Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 4 Jul 17, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida-Sarah
Apprentice Imagineer

Florida-Sarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Yes same for us, we gave our name and documents in at Alamo MCO and were handed keys to a Ford Expedition. I was actually quite disappointed as I had expected to be able to choose from a range of cars and desperately wanted a Suburban.
I asked if we could choose but was told that Expeditions were all they had.

WDW: 1992, 1993, 1996, 1998, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 x2, 2017, 2018, 2019 x 2

DCL: Disney Dream 2017, Disney Fantasy 2019
Florida-Sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 17, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
thedriver
Proud to wear my Ears

oh no ... I have treated myself to a full size suv - thinking i could choose "my ride" - been looking at the photos/ videos (sad I know), but choosing the right car has alwats been important as I enjoy the driving in the states.

Do alamo operate the same policy of being given the keys for all their locations as we are flying to MIA
thedriver is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 17, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by thedriver View Post
oh no ... I have treated myself to a full size suv - thinking i could choose "my ride" - been looking at the photos/ videos (sad I know), but choosing the right car has alwats been important as I enjoy the driving in the states.

Do alamo operate the same policy of being given the keys for all their locations as we are flying to MIA
This is not good news... one of the reasons we booked Alamo was that DH were able to choose the car.. (Full Size SUV booked)

Pretty disappointed that we may end up been given an old tank...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 17, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I think there is too much over thinking going on. They tried to give me a key in April for a Luxury but I told them no as my Son was already at the section hunting out the best car!

In the end the Guy came out of the hut with a whole load of keys and when we had selected the car he handed the right one over.

I certainly wont be told what I am having.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 17, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Paulhumby
Having Dinner with Goofy

When we were there back in October, we hired 2 x Full Size SUV's and they gave us the keys from the hut, no choice, we had to take what we were given the keys for.
Old 4 Aug 17, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

As always, if you're not happy...take it to the next level and complain.

I too book with Alamo for getting to select, if i wanted to have my car chosen for me i'd go elsewhere, for cheaper.
thatdavieguy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 17, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post

whatever they give me if its not a Burb I'll be making my point loudly known that I WANT ONE!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 17, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Mobile

We will be flying out in weds and booked a full size SUV, will see what happens and keep you posted.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 17, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by tinkerella123 View Post
We will be flying out in weds and booked a full size SUV, will see what happens and keep you posted.
Please do, this is very interesting and they are breaching their advertised perk of pick your own.

They won't be giving me keys on the 20th or I will set my Granddaughter on them with one of her famous tantrums!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 17, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Please do, this is very interesting and they are breaching their advertised perk of pick your own.

They won't be giving me keys on the 20th or I will set my Granddaughter on them with one of her famous tantrums!
Well arrived on weds, straight to garage and showed by bar code, had paid for a full size SUV, the guy went to the hut and brought out one key , ( yes one key no longer 2 keys) i went along to see what he was offering , it was a Ford Expedition, but this one had a faulty rear wiper, then a Tahoe arrived so opted for that one, I did ask the question about choosing our own car, he said it's no problem choosing another car if you don't like the car we give you,
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List