Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Aug 17, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Just back - all highs really!

So we landed at 11am this morning after our amazing two week honeymoon and I managed to sleep for nearly the whole flight so not feeling too bad at the moment

We did 2 days at Universal, 4 days in Naples, 2 days in Key West and then 5 nights at the Boardwalk Inn in a DVC studio. Having stayed at the Boardwalk Inn in the hotel side last year I'd say that the rooms were a bit larger over there but it was well worth renting points for our stay as we saved so much compared to staying in the hotel. Also, leaving Disney until the end of our stay meant we really seemed to appreciate it more once we get there! I will do a full trip report, but here is a little run down of what we did:

Flights

Delayed with Norwegian on the way out by an hour but we landed only 20 minutes late. We were in row 9 seats B and C, which meant we were right outside the exit door of the plane! LOADS of leg room, the plane was really quiet and spacious. IFE was good and we ordered the meal as well, which was okay. I liked the chicken caesar wrap which came around an hour before landing more than the main meal. We landed to an empty immigration hall (first off the plane!) and after touching down at 8.40pm we were at the Royal Pacific by 10pm! All fine coming back too, this time we were in row 6, which was also extra leg room, but I'd go for row 9 again if we were on the Dreamliner.

Universal

Having missed this at Christmas, we definitely appreciated it more this time. It also seemed really quiet compared to other visits and we walked on to a lot of rides in the first hour we were in the park. I was pleased to see that all of the rides (including Harry Potter stuff) are now express so we barely queued for anything! Great meal at the Cowfish again.

Naples

Apart from our Satnav not working and scuppering our first day plans, we had a very relaxing couple of days at the Naples Beach Hotel and Golf Club. We were on the 6th floor so had a lovely view of the beach and pool. The sea was like a warm bath

We also did an Everglades boat tour - I did not think I was going to get that close to an alligator in my life!

Key West

We LOVED Key West, LOVED Eden House (where we stayed) and we will definitely go back! The drive there did take an age but it was fantastic to drive all along US1 and over the bridges that connect the Keys together. The guest house was beautiful and so chilled out. We went out to snorkel with Fury Adventures. Although we couldn't go to the man-made coral reef as it was too choppy, it was still a great experience. Duval Street was fantastic and we had a great time exploring the shops, bars and restaurants there.

Walt Disney World

Of course, another highlight! Lovely to catch up with the Pumba75's for breakfast (which they kindly treated us to at BOG) and meet MinnieMrsA and her husband who we met for a drink at the Contemporary on our last full day. Of course, I'm not jealous *at all* that they are all still there and we are back home!

The Boardwalk is such a fantastic place to stay and, of course I love to take a photo or a 1,000 of it!

We rented points through David's Vacation Rentals (hope that's okay to post here?) and they were great. Originally I made a mistake on our booking and they sorted it out instantly and it was showing on MDE immediately. I'd definitely use them again.

We enjoyed walking to EPCOT and Phil FINALLY got to try drinking around the world! He managed it but it took an epic 8 hours as we went very slowly due to the heat! I managed a snack or a drink in every country except Germany and it was the only day we didn't have an ADR as we were very full from the various snacks!

We also managed to get on both the Na'vi River Journey (without a fastpass) and Flight of Passage (which Phil insists on calling Flight of the Bumblebee! ). We did the River Journey straight away and walked on without of a fastpass. Our fastpass for FOP was at 10.30am ish and there was a FOUR HOUR QUEUE by the time we came out

With the fastpass we were in and out in about 15 minutes! Well worth a go if you have a fastpass but if not ... Be prepared to wait and then wait some more if you want to go on it

It was also nice to get 'one last ride' on both Ellen's Energy Adventure and The Great Movie Ride - sad to see them go for nostalgia reasons. I always remember my dearly departed mum trying to bolt for the door on Ellen's Energy Adventure when the cast member told us to all put our hands up for the lap bar to come down!

We had some fantastic meals but the highlight had to be the California Grill as always. We then stayed for Happily Ever After which I was ready to have a good old moan about as it'd replaced Wishes. However, I LOVED Happily Ever After! I look forward to seeing it again in the future

We wore our 'Happily Ever After Badges' and it was lovely to get so many congratulations! Plus a few free cakes here and there too!

The only niggle at Disney was on the same day we waited 45 minutes to a bus to Disney Springs from Animal Kingdom (we were going via Saratoga Springs as the plan was to walk from there) and then FIFTY minutes for bus back to the Boardwalk from Disney Springs :angry:

Waste of an afternoon...

I did have a moan to guest services but they didn't seem that interested unfortunately ...

Weather

Hot, hot, hot! We didn't think the first week was as humid but then we've not been down as far that south before so not sure if that's normal? We both got burnt from sitting with the top down driving around in the Mustang! We drove over 1,000 miles over the course (well, I drove, Phil relaxed! ) of the two weeks so we made the most of it and had the top down where we could! We had a few episodes of rain but they usually lasted less than an hour and then it was back to being boiling hot again!

We are not planning on returning until 2019 at the earliest but watch this space as we had such a fantastic two weeks. Just wanted to share a few photos as well:

Snorkeling at Key West:

Testing out my new obsession on my camera - slow shutter speed water photos!

Sunset over Naples Beach

I wasn't using zoom on this photo - we were THIS close!

The Boardwalk just before sunset

View of the beach and hotel at Naples from the sea!

Driving over the 7 Mile Bridge towards Key West

View from the balcony at our guest house in Key West

Standing on the southern most point of the United States:

Animal Kingdom

Happily Ever After

Fireworks from outside the Yacht Club

Of course, it wouldn't be the same without one of these:

Any questions, please ask! Trip report is coming soon...
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

What an amazing trip, I have loved following along on IG So glad you had such a wonderful honeymoon... looking forward to the full report!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Looks fabulous. I'd like to get out to Key West one year.
Old 16 Aug 17, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Slinky Malinki
Being a bit Goofy

Excellent read - sounds like a cracking trip.
Slinky Malinki is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
What an amazing tip, your photos are fab. Love the slow shutter one of Ripsaw falls
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Amazing photos! What a great trip, so glad you enjoyed and shared with us thanks!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

Cant wait for trip report. Amazing photos. I would love to go to Key West, looks beautiful.
Old 16 Aug 17, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Congratulations Phil's DW! So glad you had such a good trip.

Gorgeous photos! ...And that one of the gorilla playing hide and seek is priceless.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside

Edited at 05:40 PM.
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYLIZ
Imagineer

Cannot wait for your trip report. Sounds like you had a wonderful honeymoon, cannot believe you are already back
DISNEYLIZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
phoebe23
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Congratulations - What a fabulous honeymoon - no spiders! Looking forward to lots of pints and pointing 💖
phoebe23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List