Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Aug 17, 02:03 AM  
Link to this Post
laurac1988
Imagineer

Couple of Toddler Related Questions

My daughter turns two while we are there.

Most of the reservations we have booked are buffet restaurants. Will she be ok to eat from mine and my wife's plate while we are there, or will we need to pay for a buffet for Eden too?

Also, it's her birthday while we are there. We are dining at Hollywood and Vine for breakfast - Disney Junior! Do they do anything special for birthdays? I mentioned it when we booked the reservation (over the phone) but there's nothing showing as added to it
laurac1988 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 02:05 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

If she is under 2 when she arrives she won't have a ticket and you won't have to pay for her in a buffet.
She can have her own plate of food.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

As Bevs97 mentioned she can have her own plate at the buffet restaurants.

If you mention to the CM on the day they may bring out a cupcake for her. It's probably noted on your booking it just won't show on the MDE.
Old 13 Aug 17, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

I've just looked at our reservations and can't see anything on it about birthdays we mentioned when booking, so I assume it's held centrally as it definitely gets passed on to the restaurant. (I guess it is worth a discrete mention when checking into the restaurant as well.)

You get a birthday card and a cup cake.

We have chef mickeys booked for dd2s first birthday and Callie Grill booked for my parents 60th.

As well as having their own plate, under 3s also get a drink for free at buffets as well (although I think last year we didn't have to buy our then 2 year old a drink at any of our ADRs last year

Edited at 08:53 AM.
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
laurac1988
Imagineer

That's awesome - thanks everyone. She definitely would eat her own meal if we paid for it but she would definitely eat some pickings from a buffet. Toddlers, hey?

Interesting that birthdays mentioned and stuff are held centrally. I'll mention it when we get there too, although she will be wearing a badge and a shirt that says "I AM 2!" So might not have to mention it...
laurac1988 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List