Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 6 Sep 15, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks everyone for all the lovely comments so far. I went back to work this week but i've managed to find some time today to upload some more yay! There isn't really any order from now

Sweet cream cheese filled pretzel

They sell these in pretty much all the Disney parks I think... as we got one from Tomorrowland in Magic Kingdom and at an American stand in world showcase in Epcot. This counts as a snack credit and was perfect for lunch!

Positive points
This tasted soooo good. At first because it is sweet you are a little confused if it is savoury or sweet but then you don't care because it tastes so good lol. Great use of a snack credit.

Overall
DH had two of these during the trip so he would give it a 10/10 I had one and did really enjoy and would have it again so 9/10 from me.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 15, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Strawberry Lemonade

We had heard about this from the videos by Ashley and Joe (watch their youtube videos they are amazing). DH picked one up from opposite the Little Mermaid ride in Magic Kingdom.

Positive points
It was boiling hot so it cooled him right down and was very refreshing. Had pieces of real strawberries in it and was a sweet and tasty drink.

Overall
DH gave this an 8/10 I did try it and enjoyed it although instead of getting one for myself I went for a lefou's brew so I would give it a 6/10 I had better drinks during the holiday as you will see
Old 6 Sep 15, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Lefou's brew

Talking of Lefou's brew here it is. You can pick one up from Gastons at Magic Kingdom and you can either get a normal cup which is what I did or you can pay extra to have it in a soveniour cup. It was almost $5 so I used a snack creedit so not a cheap drink but a tasty one.

Positive points
It has a great taste and is very refreshing. It tastes like apple juice with caramel flavour and a lime tasting foam on top. I find it fills you are more so is good to have when you are hungry.

Overall
It will never beat butterbeer IMO but I do enjoy drinking it. I would have it again so an 8/10 from me.

Edited at 02:48 PM.
Old 6 Sep 15, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Restaurantosaurus- Lunch Quick service

So with the quick service and table service I will try to include more detail and prices when I can. So this was a place that we had not planned to eat at. But there was a mini drama I had been dreaming about eating at Yak and Yeti quick service and ordering the sweet and sour chicken and banana mousse for well over a year (sad I know). But when we arrived both items were off the menu there was no sign of either of them so the menu had been changed and we had to eat somewhere else so we went to Restaurantosaurus in Dino land at Animal Kingdom.

We both had the:
Macaroni & Cheese Hot Dog - Creamy Macaroni & Cheese and tasty Bacon Bits top our delicious Hot Dog, served in a fresh Bun with French Fries - $9.49

Chocolate Mousse - Chocolate Mousse - $4.19

Wildberry Lemonade - featuring Odwalla® - $3.99 for DH
Water for me

Close up

Positive points
There was a topping bar! Who doesn't love a toppings bar am I right? So I went crazy with the mushrooms as I love them. The food was tasty but I ended up leaving the bun as I find them too heavy.

Overall
This was a tasty quick service meal which we enjoyed. Far too much food as usual and the mac and cheese is just so different from what we are used to! The sausages tasted great though and the mousse was very light to eat after. It was crazy bust in here but we did manage to grab a table however you know when people are constantly standing over you waiting for you to finish so they can grab your table. This was annoying as you felt rushed to finish. We both felt it was a 7/10.
Old 6 Sep 15, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Milkshakes

I know some of these items are the same as 2013 but some of them I just loved so much I had to have them again. As you will see through the report though sometimes our opinions of food and places changed from 2013 which was interesting.

So we had to stop at 50's Prime time because I love it there and I especially love their milkshakes. Now they don't accept snack credits for these milkshakes so we paid out of pocket for them and we got them to take away. The bar man did say that if you want a milkshake on the DDP you need to head and outside and opposite to the massive dinosaur. We looked at the menu and could only see chocolate milkshakes but was a good tip anyway.

DH had the vanilla milkshake.

I had the peanut butter and jelly milkshake my favourite!

Oh and also everytime I get one I think of Brian and like to do the dance for those of you who don't know what I am talking about...

Positive points
They are soooo filling we both had one instead of lunch and it was perfect for us. We drank them whilst watching the Beauty and the Beast show whilst it was raining so worked out so perfect!

Overall
Well I LOVE this milkshake and always will I have one every time I go so it is a 10/10 for me. For DH it was 6/10 for the vanilla it wasn't anything more than a thick vanilla milkshake.
Old 6 Sep 15, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Sunshine Seasons- Breakfast

So another one we had not planned on doing but we were both so happy that we did

This is located in 'The Land' in Epcot. It is massive so there is loads of seating and loads of choice including breakfast which is good as I always find there isn't much choice anywhere for breakfast.

I had the Croissant Berry Pudding $3.19 a fruit punch powerade and a banana. All three items made this a quick service credit. So WOW is all I can say basically a bread and butter pudding with custard filling and red berries mixed together it tasted soooo good. It was also very filling and they give you a great portion of it. It was also very warm so tasted even better a great breakfast choice and one of my favs I would have it again.

DH had the Breakfast Panini - Eggs, bacon, roast pork, and cheese served with breakfast potatoes $7.99 and a fruit punch powerade again this was a quick service credit. He really enjoyed this for breakfast and kept comparing other breakfasts to this during the holiday.

Positive points
A great breakfast, tasted good, good use of quick service credits and plenty of space to sit and enjoy.

Overall
I would give mine a 9/10 and D/H gave his an 8/10 we will be back!
Old 6 Sep 15, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Leaning Palms- Lunch

A quick service lunch at Typhoon Lagoon. I apologise for the photo it isn't great...We ended up taking food photo's on both our phones, our main camera and the Gopro so we ended up having different quality images.

I had the Chicken Breast Nuggets - 8 Pieces with French Fries
$9.29 I do love their nuggets dipped in mayo I only ate 5 and that was enough as they were a little dry
For dessert I had the Key lime pie $4.29 very yummy I really enjoyed it.

DH had the Island Burger with Monterey Jack Cheese, Barbecue Pork and Pineapple with French Fries
$10.49 enjoyed this burger kind of a normal american burger.
For dessert he had the chocolate cake $4.29 didn't really enjoy this cake just a bit too sickly.

We both had water to drink.

Positive points
We went to all the places you can eat to see all the menu's and this one for us was the best choices.

Overall
It was super busy and there was a very long wait to order. Once we had our food there was not one seat to sit at so we had to take it back to our sun loungers which wasn't ideal. Far too much food so left a lot. It was a typical quick service meal enjoyable and filled the gap I especially enjoyed the key lime pie mmmm. 6 1/2 out of 10 from both of us.

Edited at 03:38 PM.
Old 7 Sep 15, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadMummy
Apprentice Imagineer

Great report so far! Can't wait to read and see more.
Old 9 Sep 15, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
StinkyHermit
Getting to know the DIBB

Wonderful, keep posting! Looks so yummy already
StinkyHermit is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 15, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Campinggirl
Very Serious Dibber

Enjoying this, we are going on DDP next August so looking for tips! Will subscribe.
Campinggirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List