Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Aug 17, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Mobile

All these posts have been a great comfort to me just thought I was a rubbish mum
Am constantly reminding my 12 year old not to say anything on x box live that he wouldn't say to someone's face !
inky1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lemon-squeeze View Post
Am I the only parent who thinks the worst thing they ever did was buy an Xbox for their son?
So sick of the shouting and stressing when he is playing on it, he turns into a horrible person and the language that comes out of his mouth is discussing.
I am forever taking it off of him and after losing it for a month has only had it back 9 days and he his having it taken again due to his behaviour.
I would happily burn it!
I would happily chuck the PS4 in the bin!
Our two younger ones have a PS4 set-up in a downstairs room to themselves, and it's not swearing I hear coming out of that room but the way they argue constantly and sometimes get to fighting like two cats in a sack over whose turn it is!
They've just had 2 weeks off it and have to say they are both the better for it.
PS4 - the work of the devil!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Excited about Disney

If I ever hear my friends talking about getting a console I always advice against it
lemon-squeeze is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
uhohima
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Some of us never grow out of it... then we go and work in the games industry 😉
uhohima is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Jamthemackem
Excited about Disney

I'm in to my 40s 😢 but I have had computers/consoles for all my adult life. I only play online with my close friends as most of them live the other end of the country. It has been known for a few expletives to be uttered. 😳
Jamthemackem is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
princessgem
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

My bf is banned from playing rayman now... too much shouting!

2015: Art of Animation + Hard Rock
princessgem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
BabyM
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

This thread has made me laugh. Oh god my bf has an Xbox and wii u, I personally would love to burn both. He is 30 and can play them for hours on end when home from work or the weekend and the shouting/ swearing don't even get me started.
Old 14 Aug 17, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
redfox5
slightly serious Dibber

redfox5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
You don't grow out of this. If I'm playing a game online on my ps4. I'm shouting at the other people online, epecially if it's people I know on there All part of the experence
Old 14 Aug 17, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

They don't grow out of it! My dh is 31 and has always owned an Xbox. Every new console they release he has to have. 😂 However his behaviour and language is fine. It's me playing MARIO Kart that's the problem. All the swear words get used then. 🙈🙈🙈
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyNikki
slightly serious Dibber

Don't get me started on the xbox... 4.30am this morning I was woken up by DS16 taking in his headset and when I looked in refused to turn it off!

I went straight downstairs, opened the fusebox, turned off the electric to the entire house and went back to bed.

The dog was mesmerised as to what was going on...
DisneyNikki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List