Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 31 Oct 14, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post

First of many food reports!

After so many Orlando trips, decided to finally attempt to take a break from eating to take some pictures of my food first! Almost remembered at every restaurant, impressed myself!

Over the years have gained some personal favourites that get a couple of visits on each trip as the pictures show!

Intro: Couple in our 20's staying at Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando, flew from Edinburgh - Gatwick - Orlando. Can't remember exactly how many times I've been myself now, was second visit for my OH. Got her hooked after one visit!

The report will be split between Travel days, Breakfast, Lunches, Dinners and Snacks.

Hope you all enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed eating it!

Travel Day

Didn't get any pictures of breakfast on the BA flight from EDB - LGW, breakfast on the flight was a full cooked breakfast. Omelette, beans, bacon, potato roasties and sausage. Just the right size of portion for that time in the morning.

Armadillo's

At Gatwick we had a few hours to kill so took a wander round and decided on Armadillo's for a munch. Was quiet when we arrived so got a table and food was out within ten minutes.

A good light brunch with nachos each, decent sized portion. OH had the lynchburg lemonade, probably the strongest I've ever tried and it was only 11a.m. I stuck with a Corona which hit the spot just right to get me in the holiday mood.

Nachos - £6.95
Lynchburg Lemonade - £7.15
Corona - £4.45

Total - £25.50

BA flight to Orlando

We flew world traveller for the flight, were given three choices for meals whilst on the flight. Chicken tikka masala, Sausage n' Mash and Penne Pasta. OH went for the Sausage n' Mash, and I went for the Chicken Tikka. Both of us enjoyed the meals, surprising since we usually hate plane food.

When we were a couple of hours from landing the crew came through with a snack, was Chicken Caesar sandwich and a kitkat with a glass of Orange juice. Another pleasant suprise compared to the usual cheese savoury sandwich on flights.

Cici's Pizza

Once we'd checked in to the hotel etc after delays at immigration/car hire, it was safe to say how hungry we were. Only thing for us to do was get a voucher and head to our first night tradition of Cici's buffet. You are able to find the vouchers pretty much anywhere now, buy two large drinks and an adult buffet to receive one free.

Sadly we were too hungry to remember to take pictures of their long selection of pizza and salad. Very cheap and cheerful dinner, but definitely worth a visit.

Adult Buffet - $6.99
Large Drink - $2.49
Large Drink - $2.49

Total - $12.75 + $3 tip
- $15.75

Breakfast

Over the two weeks we didn't have many days when we went out for breakfast as don't like eating before going to the parks. Visited a couple of different buffet breakfasts and had some snacks in the room.

Ponderosa

Visited Ponderosa for breakfast twice on the holiday, no frills but you get exactly what you pay for. Can also find just about anything you'd be wanting for breakfast, even have an omelette bar. In most the coupon books you see in Orlando you can find a 10% off breakfast voucher.

OH loves the fluffy scrambled eggs from here, always a highlight for her.

Almost feels strange being able to get chicken nuggets at breakfast, never going to complain.

Soft Drink - $1.49
Large Bottled Water - $2.29
Breakfast - $6.99

Total - $17.96

Twinkies

A purchase every holiday needs, box of twinkies for those days when you just want something small. Halloween special with the orange s'cream' filling which was nice.

Total - $2.98

Plaza Garden

Went along for breakfast at the hotel restaurant one morning, standard breakfast buffet. Good selection to choose from, another stocked breakfast bar. Even includes a make your own Mickey Mouse waffle iron.

Adult Buffet - $7.95
Total - $19.30

Golden Corral

Yet another breakfast buffet, except as anyone who's been before knows Golden Corral take it to a new level and offer almost anything to eat. We arrived around about half ten and within fifteen minutes the staff were beginning to put out lunch food also, massive selection.

Another restaurant that you can find a coupon for, $0.50 off each adult buffet. Your drinks are included in the buffet price here as opposed to other buffets.

Adult Buffet - $8.69

Total - $17.45
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 14, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post

LardLad Donuts

After never getting round to grabbing one on our last trip, made sure we got one this time and shared it as a breakfast snack. Definitely worth giving one a try for the money!

The Big Pink Donut - $4.99
Bottle of Coke - $2.99

Total - $8.50

Lunch Meals

Over the holiday we had a few days when we had smaller lunches, I didn't get pictures of most of those days. Also their were days when we just snacked so you'll find those pictures later on.

Great Wraps

Found this place in the food court at Mall of Millenia on our last visit, about fourteen different choices of wraps. We shared a Buffalo Chicken wrap on spinach wrap, with a portion of loaded fries and a bottle of juice each.

Buffalo Chicken Wrap - $6.89
Make it a meal - $2.79
Loaded Fries - $1.50
Bottled Drink - $0.75
Bottled Drink - $2.75

Total - $15.63

Chick-fil-A

Only been here a couple of times now but love it and can't rate it high enough. Only way can really describe it would be as a up market KFC with better quality food at similar prices. Compared to normal fries you get waffle fries as standard with your meals, which is something I like.

