Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 2 Jun 12, 06:38 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I finally tried a Funnel Cake from Sleepy Hollow. I'd been dying to try one. I'm sad to say I didn't like it. Quite bland, all I could taste was deep fried cooking oil.

It was really hot so we grabbed a seat in Aloha Isle and me and Kelly joined the long line to use some snack credits that were still massed up. Me and Kelly got Orange Dole Whips, we got Pineapple for Marian and Den and a vanilla one for the girls to share. They were lovely.

Rainforest Cafe DTD.

We were very early for our ADR but I thought we'd check if we could get in early. Others in front of me were being told an hour and a half wait! I gave my name and said we were early but they said that was fine and we walked straight in. I had made this AdR on the Disney reservations phone line. For T Rex, which is the same company, I rang them directly.

Our seat seemed to be in English section. The table behind and next to us were all English people. "More Limeys, stick em over there."

Again great theming in here although it did look a little more dated than the newer T-Rex. Our server took our drink orders which was hard work as she wasn't the sharpest tool in the box. I think the people bringing out the food for her tables were having trouble as they were brining food to the wrong tables. Usual drinks but I went for a Mr Pip which was like Dr Pepper. The girls got novelty cups which cost$8.95. Of course they didn't like the drink! It looked radioactive. Kelly was brought her sprite in a kids cup!

The four adults all went for appetisers that we paid OOP for. I had buffalo wings (again!)

Kelly had the Onion Rings Stack.

Marian had the Pita Quesadillas and Den went for the Cheese Sticks. We all really enjoyed them, massive portions. Our server then placed some ketchup and mustard on the table. 5 minutes later she did the same again. She stared blankly at the ones she had already put on our table shrugged her shoulders and then walked off. I could see the lady on the table ahead looking for ketchup. Like I said the server was a bit of a moron.

For our mains I had the Beastly Burger which was MASSIVE. I added bacon and upgraded to fries (why you should have to 'upgrade' to fries puzzles me.) It was so big I left loads. I've been so disappointed with my eating performances. I had dreams of being talent spotted for Man V Food but I'm no Adam Richman. Must be the heat. it was nice but I made a mistake in getting the burger medium rare like I do with steak. It was a little soft.

Kelly had Planet Earth Pasta which she enjoyed.

Marian had the shrimp, steak and ribs trio.

Den went for chicken fried chicken.

Evie Mae had Rainforest Rascal Burgers which she hardly touched. Lily Belle had Jurassic Chicken Tidbits. It was all very nice but there was A LOT left over as the portions were huge.

We toyed with the idea of The Volcano for desert but thought it would be a waste as we would never eat it. We were told it would need three of the adults desert entitlements to cover it. Instead Marian and Den shared the Tribal Cheesecake which they said was lovely. Me and Kelly both had Chocolate Diablo cake which was lovely but huge. One of my favourite deserts.

The girls shared a chocolate pudding with gummy worms. Our server put candles in it and a number of the servers sang them happy birthday which was nice.

It was a very nice meal but a big meal! We used 4 adult t/s credits and 1 child's. It would have cost a good $ 250+ dollars. We still had a hefty bill of $115 to pay for appetisers, novelty drinks, tax and tip. We all enjoyed it though. We called it Lily Belle's party. (she and Evie Mae have a joint part soon after we are back.)

Looking back back I would probably say I prefered RFC to TRex. It was slightly more relaxed and not so in your face.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 873.jpg
Views:	2773
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	41000   Click image for larger version

Name:	disney 2012 kelly 3 441.jpg
Views:	2792
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	41001   Click image for larger version

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 947.jpg
Views:	2788
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	41002   Click image for larger version

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 948.jpg
Views:	2760
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	41003   Click image for larger version

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 949.jpg
Views:	3112
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	41004  

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 951.jpg
Views:	2839
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	41005   Click image for larger version

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 952.jpg
Views:	2939
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	41006   Click image for larger version

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 960.jpg
Views:	3230
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	41007  
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 12, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
happy bunny
Imagineer

happy bunny's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Great start

I'm really enjoying your frank reviews, and whilst I-Hop is our choice of 'cheap' breakfast or late dining venue, I have learnt that they vary wildly from restaurant to restaurant
Old 2 Jun 12, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by happy bunny View Post
Great start

I'm really enjoying your frank reviews, and whilst I-Hop is our choice of 'cheap' breakfast or late dining venue, I have learnt that they vary wildly from restaurant to restaurant
It was the one opposite Wet N Wild. I had really wanted to try here as an alternative to other breakfast places like Ponderosa. The food was ok it was more the actual place wasn't great. It really needs a lick of paint. As for the service, to be fair it was a Saturday so it was busy but it was pretty chaotic.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 12, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post

i am soooooo hungry now
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 12, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessRebex
VIP Dibber

Loving this report! I have ADR's booked for Ohana's, CRT and T Rex so it's good to see a positive review!
PrincessRebex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 12, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
loll1511
Imagineer

loll1511's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Loving the pictures. I love Five Guys - cant wait to have one in August
Old 2 Jun 12, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
ncmurray
Imagineer

Terrific read. Keep 'em coming
Old 3 Jun 12, 06:43 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Lottawatta lodge.

