Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 14 Aug 17, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Bouncing Tigger
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Unhelpful Alamo email

I'm quite stunned that Alamo replied so negatively. I love that they started off the email saying they'd be happy to help me today, pfft lol.

I first of all asked if we could drop off our car at the Car Centre as we're collecting it from Disney Dolphin - they replied that they couldn't check.

I also said that I understand that we have to contact them the day before we pick up the car to arrange for their minibus to take us to the collection point however because we will be in the air at the times they're open we can't do this and do they have a solution. They replied: ' I see that our Disney locations do not offer pick up or drop service. You would need to find transportation to the Disney Dolphin location for pick up'.

They then said' Please reach out to Strathearn Publishing for any modifications', any idea who they are?

Can any of you Dibbers help who don't work for Alamo yet know more than they do.

Quality Inn International Oct 97 & Sep 2002
Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando Nov 2006
Coco Key Hotel & Water Park Oct 2012
POR Oct 2017 30th anniversary trip
May 2019 POFQ
POFQ again 2022
The best of the best 2023
Bouncing Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Hi.

Strathearn publishing are the 3rd party suppliers for your Alamo Brits booking. They publish the Brits Guide to Florida (and others)

Usual nonsense from Alamo so dont be surprised, also they are all dreadful not just Alamo.
The Minibus only services the Car Care Centre, not the Dolphin. So if your pick up is there you will have to get a cab or Uber etc.
When you pick it up ask can you drop it at the CCC but dont hold your breath as your contract doesnt include this facility.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Bouncing Tigger
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Ah I see thank you Mr Morrow. I may change the booking to collect and drop at the CCC. If I do that, can I ring the 0800 UK number?
I'd still be stuck to arrange the minibus, any suggestions other than asking a friend to do it for us?
Thanks

May 2019 POFQ
POFQ again 2022
Bouncing Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Be very careful about any changes. Normally they will cancel your original booking and rebook at todays prices. Probably a lot more but please check as it may be cheaper!

I assume you are picking up the day after you land?

I think the 'friend' option is the best bet. They ring when the CCC is open, you are airborne and they arrange a pick up time for you. They will have to ring the CCC number. Not the Alamo national number. The Ladies on the desk book the pick ups when you ring.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
prugone
Very Serious Dibber

If you are going to pick up at The Dolphin BEWARE. We were due to collect our Alamo car from there three days ago at the booked time of 4pm. We wandered over from the Beach Club and arrived at 4.05 to find the desk closed! Apparently they close at 4pm. Had to phone the Car Care Centre and get them to pick us up from the Beach Club.
prugone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bouncing Tigger
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Be very careful about any changes. Normally they will cancel your original booking and rebook at todays prices. Probably a lot more but please check as it may be cheaper!

I assume you are picking up the day after you land?

I think the 'friend' option is the best bet. They ring when the CCC is open, you are airborne and they arrange a pick up time for you. They will have to ring the CCC number. Not the Alamo national number. The Ladies on the desk book the pick ups when you ring.
Thanks Mr Morrow I look into it a bit more and go from there, I promise I'll be very careful;. I really appreciate your advice, thanks.

Originally Posted by prugone View Post
If you are going to pick up at The Dolphin BEWARE. We were due to collect our Alamo car from there three days ago at the booked time of 4pm. We wandered over from the Beach Club and arrived at 4.05 to find the desk closed! Apparently they close at 4pm. Had to phone the Car Care Centre and get them to pick us up from the Beach Club.
I'm ready thanks, 8am - 4pm, thanks for the reminder.

May 2019 POFQ
POFQ again 2022
Old 15 Aug 17, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

I picked my car up from the Dolphin earlier this year. I was staying at SSR so wandered to DS for a Starbucks, hopped on the bus and it was easy. I did get stung as I stupidly accepted an upgrade (convertible was nice though) :-).
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List