville. 5 oclock somewhere looks right up my street
You saying about doing the customer satisfaction survey made me chuckle. It reminded me when we had a representative from our local council going door to door asking about the new recycling system. Well I bet he wished he hadn't knocked at my house. I gave him every piece of my mind about what I thought about it, I was on fire
I'm so glad you enjoyed Kobe Steakhouse, I have been debating going there this year. Hope is ridiculously fussy, do they do just plain chicken?
I love Mexican food and those Nachos look amazing! I laughed at the way you took a photo of the cocktail list first, got your priorities right
When we were in Barcelona in November we went to the Hard Rock Café and I had the same burger as David. It really is legendary!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this up Abby, I can safely say I am now ridiculously hungry but also really looking forward to trying some of these places in August

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 18, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
I'm back and I've made notes
It sounds like you had an amazing time in Orlando even without doing Disney.
You are ever so brave riding all those coasters in SeaWorld, I salute you! There isn't enough money in the world to get me on Manta
Oh Lord, Klondikes ice cream cookie sandwiches! Why the heck did I not see these the multiple times I visited the supermarket last year. They are now firmly on my (ever growing ) shopping list
Longhorns definitely does the nicest steak, I had the Flo's filet same as David the first time we went, so so good.
We loved Discovery Cove and the fact everything was paid for in advance, it makes it great value but I too would be annoyed that no one ate their fill. It's always the way isn't it!
The Big Pink donut is quite possibly my favourite snack ever, I actually begrudge sharing it with the kids .
I cant believe you did Hulk and both Dragon coasters . I mistakenly went on the Blue one in 2015 thinking it was going to be like the vampire ride in Chessington. I was wrong, very very wrong .
Cicis looks really nice and ridiculously cheap! Another for this years list.
Ok I'm sorry but how on earth did you keep a straight face all the way to Hogwarts with someone wearing a sock puppet . I actually might have been tempted to have a conversation with it
Ooh cocktails in Margaritaville. 5 oclock somewhere looks right up my street
You saying about doing the customer satisfaction survey made me chuckle. It reminded me when we had a representative from our local council going door to door asking about the new recycling system. Well I bet he wished he hadn't knocked at my house. I gave him every piece of my mind about what I thought about it, I was on fire
I'm so glad you enjoyed Kobe Steakhouse, I have been debating going there this year. Hope is ridiculously fussy, do they do just plain chicken?
I love Mexican food and those Nachos look amazing! I laughed at the way you took a photo of the cocktail list first, got your priorities right
When we were in Barcelona in November we went to the Hard Rock Café and I had the same burger as David. It really is legendary!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this up Abby, I can safely say I am now ridiculously hungry but also really looking forward to trying some of these places in August
I am brave aren't I? I think also I may have made a stupid rule that everyone must ride everything once. The problem was the kids were fine and i was a wreck. The sea world rides were the worst. I've discovered I don't like seeing the structure of the ride in the queue as it really puts me off and so this works really well at Disney (plus the fact they are much tamer there!). I was better on the kraken which had virtual reality goggles at seaworld as I couldn't see a thing. The kids did find my face utterly hilarious in all the ride photos. They did the red and blue Dragon challenge a few times while we waited and guarded some butterbeer.

I'm glad to have helped expand your shopping list, the Klondike ice cream was good, but what about the mang-o-ritas surely they will also make it on there? goodness they were awful, but I did manage to force them all down.

I love a survey, I'm always happy to give people a piece of my mind the poor council rep doesn't sound like he stood a chance.

Kobe was great, they will do pretty much anything you want. So yes there is plain chicken, but she won't be able to have fries with it! We forced Max to eat vegetables on holiday! He was fine, does Hope like stir fry? If not then you might have to buy her McDonald's on the way home! The chef show was fun to watch though so it was definitely worth it.

And what more can I say about that stupid woman with her puppet? It really made me cross, I think it wasn't helped by the fact that we'd queued for ages, about 40 minutes, and as good as it is, it is just a train journey, so I was not in the best of moods and then with her giving the sock puppet priority viewing well I was itching to say something, but rather uncharacteristically I didn't. I think I actually did bite my tongue to prevent myself from telling her off.

So, now you see why this year has to be Disney exclusively . We had a brilliant holiday last summer. NYC was awesome and I definitely want to return there sometime. The rest of Orlando was fab and we didn't miss Disney really, but i think for me this was helped because I'd already put the deposit down for OKW for this summer so I knew we'd be back to Orlando and Disney so I didn't need to try and get a disney fix.

Thanks for reading all the meanderings, wading through the report and then commenting as it allows me to remember the holiday again, which is one of the perks of writing a report.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List