Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 17 Sep 15, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Wow the sticky pecan bun looks yummy

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 15, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by jemima2 View Post
Ohhh Mickey ice cream bars, I have got a bit obsessed with oreo ice creams recently which remind me of them...cocktails...would give them a good go right now! 😀
I only had a couple while we were there and totally regret it now. They're amazing

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
I'm loving your report so far! Thanks for sharing.

Our ADR window opens next Sunday so looking forward to more of your table service reports to help the decision making.

I'm chuckling at the reasoning behind you drinking cocktails, we'll be in Disney on our 6th wedding anniversary so I may use it as a reason to treat myself (and maybe DH) to plenty of cocktails too!
Thankyou! Not much more to come in terms of table service as we only had a week DDP. Sob. I would definitely go for Yachtsman and Be Our Guest (coming in next post) if you have the credits

Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post
Wow the sticky pecan bun looks yummy
It was glorious. So sweet, which isn't usually my thing, but I loved it!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 15, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
StinkyHermit
Getting to know the DIBB

Loving it!
Old 19 Sep 15, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

Loving your reports!
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 15, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
miss_bell
Imagineer

miss_bell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Loving your report.

Last year I found the sticky pecan buns and I ate one everyday!
1990 Motel 1991 I Drive 1995 & 1998 Villa 2003 Lindfields 2005 & 2007 SL 2005 Bahama Bay 2006 NBH 2008 Liki tiki Resort 2009 & 2018 POFQ 2011 & 2016 Cheyenne 2012 OKW 2013 Coral Cay 2015 SSL 2015 SSR&BCR 2019 WL 2016 & 2022 CSR 2014 & 2023 CBR 2024 ASMU

miss_bell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 15, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

Amazing food. Mmmmm
Tor32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 15, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Minniemou
Excited about Disney

All this food is making me so hungry Yum!
Old 20 Sep 15, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

Day 7 - Typhoon Lagoon and Magic Kingdom

Today was our last full Disney day () so we crammed in visits to both TL and MK. We got to TL pretty early (there were about 3 cars in the car park!) and staked our claim on a couple of loungers in a quiet spot with plenty of sun and a bit of shade. The weather was amazing today. Not a cloud in the sky and just perfetct.

No breakfast again, obviously , but pretty soon it was cocktail o'clock and we got a couple of drinks. I'm pretty sure these were a frozen strawberry daiquiri and a frozen pina colada but I can't find them on a menu anywhere! They were delicious though!

However, these were definitely a Captain's Mai Tai and a Grand Margarita from Let's Go Slurpin'. These were ridiculously strong but we managed to polish them off, ahem

In need of some sustenance after the aforementioned drinks, we headed for an early lunch at Leaning Palms. Barbecued pork sandwich with chips for me and and island burger (Monterey Jack cheese, barbecue pork and pineapple) and fries for Ainge. The usual drinks and two fruit cups for dessert. One of my most fond memories from my Orlando holidays with my parents is eating barbecue pork sandwiches at TL with my Dad and I'm pleased to say this one definitely lived up to the memories! Ainge enjoyed his burger but I don't think it was anything life changing.

Back to the hotel for a quick freshen up and change and then it was off to MK just in time to catch the Festival of Fantasy parade. Loved it! We had an ADR at Be Our Guest at 7.15pm so did a few rides and had a wander before making our way over to check in. I'd heard a lot about BOG and couldn't wait to see inside! A lovely CM showed us to our table and gave us a little bit of information about each room. We were seated in the ballroom and it was just STUNNING.

I had a glass of sparkling wine ($8.00) and Ainge had a Kronenbourg ($6.50), plus sodas as our dining plan drinks. Bread and lovely salted butter (my pet hate in the USA is that whipped butter they have everywhere!) arrived and was devoured. We both ordered the same entree here - medium rare strip steak with garlic-herb butter, vegetables and fries. The steaks were amazing! Perfectly cooked and they just melted in the mouth. The fries (more like good old British chips actually) were also fantastic. Best chips of the holiday I think! The vegetables were very very salty but I've heard that this is a recurring issue at BOG. Terrible photo, sorry! It was so dark in there that it was hard to get decent pictures with my phone. For dessert I had the grey stuff (Chocolate Shell, Cookie Crème topped with Lumiere’s special “Grey Stuff”) and Ainge had an eclair. I've read a lot of reports where people say they're not impressed with the dessert selection but we actually loved the way they brought out the trolley and plated them up there and then with a little bit of icing decoration on the plate. They were also delicious!

