Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 28 Oct 10, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Thanks for posting the Wishes dessert party info, looks yummy!

Originally Posted by storm View Post
just thought I would let you know that I had a lovely dinner at BJ Brew-house at the loop & also lunch at Smokey Bones,
They both have a specific gluten free menu just ask.
Beware however smokey Bones would have fed a family of 4
Sounds fantastic
Clare is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 10, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Has anybody had gluten free pancakes anywhere for breakfast other than onsite character dining, whilst in Anaheim this year I found a fantastic little place called the original pancake house and wow they were fab..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 10, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post

I emailed Universal for info around GF (and whether Butterbeer at IOA was OK) and the explained the following:

Thank you for contacting Universal Orlando® Guest Services.

We offer a variety of fresh, delicious food for our guests to enjoy. For the convenience of our guests with gluten allergies, the Three Broomsticks™ offers a variety of gluten-free lunch options, including: salads (without croutons), the chicken platter (without Irish soda bread), the rib platter (without Irish soda bread), turkey legs with roasted potatoes, and the chicken legs on the children’s menu.

I am delighted to inform you that Butterbeer™ and Pumpkin Juice™ are gluten-free. At this time, all of the desserts sold at Honeydukes™ are flour-based. The packaged candies sold at Honeydukes™ have nutritional labels, including the ingredients, as these products are made outside of our resort. I also recommend that you speak with a Foods Services Manager at each location to help you select the appropriate items.

We are also pleased to provide a variety of gluten-free quick-service options throughout our resort. The International Food & Film Festival in Universal Studios Florida® offers the following gluten-free items: roasted chicken, hamburgers (without the bun), salads, french fries, corn on the cob, and steamed vegetables (upon request). Thunder Falls Terrace in Islands of Adventure® offers the following gluten-free items: roasted chicken; smoked chicken; smoked ribs; smoked turkey legs; roasted potatoes with onions, fresh herbs, salt, and pepper; roasted corn; baked potatoes; french fries cooked in canola oil; and salads.

In addition, food carts throughout the parks serve apples, oranges, grapes, and watermelon slices. The lemon slush drinks and turkey legs available throughout the parks are also gluten-free. The managers at any of our quick-service restaurants can assist with specific menu questions to help you select appropriate items during your visit
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 10, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
LDISNEYFOX
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Charlton famil View Post
I emailed Universal for info around GF (and whether Butterbeer at IOA was OK) and the explained the following:

Thank you for contacting Universal Orlando® Guest Services.

We offer a variety of fresh, delicious food for our guests to enjoy. For the convenience of our guests with gluten allergies, the Three Broomsticks™ offers a variety of gluten-free lunch options, including: salads (without croutons), the chicken platter (without Irish soda bread), the rib platter (without Irish soda bread), turkey legs with roasted potatoes, and the chicken legs on the children’s menu.

I am delighted to inform you that Butterbeer™ and Pumpkin Juice™ are gluten-free. At this time, all of the desserts sold at Honeydukes™ are flour-based. The packaged candies sold at Honeydukes™ have nutritional labels, including the ingredients, as these products are made outside of our resort. I also recommend that you speak with a Foods Services Manager at each location to help you select the appropriate items.

We are also pleased to provide a variety of gluten-free quick-service options throughout our resort. The International Food & Film Festival in Universal Studios Florida® offers the following gluten-free items: roasted chicken, hamburgers (without the bun), salads, french fries, corn on the cob, and steamed vegetables (upon request). Thunder Falls Terrace in Islands of Adventure® offers the following gluten-free items: roasted chicken; smoked chicken; smoked ribs; smoked turkey legs; roasted potatoes with onions, fresh herbs, salt, and pepper; roasted corn; baked potatoes; french fries cooked in canola oil; and salads.

In addition, food carts throughout the parks serve apples, oranges, grapes, and watermelon slices. The lemon slush drinks and turkey legs available throughout the parks are also gluten-free. The managers at any of our quick-service restaurants can assist with specific menu questions to help you select appropriate items during your visit
Thank you for that information. Disney have always been wonderful accommodating my DS GF diet. Universal not so good, so it is refreshing to see that they have sent such detailed information.

Thanks for posting that. I have noted it all down for our use when we visit.

2012 WDW Mom's Panel Search Finalist
Sheraton Safari Jan 05 & Feb 08
Disney Port Orleans Nov 06, Jan 10, May 11, June 12, Oct 13, July 15, Aug 15, Nov 15, Feb 16, Aug 16 and Dec 17
LDISNEYFOX is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 11, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

Hello. I thought I would update you with some thoughts from my recent trip to Florida Gluten Free.

