Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Aug 17, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
maudyhill
VIP Dibber

maudyhill's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
hi
i'm sorry to hear of your ailments... and of course has to happen just before you go on hols... typical eyh!
like others have said ring your insurance company up to disclose it. As long as they will cover you for your trip you will be fine.

Mandy xx
Best Western ID 1994, DLP Santa Fe 2004, Quailty inn plaza ID 2008
Emerald Island Kissimmee 2011 , San Francisco / yosemite 2012
Emerald island Kissimmee 2013, Esprit estate Davenport 2015, new york 2016, Emerald Island Kissimmee 2017, San fran, LA & Vegas 2018, Newyork 7/2019, Emerald Island 10/2019, HighGrove 03/2022, Thousand Oaks 11/2022
maudyhill is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

My dh has kidney stones and his bil does too .
Dh told his insurance and it didn't go up at all.
He hasn't had a flair up but bil did a couple of days ago but just drank loads and was ok in a couple of hours. Fresh lemon juice squeezed into a bit of water also helps dissolve the stones so if you have an attack pick some lemons /juice up at Walmart
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

I have had 2 hospital admissions in 1 yr plus a GP call out. Kidney stones are horrid
I was given Tamulosin tablets usually used for prostate problems but also for kidney stones .I did get a funny look at the pharmacy as I am a pink dibber . They did the trick after 3 days of persistent pain.
I would be asking for pain relief etc to take with you as rolling about on a plane vomiting & screaming in pain is not a good look. Neither is a plane diverting.
Drink plenty in the heat, pee loads. Reduce the risk of another attack.
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
BoxOfFrogs
VIP Dibber

BoxOfFrogs's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I've suffered for years, my painful episodes always start early mornings, they wake me up, after hitting A&E many times in too much pain to sit still, I once had to get out of the car and walk the rest of the way to the hospital, it was dreadful but after arriving and laying in the bed I got better, so the next time I woke in pain, I got up, drank a pint of water, took two paracetamol and went for a 3 mile very painful walk/march, got back home and climbed into bed, when I woke the pain had gone, I've done this several times since and each time it worked, according to the stones clinic I have them on both sides growing still but I assume I pee them out, I'm not saying this will work but maybe worth a try? Best of luck

Edited at 07:49 PM.
BoxOfFrogs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisnasah
Trainee Dibber

Thanks all so from sounds of it I might not get rid of the stones before I travel but it's how I best manage whilst I am out there.

Been drinking loads so hoping it's does the magic.
chrisnasah is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Neil-LUFC
Excited about Disney

You have my sympathy, Pain is unbearable.
3.5mm stone you may be able to pass.
I had 9mm stone which was taken out on Tuesday, I had the stent removed today. I have been off work the last month so looking forward to getting my life back.

Just make sure you drink plenty of fluids to hopefully flush the stone and any infection out. Also Cranberry Juice is good as it helps get rid of any bacteria or infection in the Ureter.

Fingers crossed your feeling better next Friday
Neil-LUFC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

It depends where they are and if they move whether or not you are going to have pain again. I've had them 16 years. In that time I've had three hospital admissions and I'd say five other episodes I've managed. I was getting scanned twice a year every year until 5 years ago when I was told I had two left and they'd have to travel uphill to reach a tube to pass through which was unlikely. So I stopped getting scanned (seemed pointless) and touch wood haven't had any pain for about 6 years. They might be able to 'zap' them and make them smaller. Which makes them easier to pass. That's the bit that hurts as they have to get through something like a pin head space.
Old 18 Aug 17, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
jo williams
Very Serious Dibber

If the pain doesn't go please go back to hospital, they may travel down and get stuck which is what happened to me. In my case it involved surgery and a stent so I could pass urine, plus a kidney infection. Don't leave the pain too long, you poor thing, like others have said drink loads of water, and carry on doing so once they have passed or removed. Good luck I will never forget the pain.
jo williams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh! The joy of kidney stones. Have had them now for 15 years. Had lithotrypsy (twice) to remove one ( that's where they smack you with sonic waves). If you can drink plenty of acidic items - lemon, cranberry etc it helps. Occasionally a piece will be too large for your tubes and bladder and that can be crippling. I have pessaries I can take that really ease the pain - imagine shoving a marble down a hosepipe - that's the wonderous feeling that kidney stones can give you.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Ouch. I've not had them but a friend has and likened it to labour! That I do know about!
Definitely tell your insurance company. Keep drinking water and avoid strawberries and tomatoes apparently
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List