Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 21 Nov 14, 01:01 AM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

great start!
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 14, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
LauraC
Apprentice Imagineer

Excellent - subscribing! Can't wait to eat, I mean read, more!
Old 7 Dec 14, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

Looking forward to drooling over the rest off your report.
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 14, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Yum! X
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 14, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Great start - subscribing!
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 15, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Travel day breakfast at Thyme Premier Inn

Wow Christmas has been so busy but looking forward to getting this going again.

So Breakfast on travel day was the all you can eat selection at the Premier Inn. As mentioned before this was paid for as part of the meal deal.

I don't have loads of pictures as I was still in a zombie state and we've all seen a typical cooked breakfast before but everything we ate was nice. The choice was great from cooked items, pastries, toast, cereals etc and the chef came out every now and then to offer freshly made fried eggs. The one thing that didn't look appetising at all was the scrambled eggs- they looked very watery so we steered clear of those. I had cranberry juice to drink which I can find hit or miss but it was really refreshing!

Here are pictures of my some of my selections.

Price was included within the meal deal cost of Ł22.99 ea. Overall a good start to the day and we would definitely do the meal deal again.

Edited at 01:36 PM.
MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 15, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Travel Day - Airport & Plane food

Once we'd got to the airport, checked in and headed through to departures I did a tiny bit of duty free shopping (just one eyeshadow) and then we decided to grab a few drinks to waste time.

First stop was the Observatory Bar that overlooks the runway. It is a nice place to sit and watch planes come and go. We could even see the Premier Inn we'd stayed at the night before from our seats. It was pretty empty for the time being so we sat by the window.

No pictures of the drinks we had - a Strongbow & a Kopparberg cider but here is a receipt to give an idea of prices.

We had a walk around before coming back to the Observatory Bar as there was literally nothing else to do. It was really busy by now as there was a flight to Punta Cana that had been delayed for a unknown amount of time and the passengers were told not to go far so they all propped up the bar instead.

I had a Smirnoff Ice and Andy more than likely had cider.

Another wander around and we went for one last drink before boarding at a random little bar within the food court area.

There was nobody really serving here just a guy who came over from the food till to "help us". He basically scowled and looked put out and then went back to his post at the other counter. I just had a diet coke and Andy had a Bulmers - the cost was Ł7.29

Shortly after this we boarded. As we were flying with Virgin this time we of course got the usual meals included but also free drinks too. A lovely little bonus as we are used to paying for all drinks with Thomson.

Right after take off there was a drinks service. You could chose anything you wanted but it was hard to see exactly what they had as it was all in a big box on the trolley. In the end I opted for a vodka orange and we were also given the little bag of pretzels - I love these anyway so was a happy bunny.

The food options for the flight were as follows.

When they finally got to us on Row 80 they had ran out of chicken so Andy got the mushroom pasta and I had my eye on the chilli anyway.

The salad was fairly nice but didn't pack much punch to say that there was harissa in the potato. Andy didn't touch his.

My beef chilli was actually really lovely - I enjoyed it a lot and the cheese was a nice touch. One thing I had to mark it down on was that it was not spicy enough but I guess they do have to play on the safe side to appease everyone.

The mushroom pasta was "nice" which honestly is an improvement on most plane food for Andy as he will normally pick slightly at it and then it gets left.

Dessert was the Gu passion fruit mousse which was very delicious indeed. It tasted exactly the same as the Solero ice lollies and I ended up eating both mine and Andy's as it's not his type of thing at all.

Sorry my camera wouldn't focus properly on this. It was basically 2 layers - a thin layer of sauce with mousse on top.

Of course there was the usual suspect at some point

Not too long before landing we were given the afternoon snack of cheese & sundried tomato sandwich, a little packet of crisps and a millionaires shortbread type thing. We were both stuffed by that point so just picked at this. I did try the sandwich for the sake of my food report and it was very tasty but I was too full to eat it all. The crisps were bog standard hand cut salted crisps, nothing too exciting and I don't think we ate the shortbread.

Plane food on the whole I found really enjoyable and was very happy with the choices.

Edited at 02:04 PM.
MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 15, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Great start. We had v similar food on our Virgin flight. Look forward to the rest.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 15, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Little_Miss
Excited about Disney

Oh, I'm excited for this as it is the most similar dining report to our plans for September that I've seen! 😁 Subscribed!
Little_Miss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 15, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Travel Day - Garden Grocer fridge supplies

A few months before we travelled I had placed a Garden Grocer order to be waiting for us upon arrival at Saratoga Springs as we had no way to get to the grocery store from Disney and didn't fancy wasting time at the SSR mini store.

The whole process from start to finish was seamless and I would 100% recommend them to anybody. Book early enough and you can get some good discounts too. I especially liked that they sent text messages on day of delivery to update when the order had been delivered.

It didn't seem like much when we ordered it but there were quite a number of bags when we arrived but bell hop stuck it all on a golf buggy for us and we were whisked off. He then brought it all up to the room with us on a little trolley.

Just some wine, cider, hard lemonade, pop, water, crisps & some muffins for first morning breakfast.

We were on the dining plan so had refillable mugs but I'm sad to say we never even picked them up . We only ventured to the food court area on the last morning as were staying in Congress Park and used the quiet pool near to us so never needed to go that far up. There was no mug filling station there anyway so we wouldn't have used the mug had we got them.

The Carriage House/Artist Point wasn't too far of a walk but it was just far easier to drink the soft drinks which we had in the fridge - they were only cheap anyway so worth the convenience.

We had ordered a bag of M&Ms thinking it would be the small-ish bags but actually turned out to be really big and they had sent an extra bag by mistake too! They ended up being brought home (as did the pretzel pieces which I have since opened and don't really care for).

Edited at 02:12 PM.