Old 2 Aug 15, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
kaytola
Getting Excited

kaytola's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Kaytola's 40th: Food, food and more food! July/Aug 2014

I'd intended to write this lovely food report when we came back from Florida last year but things always get in the way and it was a real pain in the bum adding photos to Photobucket and spending ages to upload them here. So it sort of got passed by the wayside and those lovingly taken food photos have remained unloved and tucked away on the laptop.

However, I realised from a thread posted today that it is EASY to upload a photo to the Dibb and so here I am, almost a year later and I am FINALLY getting round to writing my food report!

So, the holiday was this:

We (me, DH and DD 1 (17) DD2 (17!) & DD 3 (5)) flew UC to Florida with VA (a VERY lucky fluke, it will NEVER happen again ) and spent 26 glorious days in Florida staying at the HRH and a beautiful Dibb Villa while I celebrated a BIG birthday (the clue is in the title, folks!). We'd planned parks, rides and all that stuff but what we were most looking forward to was the FOOD! Menus had been scrutinised, ADR's booked and the food was to be a real highlight of our trip.

So without further ado, welcome to

Kaytola's 40th: Food, food and more food trippy!

Virgin Upper Class Food http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...96&postcount=2
Bubba Gumps City Walk http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...25&postcount=4
Chillis/Pizza Hut Davenport http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...09&postcount=5
Karamell Kuche http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...60&postcount=8
Beaches and Cream http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...2&postcount=10
Olive Garden http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...8&postcount=13
Millers Ale House http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...9&postcount=15
Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...6&postcount=17
Rainforest Cafe Animal Kingdom http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...8&postcount=18
Subway/Chick-Fil-A Altamonte Mall http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...2&postcount=22
Texas Roadhouse http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...7&postcount=29
Chilis to go
Chef Mickeys
Aloha Isle
Five guys burgers and fries
Buffalo Wild Wings
Outback Steakhouse
Longhorn Steakhouse
Flame Tree Barbecue
Smokey Bones
Burger King
Dennys
Twistee Treat
The Cheesecake Factory
Millers Ale house (again!)
Millers Ale house (3rd times a charm!)
Texas Roadhouse (again!)
2005: New York, Las Vegas & Quality Inn International Drive 2006: Port Orleans French Quarter 2011: New York 2014: HRH & Dibb Villa 2015: Hotel Cheyenne DLP 2016: Dibb Villa 2017: IDrive, SSR & Villa 2017 New York 2018 Washington DC 2019 New York, IDrive, RPR & Villa Aurora 2020 New York

Edited at 09:02 PM.
kaytola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 15, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
kaytola
Getting Excited

kaytola's Reviews
Tuesday 22nd July 2014

Started off in the Premier Inn Runger Lane North for as much breakfast as we could stomach.

No photos I'm afraid as, well, you all know what a bit of bacon, beans, mushrooms and sausage look like!

Checked in to UC (first and last time!) and fast tracked through security to sit in the Escape Lounge (just because we could) where a few alcoholic beverages were partaken but no photos as I thought it would look a bit 'off'.

Virgin Upper Class Food

Onboard, we we greeted by this lovely sight:

And we settled back into our seats for the most surreal flights ever. We threw caution to the wind and the camera came out to snap some of the food that came out way:

Starters: Some soup

Mains: Katsu curry for me and fillet of beef for him

We did have a pudding and afternoon tea but I can't find the photos at the moment.

As you can imagine, we were pretty stuffed after all the food in UC and on arrival in Florida and after checking in at the HRH, we couldn't eat a thing!
2005: New York, Las Vegas & Quality Inn International Drive 2006: Port Orleans French Quarter 2011: New York 2014: HRH & Dibb Villa 2015: Hotel Cheyenne DLP 2016: Dibb Villa 2017: IDrive, SSR & Villa 2017 New York 2018 Washington DC 2019 New York, IDrive, RPR & Villa Aurora 2020 New York

Edited at 06:24 PM.
kaytola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 15, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Great start xx

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 15, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
kaytola
Getting Excited

kaytola's Reviews
Wednesday 23rd July 2014

Bubba Gumps Universal Citywalk

A day at Universal today so we had a trip to Bubba Gumps. We'd previously been to the one at Times Square in NYC so knew we were in for a good meal.

DD1 & DD2: Burger and fries:

Me: BBQ burger with frazzled onions

DH: Fish and chips

DD3: Kids Pepperoni Pizza - came with a drink and some blue jelly too!