We visited Chamberlins food store to stock up on some snacks and goodies, it isn't cheap but we found gluten free cereals, bread, biscuit treats etc and it was definitely worth the drive. We also found quite a few Gluten free foods in Publix. This was a relief but I had also packed some 'sealed' food from the uk.

We ate at the Outback Steakhouse, they were very friendly and provided the GF menu. I had Alice Springs chicken and a jacket potato followed by a delicious chocolate desert which was flourless and GF. A lovely meal and I really felt relaxed.

Ohanas - I have eaten here twice since having a special diet. The first was probably the best but I have had good experiences on both occassions. I have had dinners with rice noodles, tofu, vegetables, gluten free rolls which were lovely. The first time I had an ice cream sundae with pineapple and this time I had the flourless chocolate pudding which was very very rich!

T-Rex, the chef came to the table and helped me choose a chicken salad which was lovely but massive. This was a good meal and I was also made to feel at ease and not at all a nuisance.

Logans Roadhouse - I used the allergy book to choose plain grilled chicken and a sweet potato. Nice simple meal, nothing amazing but it is one of my families favourite restaurants so I was pleased to find something safe to eat.

Longhorn Steakhouse - had a gluten free menu but I struggled here, waitress was not that knowledgeable and because I dont like steak I found it hard to choose something. Eventually had plain chicken and another potato! Meat eaters would probably be fine but I will only eat chicken!

Thanksgiving meal at Villa de Flora. I had called ahead to check that I would find something suitable because this was a special dinner buffet and I had a very helpful reply which had a menu attached highlighting suitable foods. On arrival to the restaurant, a chef came and gave me a walk through of the buffet. The buffet was amazing, although they had run out of Turkey!, and there was a large choice for me. They even offered to cook me corn pasta with a GF sauce but there was more than enough food. This was a lovely end to our holiday and our first Thanksgiving so very memorable. On return to the uk, I even had a follow up email to check whether I had been ok and found something to eat - very good service. I would definitely eat at the Gaylord Palms again.

Overall, I found eating out in Orlando fairly hassle free I was quite apprehensive at first but I wouldn't hesitate to return.
Florida Gator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 11, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Hiya,

Quick question. I've made all my ADR's now (although I have misplaced the one for the HBD fantasmic package must call up for that :S) I noted on all the reservations that I had special dietary requirements, but none of the 'standard' tick boxes fit me, as I am meat intolerant, didn't want to list myself vegetarian because I can eat (and love) seafood.

Would I be best just to email the special diets email address with all my ADR's and times etc and advise them of my issue and go from there? Most concerned about the Luau really with it being a set menu as there will be something for me at all of the other venues, although I do need to check on sauces and such...

TIA!

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 11, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by smedley View Post
Hiya,

Quick question. I've made all my ADR's now (although I have misplaced the one for the HBD fantasmic package must call up for that :S) I noted on all the reservations that I had special dietary requirements, but none of the 'standard' tick boxes fit me, as I am meat intolerant, didn't want to list myself vegetarian because I can eat (and love) seafood.

Would I be best just to email the special diets email address with all my ADR's and times etc and advise them of my issue and go from there? Most concerned about the Luau really with it being a set menu as there will be something for me at all of the other venues, although I do need to check on sauces and such...

TIA!
Best bet is to email special diets they're really helpful, just briefly explain the issue, give them your ADR details and they'll do the rest for you - might take a couple of days to come back to you but they will.
Clare is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 11, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Excellent, thanks Clare Got plenty of time as we're not going till September, just figured should let them know in advance. Always got to be one bog awkward one, it's usually me :P

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 11, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-pink
Imagineer

princess-pink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
i love anything with cinamon and love my trips to Florida for the cinamon bagels. Problem is i have been recently diagnosed as Coeliac so does anyone know of anything that can cure my craving lol. & if anyone has an answer where can i get it too.
Thanks
Old 8 May 11, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by princess-pink View Post
i love anything with cinamon and love my trips to Florida for the cinamon bagels. Problem is i have been recently diagnosed as Coeliac so does anyone know of anything that can cure my craving lol. & if anyone has an answer where can i get it too.
Thanks
I think your best bet, certainly from a Disney onsite perspective, is to email special diets and ask them - TBH I'm not a lover of cinamon so can't help.

Tags
dining, gluten free, special diets