Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 6 Aug 17, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile More Uber questions. Help appreciated. :)

Sorry we're heading to Florida again soon and I'm getting anxious about using Uber for the first time and have some questions...

Can I install before I go? Are there any codes I can use and would I enter these on sign up here or there?

Does anyone know if outback and Manny's on the 192 have wifi or is there wifi nearby? Can't remember but think Manny's might be by a Mcdonalds?

We want to get an Uber from West Haven. Would we need to request an Uber using the villa wifi then head to the gate or can they get on to the estate? Don't really want them to see the villa anyway and know where we're staying.

Any advice would be great. We've never used Uber and usually drive everywhere. Don't want to use our data although considering getting a 3 sim and either putting feel at home on it or using it pay as you go?

thanks
Old 6 Aug 17, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
steviet78
Excited about Disney

steviet78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
You can install the app before you go and I would recommend this. Just google a discount code they are always around plus signup the oh too and then you get the benefits twice.

Cant help on the wifi as we are Three customers so always have feel at home.

However we normally always hire a car and used Uber on our last trip and you have nothing to worry about.
steviet78 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 17, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks
Old 6 Aug 17, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
There is a groupon today for Uber, says $20 for $10 would this be ok to use with the discount when you sign up , has anybody used a groupon ?

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2015 POFQ, RPR and DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay
Triciamcl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 17, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Mobile

Just bumping for anymore help.
Old 8 Aug 17, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Mobile

Do we need to tip the drivers now and if so how much? I know I read something recently about changes but haven't really seen anyone mention it?
Old 8 Aug 17, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Steve.S
Imagineer

Steve.S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Orlando 2004 View Post
Do we need to tip the drivers now and if so how much? I know I read something recently about changes but haven't really seen anyone mention it?
Hi we used uber for the first time last October,we were using them from Idrive @ pointe orlando to the Disney parks and back,we tipped the drivers $5 ,we never waited more than 5-10 mins,they were very courteous and polite,will deffo use uber next time we go.
Steve.S is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 17, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post

I am jumping on this thread - soooo you just install it here and it will just 'know' I am in Florida I dont need to update it or change it out there? And I presume I link it to a card to pay? I must live in the dark ages...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 17, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
davdawnbro
Getting Excited

I am following this thread with interest. I have never used uber before but it sounds great and am planning on giving it a go when we are there in October.

I have not downloaded the app yet as like you I was unsure wether it would work once over there. I am also not very technical.
davdawnbro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 17, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
W1zz
Apprentice Imagineer

The UK version works in the US. It will charge in dollars so be aware which payment card you select to pay. You get a choice during the booking process. I use applepay and switch to my card that doesn't have transaction fees.
After the ride, as well as rating the driver, your now able to add a tip. So no need to tip in cash after the ride. Tipping is optional.

We've used Lyft twice so far, as when I looked to book an Uber, there were no XL's available at that time (5 passengers). So I used Lyft, which was also slightly cheaper.
I noticed yesterday in my Lyft app, they have a promotion on. Buy a $4.99 pass and get $5 off my next 10 rides. It was a bit of a getting it to accept my card, I think it was postcode which needed to be in caps and with space. I used my UK postcode.

Update: The Lyft Pass only works on regular cars (4 passengers) not Lynx Plus.

Edited at 11:29 AM.
W1zz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List