Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 26 Dec 14, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

The time we tried to eat Orlando -10 days of noms *Completed*

Hello and welcome to my foody trip report - as the title says we did actually tried to eat Orlando.

This was our first trip to Florida and we have been home less than a week and already want to go back.

For those who do not know me on here I am Maria, 34 years old, love all things disney (especially Pixar related) and I love food - my DH Dan is 39 and loves star wars and mainly universal studios but does not like his food too fancy - we went away for our 4th wedding anniversary.

Here is a list of what I will be reviewing (mostly on site this time) I will update links as soon as possible over the next few days /weeks :

virgin V- room food
Virgin Plane food
Planet Hollywood @ DTD
Tusker house @ Animal Kingdom
T-Rex @ DTD
Ghiradelli sundae @ DTD
Earl of Sandwich @ DTD
Boulangerie patisserie @ Epcot
Le Cellier @ Epcot
corndog and hotdog @ Universal Studios
The Leaky Cauldron @ Universal Studios
Ice cream - Florean Fortescues - Universal Studios
Flaming Moes and Duff beer -Universal Studios
Cowfish @Citywalk
Three Broomsticks - Islands of Adventure
Oreo Cookie dipping dots - Islands of Adventure
Cinnabon - Islands of Adventure
Dominoes pizza delivery
Wolfgang Puck Express @DTD
Ghiradelli shake quake @ DTD
Raglan Road @ DTD
Expedition cafe - Seaworld
cookie dough dipping dots - Seaworld
Rainforest Cafe @ DTD
Beaches and Cream @ Yacht and Beach club
Tutto Italia @ Epcot
Kona cafe @ Polynesian Resort
Dole whip - Magic Kingdom
California Grill @ contemporary resort
Subway @florida Mall
earl of sandwich #2
dominoes delivered to room #2
Denny's on the 535
Burger King - MCO Airport
Virgin plane food - Dinner
Virgin plane food - Breakfast

Hope you all enjoy

Edited at 06:04 PM.
Mariaherself is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 14, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Virgin V-Room

This was definitely worth the £38 I paid for us here, the cooked breakfast was lovely 7/10 and unlimited - they also had pastries and other breakfast bits like cereal and fruit, although alcoholic drinks were not included but were competitive - the V-Room is also really quite and relaxing and the staff really helpful.

Entrance

Cooked breakfast

Not very busy

Pastries

Bubbly - yes I know it was 8am but we were on holiday - right?
Mariaherself is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 14, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Plane food

I ordered the Beef burgundy and it was ok but not great - the mustard mash had a weird flavour, I did not eat the salad as it was orzo ( not a big fan) but the Gu pudding was nice - chocolate and orange - Dan did not have a meal - we later had a fab lolly a sandwich and chocolate tiffin piece, again it was ok and as good as plane food can be.

5/10

Old 26 Dec 14, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

Looking forward to your updates
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 14, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Planet Hollywood

After a 9 1/2 hour flight we were pretty tired and really hungry so we were looking forward to this meal - however it wasn't that good, I had a BBQ bacon cheddar burger and Dan ordered the chicken mac n cheese, I asked for my burger medium but it came pretty cremated, it was really busy and I was too tired to complain so got on with it, Dans pasta was quite bland - we would give this place a 6/10 - we paid around $60 including tip and only had diet cokes for drinks

Chicken mac n cheese

BBQ Bacon cheddar

I think that the place is more for the theme than the eatery here are a few other pics inside and out

Old 26 Dec 14, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Tusker house

We had an ADR for 8:40 but arrived a little early at the Tusker house and the staff had spare tables so we could be seated a little earlier.

This place was huge and had a great variety as well as the character meets throughout, our server brought us top ups of juice and coffee and was very attentive.

We both had two plates of food here, one was solely a dessert plate, but where else do you get to eat doughnuts for breakfast?

Here is my first plate - from what I can remember I had Micky waffles ( my favourite) breakfast potatoes, ham and cheese omelette, sausage patties and corned beef hash amongst other things - Dan had the same

Here is my dessert plate :

We were also given a card and a cupcake for our anniversary

Overall this was a really good meal and set us up for the day, we would go back here again and it was around $80 - we would score 7/10

Edited at 11:49 PM.
Old 26 Dec 14, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

T-Rex

We were really looking forward to this meal and it did not disappoint, I booked this ADR on the 180 day mark as it gets so busy but still had to queue for 20 minutes to get to the podium to check in so if you do get a reservation here I would suggest that you get there early.

We were seated near a wooly mammoth and this place is alive with activity and noise, I would image being here as a child would be mind blowing, anyways we ordered seasonal Sam Adams to drink and I ordered the rotisserie chicken with garlic red skinned potato mash and Dan ordered a bacon cheese burger with waffle fries, our server was a little miserable but really attentive and noticed a slight error in my order ( I got coleslaw instead of beans). There is a meteor shower every 10 minutes here and you are free to walk around to look at the dinosaurs.

Dans burger

My chicken

My chicken was delicious and moist and Dan was really happy with his burger we score this place 8/10, we paid about $75 including tip of 18%

Edited at 11:51 PM.
Old 26 Dec 14, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Ghirardellis

Now Dan and I were stuffed at this point so we decided to skip dessert at T-Rex but I had one place in mind that I had to try - even if that meant force feeding myself, we went to Ghirardellis and the queue was quite short, we decided to order a :

Treasure Island Warm Brownie Sundae -
Vanilla Ice Cream paired with our warm Double Chocolate Brownie, smothered with freshly homemade Hot Fudge and topped with Whipped Cream, Chopped Almonds and a Cherry
$9.45

and we grabbed a seat outside as it was not too cold.

This was really good but had so much cream on it, we only managed about 1/3 but it was worth it despite the slow walk back to the hotel - stuffed - would give this a 8/10
Old 26 Dec 14, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Earl of Sandwich - breakfast

Now when we visited Earl of Sandwich in Disneyland Paris we loved it but unfortunately this breakfast was not that great - we both ordered bacon, egg and cheddar, I could not taste the cheese and it was a bit cardboardy, I did not want to write Earl off though so we return later on in the holiday for lunch.

This only cost around $10 and we sadly only give it 5/10
Old 27 Dec 14, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Boulangerie Patisserie

We only nipped in here for a little snack and only ordered a chocolate cream eclair as we were still full from Earl of Sandwich. This bakery was really busy and the queue was quite long but we were served after a few minutes, the eclair was very good - kinda patisserie Valerie standards and cost around $4.50 we also ordered some minute maid lemonade. We score this 8/10.