Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Aug 17, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by smedley View Post

Not that pretty looking, but a bit of wholewheat pasta, with quorn fillets, onions, carrots, mushrooms and peppers with the Iceland slimming world mushroom sauce. Really yummy! For those meat eaters out there hubby reckons the sauce would be fab over a steak
Sounds yummy and it looks okay Marie , I havnt tried the mushroom sauce from Iceland yet x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by mandco View Post
I do find a bit of colour makes meals look that bit more interesting but I don't mind what it looks like(within reason) as long as it tastes good.

Chicken tikka & rice for dinner tonight I do miss having the garlic naan with it. Guess that is a plus to having to go gf as it saves all those as syns I can't/shouldn't eat it now anyway
Love a curry and yep I miss the naan too,mi compromise and syn up a couple of popodoms as they are quite low syn x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Roast chicken dinner tonight , was lovely even without oxo roasties on the paste lol... was just one syn for a bit of gravy...10 syns again today X
Old 18 Aug 17, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post

I've just been thrown of the pinch of nom fb page and I'm really upset by it! A lady posted her rice pudding which led to the inevitable 'tweak' debate. An admin explained that as it was made with diet cream soda it would be a tweak as you could use as much rice as possible and keep topping up the liquid. She said that if you use milk from your hea it isn't a tweak as you can only use so much rice. I asked how it would work if you used almond milk as a hea as you get a lot of milk. I got a really rude reply stating that if I didn't like it I should consult slimming world. I replied that I was genuinely asking a question, hadn't meant to offend, but didn't think that my post required her level of response as there were plenty of posts far more argumentative than mine. Next thing I know comments are off and I'm blocked from the page. I follow that page avidly and find it a real support. I'm upset that the admin could message me to discuss what I had done wrong, but just threw me out without explanation, as silly as it sounds I'm gutted!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by jcp View Post
I've just been thrown of the pinch of nom fb page and I'm really upset by it! A lady posted her rice pudding which led to the inevitable 'tweak' debate. An admin explained that as it was made with diet cream soda it would be a tweak as you could use as much rice as possible and keep topping up the liquid. She said that if you use milk from your hea it isn't a tweak as you can only use so much rice. I asked how it would work if you used almond milk as a hea as you get a lot of milk. I got a really rude reply stating that if I didn't like it I should consult slimming world. I replied that I was genuinely asking a question, hadn't meant to offend, but didn't think that my post required her level of response as there were plenty of posts far more argumentative than mine. Next thing I know comments are off and I'm blocked from the page. I follow that page avidly and find it a real support. I'm upset that the admin could message me to discuss what I had done wrong, but just threw me out without explanation, as silly as it sounds I'm gutted!
Oh dear, sounds a bit harsh on their part to do that. My friend at slimming world swears by the rice pudding and has it for breakfast most mornings topped with a load of fruit, she prefers it to overnight oats. It is a tweak yes but a lot of things are I can't see it doing much harm to anyone's diet especially using diet cream soda there's less calories in that than your milk healthy A. The healthy A is there to keep calcium levels up so I'd probably drop my A choice that day and have yogurt instead for calcium? But I'm not an expert lol. X

Edited at 10:18 AM.
Old 18 Aug 17, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Mobile

Definitely seems harsh that you'd be thrown out for that, seems like a sensible question to me.

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by smedley View Post
Definitely seems harsh that you'd be thrown out for that, seems like a sensible question to me.
I guess you can't always tell the tone of a post when it is typed. There was no sp with the pudding and I also said that unless the portion was split into 2, which the poster said it wasn't, she ate the lot as her main meal, that I wouldn't add speed as it would be adding extra calories. I guess they thought I was trying to start an argument. I presume that others were thrown off as well as there were far more argumentative posts.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Mobile

I found WW wraps! 😁 In Asda today and even better on special too

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Mobile

Tonight's dinner, baked mackerel fillets, roasted mediterranean veg and corn on the cob

Old 18 Aug 17, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Made mayflower chicken curry again...god that stuff is lovely and bad mine with jacket spud and salad ... was 2 syns for the curry sauce... I've gone up to my limit today with syns cos baked with Lilly and had to sample but pretty sure I over estimated the syns 👍😀
Closed Thread