Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 20 Jun 13, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
langside
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 54
Post 10: Food & wine festival south africa booth in epcot

We'd been chatting to some Americans at the eat to the beat concert and they asked us had we done the filet of beef in South Africa

When we said no they told us to get our 'butts' over there

Both of us got the filet of beef on sweet potato mash with braai sauce and a sample of Fairview Pinotage wine.

They worked beautifully together and the Americans weren't wrong the filet was superb - like butter and the mash went really well with it!

We also managed to find a lovely spot looking across the lake to enjoy them- well us and about 20 other people all with the same order

We were both tempted to get another each but agreed that we'd get it again when we returned to Epcot over the next few days (we didn't though so I wish I'd just been a greedy goblin and got another at the time )

Its a must do at the Food and Wine
langside is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 13, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
langside
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Hannikins View Post
I'm on my lunch hour writing day 5 of my trippie, you're right it's hard when you're not returning :*(
Yey! I'm an inpatient ###### so take a longer lunch to get day 5 & 6 up
If there's a will there's a way to return to the mouse
langside is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 13, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
hehe I'm on it, this weekend is supposed to be awful weather wise so I'll be stuck in anyway!

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 13, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobsledwheels
Imagineer

Bobsledwheels's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Hey hey! I too am posting from lunch hour! Loving the reports, it's great to see some good quick service reviews, especially of Epcot - they seem to have some great choice!

Keep em coming! Xx

USA: Jan 07 10n off-site // Jan 12 5n NYC, 11n I-Drive //
Oct 14 3 wks - Honeymoon! YC // Oct 16 Orlando 14n OKW // May 17 2n Cali adv & DL // Dec 18 10n AKL

PARIS: Sept 12 3n at SL // Nov 13 4n SL // Nov 15 4n SL (cut short) // Nov 16 4n NPB
TOKYO // HONG KONG: April 16 4 Days TKDL & TKDS // May 16 1 Day HKDL
CRUISES: Oct 14 4n Bahamian // June 15 7n Norwegian inaugural // Sept 15 11n WBTA // May 17 5n West coast // May 17 7n Alaskan // Dec 18 4n Bahamian
Bobsledwheels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 13, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
langside
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Post 11: Pinocchio village haus in mk

We had just done the epic 'Its a small world' -I love yet I hate that ride and realised that the heavens had just opened

Our fast pass for Pooh wasn't for another 30min so we thought we'd grab some food in Pinocchio village Haus right next to Its a small world

To be fair the menu didn't inspire me as its fairly standard QS but the place was very clean and had lots of indoor seating.

I went for the chicken nuggets and Y got the peperoni flat bread. The latter was the better choice and was really big although there was nothing wrong with the nuggets i just thought the flat breat pizza looked better

We both got the chocolate cake which we took out with us as they came in plastic containers and we enjoyed them outside later on it the day when the sun came out.

In the end it was a perfectly fine place to go but pretty standard however... sitting by the window over looking the loading bay for the boats of Its a Small world is hilarious. You see so many different reactions - the people who know the ride and love it, the ones who have somehow been convinced or bribed to go back on and thinking 'nothing is worth this and the ones with no clue
Its great entertainment
Old 20 Jun 13, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
hooray for a food report, really liking all the updates, please keep them coming!
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 13, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
langside
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
POST 12: Crystal Palace lunch out of pocket in MK

Now this choice is a sentimental choice for me. Its the place I most remember from when I was a kid so I love going back here plus its got Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore so whats not to love!

Its a buffet style here but we were impressed that the chef came out regarding Y's allergy (which is easily avoided so we were surprised he took the effort to show her the two things she couldn't have)

The selection was great - salads, carved meats, pastas, potato dishes, veg, asian dishes, American faves etc

Our faves included the kids mac and cheese, the veg bake and the beef

in the end we went up a few times and got clean plates each time although we noticed alot went up with the same so I'm not sure if this is the norm

We got a selection of deserts to try & share (sorry for the mid demolished pic they were too good to resist )

Our waiter was great at telling us to hold on as characters were due or to go ahead and get some more food & he kept our refills coming without asking so he got a good tip

The only negative here is that I always find that despite having ADRs you still end up waiting beyond your time- maybe its just us & were unlucky but it always seems to happen to us although the seating under the canopy always provides a good spot to get lovely pics of the castle

But I'll keep coming here it may not be the cheapest but the character interaction is great, the food quality and variety fab and the location ideal
Old 20 Jun 13, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
irishgal
Excited about Disney

Absolutely loving your food report Langside, can't wait for more!
irishgal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 13, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
langside
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Post 13: Food and wine festival at epcot- cheese stall

Well it had to be done!

We ordered a trio of cheese which was basically cheddar, blue and Bree and used our snack credits for it as it was a more expensive choice than at some of the other booths.

It was nice but far too small for a cheese addict like me #

the blue and bree were better than the cheddar (cathedral city was better than the one here but that still didn't stop me demolishing it )

The booth was also opposite the Germany stand which had a real party atmosphere (I wonder why ) and we picked up a 1/4 glass of sweet German wine to go with it (sorry no pic)
Old 22 Jun 13, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
ooo that cheese looks YUM!

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List