Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 14 Jun 17, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post
We are getting married John penneksmp state park November 2017
We booked through affordablebeachweddingsflorida
Just the two of us
6 nights islamorada
6 nights fort laurdale
And 4 nights animal kingdom lodge

All excited and also nervous incase the wedding people don't turn out to be legit
lol I worry to much
Wouldn't you be better doing 5 nights at AKL and get the free dining ?
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 17, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
KayleighJade
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Can't believe I've missed the wedding section on Dibb all this time!

Getting married 16th July this year in a Manor House in the West Country back home and start our Disney honeymoon on the 19th July!
KayleighJade is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 17, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessRella
slightly serious Dibber

PrincessRella's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by KayleighJade View Post
Can't believe I've missed the wedding section on Dibb all this time!

Getting married 16th July this year in a Manor House in the West Country back home and start our Disney honeymoon on the 19th July!
Ahh your wedding is so close, I am jealous! How are your wedding plans / Disneymoon plans going?x
PrincessRella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 17, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
KayleighJade
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by PrincessRella View Post
Ahh your wedding is so close, I am jealous! How are your wedding plans / Disneymoon plans going?x
It's still doesn't feel real even though it's so close!
Everything is sorted! We are pretty much good to go which is great. Still can't helped feeling stressed though! Made me quite under the weather last couple of weeks but I'd rather get it all out my system now anyway!
KayleighJade is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 17, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
beepbeep
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Wouldn't you be better doing 5 nights at AKL and get the free dining ?
How do you qualify for the free dining ?
Would I have to book my park tickets and hotel together ? I booked park tickets from undercover tourist
beepbeep is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 17, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Oh never mind I read it as November 18 not 17 . Sorry
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Philma
I want to go now!

Oh we a unsure what to do now... we have booked an intimate wedding at Paradise Cove, and thought we would pop our invites out early just to let our few family member that we were inviting know dates etc. It turns out now that we have 30 coming...which i'm really excited about. I have emailed Kayli at Paradise to ask her if we should have a reception there now we have 30 guests... just a wee bit unsure if 30 (32 including us) is enough for a reception? We had originally planned to go for a nice meal after wedding but I feel we should maybe plan something a bit more special as we have so many family members paying quite a lot of money to spend our wedding day with us? I wonder what everyone else does if have a lot of family members flying over with them?
Philma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Philma View Post
Oh we a unsure what to do now... we have booked an intimate wedding at Paradise Cove, and thought we would pop our invites out early just to let our few family member that we were inviting know dates etc. It turns out now that we have 30 coming...which i'm really excited about. I have emailed Kayli at Paradise to ask her if we should have a reception there now we have 30 guests... just a wee bit unsure if 30 (32 including us) is enough for a reception? We had originally planned to go for a nice meal after wedding but I feel we should maybe plan something a bit more special as we have so many family members paying quite a lot of money to spend our wedding day with us? I wonder what everyone else does if have a lot of family members flying over with them?
It's nice when everyone wants to come isn't it! We've got 30 coming, we're paying for their flights though so they'll enjoy the day as it suits us 😂 I understand what you mean but you should do what you want to do...I think a meal in a private dining room (maybe have a look at a four Seasons, the view of WDW fireworks is insane!) would be gorgeous x
onion2803 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Cammywatson033
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Originally Posted by PrincessRella View Post
Exciting! The GF is my absolute favourite, so jealous! Have you started dress shopping yet?
My fiancee has her dress already and the guys are all wearing kilts! Can't wait for it all now!
Cammywatson033 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 17, 03:32 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
Had to have a look! It looks a gorgeous spot to get married...gorgeous open views, tranquil, beautiful building...

Have a lovely wedding there.

photo c/o Jessica Doffing Photography

Plans are moving forward , I've had a rethink and we are now flying to Austin arriving on the Thursday, getting the licence Friday and getting married on the Monday, flying to Orlando on the Tuesday morning.
Can only book the Chapel 12 months ahead but have booked 5 nights at Disney at AKL, a week in a villa and then a four night cruise before flying home.
So next things to be booked are the Chapel in September , then the flights. As BA have a direct flight to Austin we will probably book as a package by adding the Austin hotel or one of the carhires so we just need to pay a deposit with the balance due only five weeks before. I have a target price for the flights so will jump as soon as the right price appears.
Seriously considering stetsons and cowboy boots for my OH and son... with really nice waistcoats. It is Texas after all

Our plans for just the two of us and my son are under doubt as it looks like we now have guests coming in from Idaho and Dallas (both long time friends of mine). I'd like to fly my future daughter in law out as a surprise for her Dad but not sure it can be done with childcare . That's a work in progress for now.

Edited at 03:40 AM.