Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Aug 17, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

Originally Posted by redfox5 View Post
Urg this annoys me so much. They just seem to move about our area.

You always get people defending them on the local facebook sites as well. Apprently 'they aren't doing any harm'

Yeah, apart from abusing locals, trespassing, stealing from the local sports clubs & shops, stopping locals from using places that they pay tax for, leaving rubbish and human waste everywhere. The council even provided free bins & toilets last time, which they didn't use. There should be harsher penalties for it.

I wonder if they get fined for having their kids out of school?
They don't get fined for missing school, they're allowed travellers absence leave.
Old 18 Aug 17, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Infinity Red View Post
They don't get fined for missing school, they're allowed travellers absence leave.
Hmm perhaps that's worth a try then people!

Genuine question - why are these people allowed to live outside the law?
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Where I live these travellers have monopolised the laying of driveways.
The job they do looks fine when it's finished but I know they aren't compacting the infill properly so it will end up sagging with the cars weight.

However. My mate was laying my new driveway about 3 years ago when these scumbags turned up and physically threatened him. They told him to clear off and that they controlled the trade locally and if he didn't leave his van would be smashed up and he would be beaten up.

Big mistake! He had his petrol disc cutter ready and they soon disappeared when he revved it up and turned the tables on them

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Linda. The trouble is we make comment about these people and get labelled as racist or something else similar.

I like driving past their 'site' on the M4 by Swindon at 3.00am and blasting my horn. Does nothing but makes me feel good.
Don't think you would be waking them up. They would be up and out ... sizing up your house !
We have loads of travellers near us at the minute. Lining up on the fields beside the access road to the cemetery. So that is the site poor families have to see as they are driving in to bury their loved ones. It happens regular and the mess they leave is disgraceful.
I know people defend them but crime definitely goes up when the travellers are in town.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
mooray27
Excited about Disney

I think it's tragic that the children of travelllers are deprived of an education. So many of them are illiterate. That immediately ruins their life chances and leads to a circle of deprivation.
mooray27 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Where I live these travellers have monopolised the laying of driveways.
The job they do looks fine when it's finished but I know they aren't compacting the infill properly so it will end up sagging with the cars weight.

However. My mate was laying my new driveway about 3 years ago when these scumbags turned up and physically threatened him. They told him to clear off and that they controlled the trade locally and if he didn't leave his van would be smashed up and he would be beaten up.

Big mistake! He had his petrol disc cutter ready and they soon disappeared when he revved it up and turned the tables on them
Travellers are doing block paving driveways near me and any other work they can stitch people up for. They have new sign written vans that supposedly make them look genuine, and the quality of the so called workmanship is appalling. Unfortunately god help anyone who refuses to pay them.

I can't watch the gypsy wedding type documentaries on TV about them as it annoys me hearing them say how they are misunderstood and they are religious and people are racist to them.

A fair few years back a neighbour rented their house to the council and it was let to gypsies, and it was hell for a good year or so until they got them out.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
LostGirl
Imagineer

LostGirl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Lordy if they have been in Chelmsford they are probably making their way back to Brentwood!

They rock up at the park near where I keep my horses and create chaos. People can't use the car park, they are abusive and towed a car on to our stable yard and set light to it. The police did not want to know when the trespassed on to our land on foot eyeing up the horses and shouting abuse at the kids.

They make me sick.

LostGirl

LostGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We also have them nearby. Halting site built for them. They wrecked the houses built and ended up putting horses in the houses and lived in caravans.

Cant believe they are allowed camp up for 3 weeks in some areas. Here in my locality they are moved on after a day.

Dont make me laugh about being religious. While praying at mass they will rob with the other hand.

Graves are totally OTT. I feel sorry for anyone who have loved ones buried in neighbouring graves
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Gemsie0812
Very Serious Dibber

Gemsie0812's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We just had some turn up local to where I live. Lucky enough they only lasted 3 days but the litter and the crap (literally) they left behind is disgusting. Every day law abiding citizens would not get away with it - so why should they?
WC 2013,2020
Gemsie0812 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

We live next to an open field and for the last few years the travellers would set up every few weeks and were a nightmare, 10 year olds racing cars and bikes around the field etc (apparently nothing the police can do about that!) and the rubbish they left was awful. The council have finally got an injunction (or whatever it's called) put on the land and now can evict them as soon as they step foot on there so thankfully now they don't bother as they can't stay their usual 2 weeks.

Edited at 09:49 AM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List