Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 24 Jul 17, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Dorsetdisney
Gone all Goofy

renewing vows at disney

well, I'm thinking of renewing our vows! has anyone here done it on Disney property? what are the best things/places packages, rules etc?I've heard a rumour you can do it without having to pay a massive Disney wedding package fee? it will only be me my wife and daughter. We have never had 'marriage trouble' or anything like that, just simply would like to surprise my wife and 14yo daughter!

how the hell do i sneak dress into the luggage, how do i pick a dress, size, type... maybe I've hit a brick wall already with this one?

any tips and help will be much appreciated

thanks guys
BEACH CLUB VILLA nov 2018
Dorsetdisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 17, 01:21 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Most women would probably want to choose their dress, have the right accessories, shoes etc, just like they would for their wedding.

There are celebrants who will do an unauthorised very brief hit and run vow renewal on Disney property but it wouldn't be sanctioned by Disney and if you were to try entering a park in wedding dress it wouldn't be allowed without a booked Disney sanctioned (and paid for ) ceremony. Getting changed in and out of a wedding dress in park restrooms might be a giggle for an elopement but maybe not for a vow renewal ?

Unless you wife would get a kick out of a fast and furtive ceremony and you have perfect judgement in her choices of clothes you might end up with the "marriage trouble" you've successfully avoided so far ! ( the fact that you dont even know her size probably means you shouldn't do it ! )

There are inexpensive venues in Florida , try googling the Secret Garden or you could drive an hour to Cocoa Beach and have a beach ceremony (google weddings by Joanie) for a few hundred dollars versus the few thousand dollars Disney would be looking for.

Maybe surprise her with the idea before you go ... you planned your wedding together so surprising her with your research before you go and planning the details together would still be lovely and less risky !

Edited at 01:35 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 17, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I don't know the answer for logistics but... would love it if my dh came up with this an idea, researched it and maybe offered a couple of options to choose from. However I wouldn't like it if he didn't tell me until we got there. I would absolutely have to choose my dress, shoes etc and my dd would want to choose her too.

I do think it's a lovely idea though, particularly on Disney property somewhere. I can imagine that would be pricey so depends on the budget but I would love to do that.

I did see in a recent trip report that a couple did a photo shot with randy chapman in wedding outfit. That looked pretty amazing, having a photo with castle in the background with all the family dressed up would be nice.
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 17, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

You could try this disneyweddings/my-we...g-maker/step1/
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 17, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Can't help with the vow renewal itself but the dress problem could be solved with booking a meal at one of the posher restaurants like narcoosees or Victoria and Albert. Your wife and daughter would at least be able to choose their own dresses. your wife probably wouldn't want an actual wedding dress anyway Your wife doesn't need to know about the renewal then just a posh meal. Good luck, it's a nice idea.
Are you sure your wife would want to do a renewal ? You seem to suggest doubts when you say you haven't had any "marriage trouble"
Good luck with your plans it's a very thoughtful thing to do for her !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 17, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

First thing would be to make sure it's something your wife would be interested in! Some women would absolutely love the idea others like me wouldnt be keen.

Once you're sure she would be interested then you really need to tell her. I assume she would need to write vows herself, she (and daughter) will want to pick clothes and makeup/hair, she might want some input into where you go to celebrate after etc... Can't see it working at all as a surprise. Lots of my parents friends have done vow renewals but both wanted to, both planned, there was usually a gesture like engraving or updating rings. She bought him a watch and he bought her an eternity ring. That kind of thing. I think you're heart is in the right place but your plan would work better for a proposal which is usually a more one sided surprise affair.

Is there a birthday/anniversary/special occasion between now and your trip date? Maybe you could give her the renewal ceremony as a gift and that would give them time to get excited, shop, plan.

Edit: poster above me made a good point. Make sure she doesn't associate vow renewals with "marriage trouble" or she might get the wrong idea altogether 😉

Edited at 07:12 AM.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List