Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 31 Jul 17, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

This was a good question op. We have booked a lunch at Sanaa and we're really looking forward to it.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 17, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post

I think we will go. Worst case the kids have a kids meal or just bread and it saves two table service credits!

Thanks to everyone for their perspectives!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 17, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Lulu-Belle
Excited about Disney

It was my favorite restaurant last year, the food was gorgeous and even the kids enjoyed it. They loved the breads and dips (which range from very plain to spicy). I have the fish on a bed of mealy's with a spicy tomato sauce and tbh it makes my mouth water just thinking about it. It definitely on my list for next year.
Cabana Bay - 2019
Lulu-Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 17, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
wozza
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Kids loved this, did it on dining plan and would do again. Great surroundings and nice food.
Port Orleans Riverside/Cocoa Beach October 2018
wozza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 17, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
BoltofLight
Trying for More Ears

I was really looking forward to Sanaa, but I wasn't blown away. The bread service was good but the Potje inspired meals weren't my thing and were pretty meh (I had the beef stew, butter chicken and tikka paneer).

My DD6s both had the childrens meals (cheeseburgers) and DH had the Trio of meats which they enjoyed.

I personally wouldn't choose to go back but I can see DH or DDs wanting to and being overruled.
BoltofLight is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 17, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post

I wouldn't rate it as a typical uk Indian restaurant, but we enjoyed it and the breads and dips were awesome...
Old 7 Aug 17, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh the bread service is nice enough, afterall, you cannot moan about some naan breads and dips / chutneys

then you get to the main food

bland and tasteless summed it up for us, zero spice in anything, the " curry dish " was just tasteless, paneer tikka, lentil dhal & chickpea wat, of course we were not expecting it to be spicy, but a little taste might have been nice, you could have been blindfolded and tasted it all and not seen any difference

I honestly am lost to see why people rave about the place, if a few different Naan is your thing, then go for it, otherwise avoid
Old 17 Aug 17, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Emma-p
Excited about Disney

Went a few nights ago myself Dh, and 2 Dd. Was one meal I was looking forward too. But like someone said it's more Africian than Indian and didn't live up to expectations. Wouldn't go back again. Bread service was the only part we enjoyed
Emma-p is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Emma-p View Post
Went a few nights ago myself Dh, and 2 Dd. Was one meal I was looking forward too. But like someone said it's more Africian than Indian and didn't live up to expectations. Wouldn't go back again. Bread service was the only part we enjoyed
Not sure why you would expect India in an African themed resort?

Disney332
Old 17 Aug 17, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We went last week and it was delicious as always