Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 15 Sep 15, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Great start definitely subscribing! X

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 15, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

Ok I would like a meal made up of different parts of your day...cream cheese pretzel, prosecco and peanut butter cake... 😍
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 15, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Kellea View Post
Great start xxx
Thankyou!

Originally Posted by aay_esha View Post
Great start!

Look forward to reading more
Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by artcasper View Post
Great report.. we are staying at CBR next month..
Ooh I'm so jealous! We loved it so much!

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
Great start definitely subscribing! X
Thanks for reading! x

Originally Posted by jemima2 View Post
Ok I would like a meal made up of different parts of your day...cream cheese pretzel, prosecco and peanut butter cake... 😍
I would like that meal right now, for breakfast
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 15, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

Day 5 – Animal Kingdom and CBR

We had yet another early start this morning and were off to Animal Kingdom. I was so excited as AK wasn’t even open last time I was in Florida and I LOVE animals. No breakfast this morning (again) as we just weren’t hungry so it was straight onto Kilimanjaro Safaris (we saw so many animals and it was amazing) and then a walk through the Pangani Exploration Trail and the Maharajah Jungle Trek. We started to get a bit peckish and, as I hadn’t really planned anywhere for us to eat on this day, we went into the nearest place, which happened to be Pizzafari.

I got the meatball sub with chips and he went for a meat lovers pizza, which came with a Caesar salad. We got a chocolate mousse and a tiramisu for dessert and the usual chocolate milk for him (he’s a big kid) and giant soda for me, of which I probably drank less than half. The food here was pretty good but nothing outstanding, as you would probably expect.

We absolutely loved AK and particularly Expedition Everest, which I think might be my favourite Orlando ride now Today was hot so there were plenty of cold drinks purchased, including a frozen lemonade and a frozen coke from Drinkwallah (roughly $4 each). We got absolutely drenched on the Kali River Rapids and decided to head back to the hotel to get changed. We were feeling pretty shattered after a few non-stop days and fairly late nights so we decided to have a quiet night and just eat at CBR.

The CBR food court seems to be universally disliked (according to Trip Advisor anyway) but we actually thought it was pretty decent. Again, nothing outstanding, but decent for a hotel food court! Ainge went for the Cuban sandwich (Pork, Ham, and Cheese with House-made Jerk Chips) and I’m pretty sure I had an Angus bacon cheeseburger, although I can’t really remember and I don’t seem to have a picture of it. No idea what drinks were but probably a chocolate milk and a soda (creatures of habit!)

I do know what we got for dessert though…

After dinner we sat on one of the resort beaches (Mauritius I think) and watched the Illuminations fireworks with a couple of drinks. We had a pretty good view and it was lovely to just sit down and relax for a while. We were in dire need of a relaxed evening tbh!

After the fireworks finished we went for an explore in the CBR gift shop and happened upon the food and drink section. A few purchases *may* have been made, ahem…

We also bought a couple of bags of sweets at Goofy's Candy Co at DTD and used snack credits for them earlier in the holiday but I didn't see the picture until now...

The rest of the evening was spent snacking and watching some trashy tv, before I fell asleep at an obscenely early hour

Edited at 04:59 PM.
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 15, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

Mobile

Great report,can't wait for the rest. Mo x
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 15, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

Loving this! Thanks for sharing...

I now wish I was off to Fairfax Fayre for a couple of hotdogs this lunchtime and not Tesco for a stale sandwich
Old 17 Sep 15, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

Day 6 – Blizzard Beach and DTD

We had a later start this morning and actually grabbed some breakfast as we were peckish after our lighter meal the night before. Well, I was! We picked up a sticky pecan bun from the grab ‘n’ go area at CBR and ate it with a couple of drinks in our refill mugs. Ok, confession time, I ate it. I don’t think Ainge even had a bite. I can confirm it was utterly amazing though, if a little decadent for breakfast!