10 chicken nugget meal - $7.29
3 chicken strip entree - $3.39

Total - $11.43

Trilobites

First time trying here, only stopped as my eyes caught sight of the sign saying 'Buffalo Chicken'. Always find myself drawn to it. This was a small snack stand at the edge of Dinoland U.S.A in Animal Kingdom, they only had a couple items on the menu and I wasn't saying no to the Buffalo Chicken Waffle Sandwich. OH grabbed a frozen lemonade as she wasn't too hungry at the time, didn't have the receipt for the lemonade.

Buffalo Chicken Sandwich - $9.19
Fanta - $4.49

Total - $14.57

Pecos Bill's

A good quick service restaurant in Magic Kingdom just along from Splash Mountain. The salad bar in here is one of the biggest you will find at any Disney quick service restaurant. We both ordered the Taco Salad along with a side of fries and corn on the cob. When they give you the taco bowl it has some ground beef in the bottom and you fill whatever you wish. Always looks a bit of messy as we can't help but fill the shells to the brim.

Taco Salad - $18.58
Fries - $2.99
Corn on Cob - $2.19
2 x Soft Drink - $5.98

Total - $31.68

Checkers

We were taking a couple of our friends to the airport this day so grabbed a small bite to eat from checkers and took it back to the hotel. Never see enough mention of checkers on any food reports for Orlando, never had one issue here and the food is all freshly made to order. They also have a great value menu with about ten different items.

I had the 2 Spicy Chicken Taco combo meal with a separate loaded fries, and OH had a portion of loaded fries on their own.

2 x Fully Loaded Fries - $6.98
2 Spicy Chicken Taco Combo - $5

Total - $12.76

Chili's

One of our favourites, if not our favourite restaurant to go to when we're away. You know exactly what you're getting here and no matter where you go always tastes the same.

We misunderstood the menu as the lunch deals mean you get a soup/salad with one of the entree's on the list. We'd ordered nachos as a starter but ended up getting a salad in between nachos and main course. Can't complain really as it made our meal cheaper even though we got more food.

For our mains I went for the chicken & bacon quesadilla which came with fries.

OH went for the chipotle chicken fresh mex bowl.

Nachos - $6.39
Quesadilla Lunch Meal - $7
Fresh Mex Lunch Meal - $7
2 x Soft Drink - £2.59

Total - $27.24

Sweet Tomatoes

We took a trip along to Sweet Tomatoes at Crossroads for lunch when we were at Hollywood Studios one day. Didn't take as many photo's as I'd like to have here. So for those of you who haven't been before its a buffet restaurant which is all fresh food from salad, to soups and pastas. They have a 45 foot long salad bar which has almost all you can need. They have a good dessert selection with various toppings for your soft serve ice cream.

[IMG]http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/picture.php?
albumid=5149&pictureid=51100[/IMG]

I'd signed up for the online club and received a coupon for a lunch buffet for $8.99 including a soft drink.

Lunch Combo - $8.99

Total - $19.15
Old 31 Oct 14, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
lausan
VIP Dibber

lausan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 47
thanks for sharing...im hungry now
Old 31 Oct 14, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
millarmagic
slightly serious Dibber

Love it thx for posting!
millarmagic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 14, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
beck_loz
Imagineer

beck_loz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Thanks for sharing x
beck_loz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 14, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Thank you for posting!
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 14, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Flower2603
Imagineer

Flower2603's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 24
Loving your food report and your photos. We've eaten at some of these restaurants but others are new ones to try for us! Thanks

August 2008 - All Star Sports/Tradewinds, St. Pete
Aug. 2010 - Beach Club/RPH Aug. 2012 - Beach Club!
August 2015 - RPH/POFQ
October 2017 - Newport Bay DLP August 2018 Tokyo Disney
Flower2603 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 14, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
You've got to love Sweet Tomatoes fab report, great that you've included prices too... very helpful for the people that have not been before
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 14, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Great start
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 14, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Dinner Meals

Managed to get pictures of most of our dinner meals throughout the holiday. Only a couple we missed, and they were either buffet or just simple like Mcdonalds.

Friendly's

We took a trip along here one night and as we'd had a bigger lunch during the day, decided we would share the 'Munch Mania'.

We picked Loaded Waffle Fries, Onion Rings and Buffalo Tenders as our combination with a side of sweetcorn. We were quite disappointed by the service here. The restaurant wasn't busy but still were made to wait 20 minutes to be seated, and then our waitress didn't seem interested in us at all.

Munch Mania - $9.99
Sweetcorn - $1.69
Bottled Water - $1.99
Lemonade - $2.59

Total - $17.20

Dine with Shamu

This was our second time doing it and love it, great to get a closer view of Shamu. The earlier you book, the better the seat they give you. Food itself is good, standard buffet and they have a wide choice of food from salads to hot dogs and everything in between as you can see from pictures. Even a great selection of about six desserts. Although some people find it expensive for what it is, you also get free refills on beer as well as soft drinks. Not to forget the professional picture before you enter the buffet which would be expensive itself from staff.