It was just me and Evie Mae having lunch at Lottawatta Lodge. We used a c/s each. I got the stacked sandwich, fries, coke and cookie. It was ok but the bread was very crumbly. Evie Mae got the kids cheese pizza, fries, cookie and water. Because we had to wait 2 minutes for the pizza to be ready they gave us an adult one to say sorry! I didn't even notice we had been waiting. If only the buses were like that!

1900 Park Fare.

After we checked in we were shown straight in no wait at all. We had a family picture before we were shown to our table. Our server told us we would have around 30 minutes before Prince Charming, Cinderella, Lady Tremaine and The Fairy Godmother would come round.

We went up to the buffet. The selection was excellent.

We had done Disney buffet breakfasts but not other meals. There was all kinds of things. Carved meat, sushi, pasta, rice, salad. A really wide variety. My favourite was the beef. We all ate plenty.

When Lily Belle saw Lady Tremaine approaching she burst into tears! She was terrified of her. We had to ask our server if Lady Tremaine could skip our table! Lady Tremaine was very good about it. She called over from a distance when she was approaching to warn us and snuck behind our table. She told us to find her if Lily Belle changed her mind and she also quickly signed the girls autograph books while Lily Belle was distracted. I bet she gets that a lot!

We were given the photos we had taken at the beginning. Again no charge because I was on Photopass+.

Prince Charming came round and posed for photos and signed the autograph books. Now I'm no male model but if this fella was chosen to be Price Charming then the world has gone mad. He looked like Paul Pfeiffer from The Wonder Years without the glasses.

Cinderella and The Fairy Godmother came round next. We then moved on to deserts. Again a nice selection. Evie Mae's eyes were bigger than her stomach. Just like her dad.

We used 4adult t/s credits and 1child t/s credit. We didn't pay for Lily Belle. The total would have been with tax and tip $201.63.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 1020.jpg
Views:	2694
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	41016   Click image for larger version

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 1021.jpg
Views:	2730
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	41017   Click image for larger version

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 990.jpg
Views:	2644
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	41018   Click image for larger version

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 991.jpg
Views:	2669
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	41019   Click image for larger version

Name:	disney 2012 kelly 2 580.jpg
Views:	2667
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	41020  

Edited at 10:52 PM.
Old 3 Jun 12, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Cosmic Rays.

While at the Magic Kingdom we grabbed lunch at Cosmic Rays. We used 6 c/s credits on 3cheese bacon burgers, 2 kids nuggets and an adult hot dog. All came with fries, drink and the standard counter service desert that never gets eaten. It was ok, the fixings bar was a nice touch.

Churro and popcorn snack credits.

Boulangerie Patisserie Epcot

We 6 snack credits. They were lovely but by now the sun had come up so it was hard work eating cakes in the heat. I'm just not the eater I had thought I was.
The eclair had chocolate cream in it which was lovely.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 1070.jpg
Views:	2649
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	41022  
Old 3 Jun 12, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
T-Rex Cafe( second visit)

T-Rex was again heaving. As we were so early they couldn't except us so we put our names down to get in and told it would be 30 minutes. It's complete mayhem in this place! I can really see why some people would hate it but others love it. It's so busy inside when it's raining and everyone is getting in the way of each other. The girls got a few bits and pieces while we're waiting including a few clothes for the dinosaurs they built here last week. Around 30 minutes later we got our name called.

I think it's a little unfair to judge this meal properly. We had a great seat inside a dinosaur but our server was terrible. Worst of the holiday, non existent. I think we were all tired as well, over fed from 2 weeks in the US so it doesn't rate very highly on the list of the meals we had. We shared some TRexquesadillas , Onion rings to start.

I had The Boneyard Buffet, I barely made a dent in it. The ribs I had at Planet Hollywood have up me off ribs for life so that didn't help. Ribs were one of my favourite things! I'll give them a break and go back to them soon.

Kelly had the pulled pork.

Marian the Woolley Mammoth Chicken and Den had fish and chips. The girls had nuggets. There was loads left. We couldn't manage it tonight which was a shame. We all skipped deserts as well.

After waiting forever by myself at the table for the server, (the others had left to wait outside)I paid the bill. We used our remaining 5 TS credits. We paid OOP for Lily Belle. With appetisers, tax and tip we owed them $65. To be honest we had run out of steam and went for this meal just because we had a credit left to use. If we had to pay then there's no chance we would have gone.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 1149.jpg
Views:	2711
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	41023   Click image for larger version

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 1153.jpg
Views:	2623
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	41024   Click image for larger version

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 1152.jpg
Views:	2635
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	41025  

Edited at 07:30 AM.