Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 17 Aug 17, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerMom
Apprentice Imagineer

I like 5 Guys and don't think they are all that expensive as one portion of fries is enough for 3 people. I like being able to choose what goes on my burger. I don't see it as something special but as a tasty lunch when out shopping it does the trick.
TigerMom is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

5 Guys are opening up here in Chelmsford shortly, I will give them the 'benefit of the doubt' and have a meal. They'd better be good because Chelmsford is bursting at the seams with restaurants and bars so standards have to be high to keep their customers.

Wilkins of Tiptree, the jam people, are opening a shop and tea room here soon as well. I can see my hard-lost 4 stones will be piling back on 😱

Edited at 12:35 PM.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
stevo25
Very Serious Dibber

I do enjoy 5 guys, but never bothered trying them in US. We have 2 in Leeds and I have used the one in the Trafford centre.
I have a tendency to try burger places that are not available back home(other than Macs)
So A&W, great fries, burgers and shakes
Wendys, probably my favourite. The chili they do is good too.
and any others will be added to the ever expanding list I have created.
And back home I enjoy Reds BBQ place, Almost famous(IMHO the best burgers in the North)
Aren't opinions great, were all allowed one!
stevo25 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Only had them in the UK. They are nicer than Macs or BK but not for the price. Two of us having a burger and drink with no fries, spent over £20!

I find the fries taste stale - don't like the peanut oil.

For that price I would rather sit down in a Byron and have my food brought to me.

Shake Shack is better (there's one near where I work now) but still crazy prices for a take away experience.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
lolalolo86
Imagineer

I love Five Guys and would class it as my one of my favourite burger places here. Worth the prices in my opinion as I like a thinner patty and cooked fresh to order with exact toppings I want, cant beat it. Not into thick meaty burgers so anywhere with thinner patties always wins for me. I can see it not being everyone taste though.

I am hoping to try BurgerFi next year, anyone been there?
lolalolo86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post

Me and the girl child are very partial to a Five Guys when in Florida. Have one at the Florida Mall, then if you don't like it there's a good excuse to have cakes from Carlo's to take the taste away
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mental Minnie View Post
I do like 5 guys but the one here is mega expensive for what you get. We will try one in Orlando this year, although our sons have us tortured for Wendy's burgers when we are in Orlando. They just love them.
Must be the name
We had Wendy's on the way back from Jamaica this year and it was worse than McDonalds.

Shake Shack > Five Guys > Johnny Rockets > McDonalds > Wendys
SteveyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by wotever View Post
We don't eat five guys anymore since culvers opened, great value for burgers and frozen custard for dessert
Another one for Culvers, all their food is good. The fish and chips are moreish too! They went over and above and made coffee for us when we said we weren't keen on cold drinks.
Having said that the Five Guys in Lakeland is still brilliant.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

We went for the first time too in Florida Mall, must say we weren't massively impressed either. Think I expected it to be better as people rave over it so much. My husband says his A&W burger in Canada last year was far better.
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
I've had one in Orlando, at the outlet mall, at the time I didn't know it was a 5 guys I just fancied burger & fries & went in, it was nice, nothing more, wouldn't rush back, I did really enjoy the one near ikea in Manchester, lovely skin on fries & my burger was lovely, really fresh & juicy, dd loves that you can get grape soda too, were off to IKEA bank holiday Monday, I think a trip to 5 guys is on the cards, just hope nobody else wants one because it was one expensive burger & fries

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018, New York July 2023
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List