Cici's Pizza

We'd had a full day of shopping and were just after quick good food. We decided to pick up another voucher book and head to Cici's again, another visit and yet to be disappointed once.

As it was later at night they didn't have as wide a choice of pizza out. However that's why we are so fond of Cici's, I asked one of the staff if I could get some buffalo chicken pizza. Not an issue at all, they give you a sign to put on the table and make an individual pizza to order.

Adult Buffet - $6.99
Large Drink - $2.49
Large Drink - $2.49

Total - $12.75 + $5 tip = $15.75

Checkers Sit-In

Went another trip along to checkers and sat in this time, great food as always. Fresh and filling, too filling!

I went for the roadhouse burger combo, with loaded fries. OH ordered up a cheddar burger with loaded fries and a portion of super stuffed spuds. Also couldn't refuse two apple pies for $1 when we got offered.

Also get a coupon for free sandwich on next visit to checkers, can't complain getting free food with your purchase.
Cheddar burger - $1.09
Fully loaded fries - $3.49
Roadhouse combo - $7.19
Upgrade fries - $0.69
Chocolate shake - $1
Large coke - $2.49
5 piece super spuds - $1.99
2 Apple pies - $1

Total - $20.17

Golden Corral

Sadly didn't get any pictures of the buffet here. For those of you who haven't been before and enjoy a classic american buffet, I strongly recommend it. The buffet here is almost anything you can ever imagine, from Fried Chicken to a Sirloin Steak made to order right in front of you. Even the dessert choices here are vast, from freshly made cookies to a range of different ice creams. Even a cotton candy machine which the staff provide for you.

When we visited their was four of us this night, and had cut out another coupon from the voucher books for 10% off the bill.

4 x Adult Buffet - $53.56
4 x Soft Drink - $11.16

10% Discount - $6.47

Total - $62.04

Millers Ale House

Where do I even start here, we visited here a couple of times for food and several times for drinks as it was right across the road from our hotel. So many different options on the menu here, was almost a struggle for the rest of them. Fortunately I'd prepared myself and read up online and decided my choice months ahead.

Zinger Mountain Melt for me, tremendous! Couldn't finish it, picture doesn't do its size justice! You get zingers in sauce of your choice on a bed of chips and cheese, with bacon and scallions on top.

George went for the chicken philly sandwich, he loved it and had already tried it a night before we arrived.

Nicola went for the pepperoni pizza, and no surprise loved it too.

OH hummed and hawed over what to order, and finally went for the chicken dinner. Really enjoyed it and loved the mash.

We had a variety of drinks throughout this meal, me and OH had a couple of pitchers of Long Island Tea which were brilliant. We also had a top shelf long island and double orange crush. Nicola and George had a bucket of Bud Light, and then a mango mojito each after.

Mountain Melt - $11.49
Pepperoni Pizza - $7.99
Chicken Dinner - $9.95
Chicken Philly - $8.69
2 Blue LIT Pitcher - $20
5 Bud Light Buckt - $10
2 Mango Mojito - $11.90
Top Sheld LIT - $6.95
Orange Crush double - $7

Massive meal for such a low price compared to what you'd pay back home!

Total - $100.08

Millers Ale House AGAIN

Myself and OH visited one night again for a bite to eat before we went to see fireworks at Disney.

Had seen the mountain of nachos people had when we'd been in previously so decided to attempt them. Also got a portion of the loaded fries.

Soda - $2.59
Soda - $2.59
Basket Fries - $3.89
Loaded Fries - $0.95
Fiesta Nachos - $8.99

Total - $20.25

Chili's

Can't seem to find the receipt so no prices for this entry. We'd took a walk along I-Drive from our hotel with our hearts set on one of our favourite meals of the holiday.

We decided against the starter tonight, I went for the traditional choice for me here at dinner. The honey-chipotle chicken crispers, which come with fries and a corn on the cob. Yet to have any time when these don't taste the exact same as always.

OH ordered up the Triple Dipper and went for Panko onion rings, loaded potato skins and original chicken crispers. Struggled to finish it, but loved each bit of it especially the potato skins.

For drinks we took advantage of the BOGOF happy hour here. I went for the frozen mango margaritas which are brilliant, can't even tell theirs alcohol in them. OH went for her favourite, Jack n' Coke and was delighted to find that's on the happy hour list getting a double!

Fridays

Fridays, or TGI Fridays as it's known as back home. Another restaurant right across the road from the hotel, good variety of food options. They do a happy hour later on at night where at the bar you can get endless appetizers for $10, which is a great deal.

OH went for her favourite from back home, Jack Daniels sesame chicken with a side of cajun onion strings. She didn't find it as good as back home, but still finished it.

I went for the tapas with three choices. Cheese bites with bacon, Chicken Skewers and Thai Pork tacos. Was quite pleased with these, the cheese balls were probably my favourite out the lot. Found the tacos quite dry as they were mainly veg with not enough pork/sauce in my opinion.

2 x Soda - $5.38
Jack D Sesame Chicken - $10
3 x Tapas - $16
Cajun Onion Strings - $1.99

Total - $35.34

Edited at 10:30 PM.