We gathered up our things and caught the bus to Blizzard Beach. I was so excited about this as the water parks were my absolute favourite back when I used to go to Orlando with my parents. Thankfully I wasn’t disappointed and I still absolutely loved BB and Typhoon Lagoon on this trip. As we were on honeymoon (that old chestnut!) we decided it was definitely cocktail o’clock and got ourselves a Blue Bizzard (Coruba Coconut Rum, Midori, Blue Curaçao, and Crème de Banana blended with Piña Colada Mix - $11.25) and a Strawberry Daiquiri ($8.75). I also had a Grapefruit Margarita (Patrón Silver Tequila, Cointreau, and Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice – $11.25) later on. All the drinks were really really good although not the cheapest, which was to be expected.

After a bit of reading, a bit of time in the lazy river and a lot of lazing, we were getting hungry for lunch. Eating options are pretty limited at the water parks but we enjoyed the food we had. We wandered over to Lottawatta Lodge and ordered the Black Diamond burger with fries for me and the grilled chicken sandwich with fries for Ainge. Plus drinks and two fruit cups for dessert (we’d had enough of the QS desserts by then!).

Back to the loungers for a bit more lazing and then we made our way back to CBR for a nap (such a tiring day after all ) and to get changed for dinner. We didn’t have an ADR for this day as we’d tried to keep a couple of days free so we could be spontaneous. Haha. We knew we fancied going back to DTD as we’d only had a quick visit there on our second night. There were plenty of ADR times available for a lot of places so we changed our minds on venue about 20 times before we finally settled on House of Blues. We had a 10 minute wait or so once we’d checked in but were then seated in the back room with views over the lake. Our server here was really good and gave us plenty of recommendations, not that we used any of them!

We ordered an Angry Orchard (my favourite cider ever) and a beer and asked what drinks we were entitled to with the DDP. I had a Raspberry Fizz (Raspberry, Ginger Beer, Lemonade) and Ainge just had a soda. The Raspberry Fizz was lovely and refreshing and, as it should have been $4.95, was a good choice on the DDP!

The menu at HOB is massive and we took ages to decide what we wanted. Eventually I chose the lobster mac & cheese and Ainge went for the full rack of St Louis ribs, served with BBQ baked beans and housemade coleslaw. We also got a side of fries to share. Mistake, the portions here were huge. Ainge’s ribs look small in the picture, until you realise that the other half rack is hiding underneath the top one!

He really struggled to finish his meal but luckily he had me on hand to help him out

For dessert I had the key lime pie and he had the triple chocolate cheesecake. Both were really really good but absolutely enormous and we failed to finish them. Sob.

We had planned to stay at DTD for most of the evening and have a few drinks and a wander. However, my lobster mac & cheese sent me into an absolute food coma and I almost fell asleep while we were having a drink at Raglan Road! We had a Harp ($8.00) and a Wyders Pear Cider ($7.50) here and then Ainge took pity on me and we went back to CBR for the night. I think I fell asleep the moment my head hit the pillow!

Edited at 05:08 PM.
Old 17 Sep 15, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mobeckwith View Post
Great report,can't wait for the rest. Mo x
Thankyou! x

Originally Posted by mrmoo123 View Post
Loving this! Thanks for sharing...

I now wish I was off to Fairfax Fayre for a couple of hotdogs this lunchtime and not Tesco for a stale sandwich
Oh I know. I'm facing the prospect of a sandwich too and I'd given anything to be back there right now!
Old 17 Sep 15, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

Ohhh Mickey ice cream bars, I have got a bit obsessed with oreo ice creams recently which remind me of them...cocktails...would give them a good go right now! 😀
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 15, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I'm loving your report so far! Thanks for sharing.

Our ADR window opens next Sunday so looking forward to more of your table service reports to help the decision making.

I'm chuckling at the reasoning behind you drinking cocktails, we'll be in Disney on our 6th wedding anniversary so I may use it as a reason to treat myself (and maybe DH) to plenty of cocktails too!
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List