Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Aug 17, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
Perhaps they could feed their children by doing an honest day's work. And while they're at it, pay their taxes and contribute to their living environment etc by paying council tax. It's not so hard, we all do it.
Why do that when they can swindle and rob what they need?!😡 Years ago two of them robbed my elderly aunt and uncle in their own home. Later that day my aunt had a severe stroke caused by the upset and died. My uncle died from a broken heart a few months later. Police knew it was travellers but by the time they went to the 'site' they had upped and gone. No morals whatsoever. Have no time for any of them.😡
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Agree, they do NOT need sympathy!

Travellers make my hubby's working day a misery!
The place he works is on a leafy modern industrial estate surrounded by greenery and groups of travellers regularly appear overnight parked on the green areas and on the roads in between works units, with dogs roaming and snarling, kids running about throwing stones , and abuse thrown at workers coming to work - and an empty unit stripped of all roofing and interior metalwork!

Unfortunately, it is my hubby's job to deal with it, liaising with other businesses on the industrial site to constantly deal with police and council. The travellers have MOVED huge concrete blocks in the past, they are unstoppable, breaking down bollards in similar local areas, although they do get moved off quickly now, only to return. It takes up a lot of my hubby's valuable work time!

Once we were in a Harvesters restaurant waiting for table with other customers on a Sunday afternoon, in comes a huge group of travellers who took over any spare seats in the bar and where guests had left when they arrived and proceeded to sit and strip the entire buffet.

No-one did a thing or said a thing. Apparently it was easier to allow them to come in and empty the buffet than have them cause riots
your harvester story reminded me that this year on Easter Sunday my lot went to Thorpe park . It was full of travellers , they were awful and queuing and ride safety was obviously not something that they had to comply with ! My son spoke to workers who said they go every Easter Sunday and nothing really gets said or done about their behaviour , it was again easier to let them get away with it.
Old 18 Aug 17, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Here in the 'Garden of England' we have them constantly from spring through Summer moving from place to place. The local Pre-school had to close for 2 weeks because they pitched up next to them and it took that long to get them moved legally. When they did go the council went in to fumigate and pick up human poo! ANIMALS! Bloody ANIMALS! :angry:

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

I suspect those who feel sorry for them and criticise those who complain about "them" would soon change their tune if it was their doorstep they camped on, house robbed etc.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
Exactly. And to use a really crude example, if I were to drop my pants in the kiddies playground and do a pooh, I'd be in Chelmsford prison 5 minutes later. SORRY to be so crude but that particular 'activity' of these travellers has really shocked me.

Totaly agree with your comment but no one would be in the close by the prison using a drone to fly in my mobile phone or drugs etc for sale inside

Edited at 10:30 PM.
JAF is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I won't offer my thoughts but let's just say I have to deal with them most days:angry: oh the stories I could tell

Yes they live like pigs but what always amazes me is the cleanliness of the inside of the vans! They are as clean as an operating theatre, they even keep the plastic on the seats and beds to keep them like new! They are the pride and joy, quickest way to move them (I hear) is a few ball bearings into the side of one of the vans, they will move quicker than lighting!

Never back down to a traveler, they sucseed on reputation, don't back down, stand your ground and they will move on very quickly.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
redfox5
slightly serious Dibber

redfox5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SimonB View Post
Looking at your location I know the exact Facebook group you refer to. For some reason the topic is totally banned on there.

The last lot to descend on Yorktown Road came in huge numbers didn't they? Luckily they didn't stay long.
Hello fellow Sandhurster!

I was more referring to the ones that have been in Farnham recently, they have a very simular local group to our one lol

But they were in M&S car park for ages not so long ago, like they are every year and nothing happens to them.
Old 19 Aug 17, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
macjaddie
Getting Excited

They were parked up on my kids high school. We do have a site locally they can go to, a lot of the settled ones go to my kids old primary school, they seem ok kids. I don't think some of them go to the site because they've fallen out with ones who live there. It was annoying because kids clubs had to be cancelled, I suppose there was a clean up bill for the school too.

There are also a different type of traveller around here, guys who use horse drawn wagons and sell wood carvings. They don't leave a thing behind after them and only stop in one place for a while.

Edited at 12:43 AM.
macjaddie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 01:05 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I like driving past their 'site' on the M4 by Swindon at 3.00am and blasting my horn. Does nothing but makes me feel good.
Fantastic!

But only a fraction of the burdon these travellers put on our tax bills!

It does my head in, they move in take over and use all local services and then complain. Sorry wrong country for pleading for that type of freedom of roaming now horse off on your ponys please in your new caravans and 66plate transits. Oh and take your rubbish with you, we have no use for used crap.

Edited at 01:07 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LostGirl View Post
Lordy if they have been in Chelmsford they are probably making their way back to Brentwood!

I'd buy a lottery ticket, if I was you as they turned up yesterday!

essexlive.news/travellers...ail/story.html
Leyfy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List