As it was our honeymoon, we also got brough a little bit extra of the grey stuff with some Mickey sprinkles

We went for a little wander around the rooms after dinner and then went and met Beast and had our photo taken with him. He was great and was really sweet about the fact it was our honeymoon and made a big deal of it. A couple of rides later, we watched a bit of Wishes and then made a swift exit back to CBR for our final night of sleep there

Edited at 05:21 PM.
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 15, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

Originally Posted by StinkyHermit View Post
Loving it!
Thankyou!

Originally Posted by halloweenbaby2 View Post
Loving your reports!
Thanks for reading!

Originally Posted by miss_bell View Post
Loving your report.

Last year I found the sticky pecan buns and I ate one everyday!
They're SO good. I could just eat one now in fact

Originally Posted by Tor32 View Post
Amazing food. Mmmmm
It was all amazing. We didn't have a bad meal

Originally Posted by Minniemou View Post
All this food is making me so hungry Yum!
Me too! Am loving reliving it but it's making me want something far more delicious that what's in our fridge!
Old 20 Sep 15, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

Day 8 - Our Epcot snack adventure and a hotel change!

We were up bright and early this morning as we had to go and pick up our hire car. I had never driven abroad before so I was more than a little nervous! Still, I managed to get us back to CBR in one piece and we packed up our stuff and put all our luggage in the car. We then set off for Epcot as we had one thing on our mind - using up all our remaining snack credits in a Snack Odyssey around the world!

We started in Mexico with a Tacos al pastor (Corn tortilla filled with achiote-marinated pork, garnished with grilled diced pineapple, onions and cilantro and salsa verde) from Jardin de Fiestas. This was LUSH and we could probably have eaten 3 or 4 each!

Next up was another Kung Pao chicken bun from Lotus House. We had one of these on our first visit to Epcot earlier in the week and loved it so much we just had to get another!

We then wandered over to the Florida Fresh stand and picked up a portion of shrimp and stone ground grits with andouille sausage, sweet corn, tomatoes and cilantro. This was gorgeous, so fresh and vibrant and, as we were on our way to New Orleans after Orlando, we thought it was a nice taste of what was to come.

Next up was the cheese manicotti (egg pasta stuffed with ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, tomato sauce and béchamel) from Primavera Kitchen. This doesn't look like much but it was really tasty.

We wandered along to the American pavillion and stopped at The Smokehouse for some Beef Brisket Burnt Ends Hash with White Cheddar Fondue and Pickled Jalapeños. OMG, this was amazing. Meaty, cheesy and just so delicious. We also couldn't resist picking up another one of the jalapeno cheese pretzels.

We had one snack credit left and decided to make use of it in France, at the Fleur de Lys. We got a Confit de Canard, Pommes de Terre Sarladaise (Pulled Duck Confit with Garlic and Parsley Potatoes) and it proved to be more than worthy of our very last credit. The picture doesn't really do it justice but this was really delicious and rich and it was a really generous portion.

So that was all our credits used! Not a single QS, TS or snack credit remained Ainge and his sweet tooth wanted one of these, so we paid OOP for it...

We then did some frantic shopping at Epcot and MK (note to self: when you see something you want, just buy it at the time instead of leaving it until the last day!) and then headed off to our next hotel, the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. We checked in and got a glass of free champagne each (the best kind of champagne is the free kind).

We then went up to our room on the 9th floor and were greeted with a glorious view. It would have been rude not to enjoy our drinks on the balcony

By the time we were settled in and slightly unpacked, it was dinner time and, having spotted Denny's on the drive to the hotel, we decided to head there for food. I LOVE Denny's. Always have, always will, and this meal was no exception. It's just ridiculously good value, especially compared to Disney prices! We also had an amazingly friendly server here, which always helps. To start we ordered some mozzarella sticks with marinara sauce and some buffalo chicken strips.

For mains I got the All-American Slam (three scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese, two bacon strips and two sausage links, plus hash browns and toast) and Ainge got the Country-Fried Steak (golden-fried chopped beef steak smothered in rich country gravy) with mac 'n cheese and fries (topped with cheese). This was the beigest plate of food in the world but he loved it! Ha.

We were absolutely stuffed after this and, having settled the bill (about $40 including two sodas and tip) waddled back over to the hotel before collapsing into bed and getting some serious sleep

Edited at 05:37 PM.