Meals were fresh, tasty and good value. The theming in Bubba Gumps is fantastic and our server was really good. We got full marks in the quiz! I'd recommend this place to anyone.

Edited at 06:52 PM.
Old 2 Aug 15, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
kaytola
Getting Excited

kaytola's Reviews
Thursday 24th July 2014

Left the HRH for a sneaky 3 weeks in a Dibb Villa in Davenport.

Chillis Davenport

We took advantage of the 2 for $20 offer. It was a starter and two mains for $20. Good value and plenty of choice.

Me and DD1: Onion Tanglers and Jalapenos

Almost classes as Onion rings! You'll find out why later! Lovely and tasty and spicy!

DH and DD2: Texas Cheese Fries

Lovely and cheesy. Decent portion size too!

DH & DD 2: Ribs (apologies for the blurry picture but ribs is ribs, innit? )

DD1: Chicken Tenders with a corn on the cob. The portion was HUGE!

Me: Cheese and bacon burger.

DD3: Kids pepperoni pizza

And for dessert, we all shared THIS!

The legendary molten chocolate cake! Absolutely delicious. It was a nice meal and good value ($63.52 for 5 meals and drinks) and it was the first time we'd visited this particular Chilis. Recommended if you are in the Davenport area.

Pizza Hut Davenport

After a day at the parks we were a bit peckish so ordered a Pizza Hut takeaway from the outlet near Old Lake Wilson Road.

Box combo with 2 1 topping pizzas with breadsticks and wings

Tuscani pasta and breadsticks

This was VERY popular. Pasta with a lovely meaty sauce and the breadsticks were delicious. Fed all of us for about $32!

Edited at 09:57 AM.
Old 2 Aug 15, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
All looks lovely so far!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 15, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Man v Disney
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Looks really good. We are spending some time offsite so really looking forward to your offsite food experiences. So glad you are writing this up.
Trip 4: 3 weeks Villa with Parks 2023
Man v Disney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 15, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
kaytola
Getting Excited

kaytola's Reviews
Saturday 26th July 2014

Karamell Kuche Epcot

We'd heard good things about this shop and being a lover of all things caramel, we decided to pop in and taste the emporiums wares!

Me: Caramel Cookie

Cost the $4.49 but it was worth every penny! Lovely soft cookie with a gooey caramel centre topped with caramel. Divine!

DH: Caramel Cookie

Again, absolutely gorgeous and well worth the money. We'd be back!
Old 3 Aug 15, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
sameeel
VIP Dibber

Oh yum... Looking delish so,far
Old 3 Aug 15, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
kaytola
Getting Excited

kaytola's Reviews
Saturday 26th July 2014

Beaches and Cream

We'd been looking forward to this one ever since I'd booked the ADR! Good job we did too as we turned up at 1pm prompt for our meal and the poor guy on the door was turning people alway left right and centre. Felt quite sorry for him as some people were quite rude

Anyway, onto the food!

Me and DD1: Bowl of chilli to share

DD1 said this was the best chilli she's ever tasted (and she is a bit of a chilli officianado). It wasn't too spicy and there was a very generous portion of it. $6.99.

Me and DD1 to share: Onion Rings

We'd set ourselves an 'Onion ring challenge' for the holiday. If there were onion rings on the menu, we ordered them and shared them! These were delicious! Hot, fresh, crispy and set the bar for the rest of the onion rings to come. $6.49.

DH: Cheeseburger with fries

$14.99. Bit pricey but it was lovely and DH enjoyed it.

DD2: Hot dog with fries

$7.99 for this one and every scrap of it got eaten!

DD3: Kids Cheeseburger

Lovely burger but the photo doesn't do it justice. It was a really big portion and my 5 year old was a bit overwhelmed with the amount of food there. Good job she was with 4 other people that happily hoovered up the leftovers!

DD3: Mickey Mouse Sundae

Could have eaten this myself!

DH & DD1: Beaches chocolate cake

Even my husband (who LOVES chocolate cake) baulked at the size of this one! It was MASSIVE! DD1 turned a lovely shade of green and declared 'I'll never eat that'. She didn't although she made a sizeable dent. DH admitted defeat with about a quarter remaining. It was huge. Delicious but huge. The consensus was 'next time we'll share one'! $6.49.

The camera ran out of charge so there is no picture of the cake with no ice cream that DD2 had or the fudge mud slide that I demolished but all in all, it was a lovely meal in Beaches and Cream. The atmosphere was lovely and we did see some brave souls attempt the Kitchen Sink! Well worth making an ADR for!

Edited at 09:14 AM.