Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 30 Nov 15, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
SEAWORLD FAN
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Whoo hoo! I had forgotten that you were away recently so great surprise to see a new report this morning. Always a great read so looking forward to the rest.
SEAWORLD FAN is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 15, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

great report,we were at cabana bay resort the week before you,its nice to see all the photos.i will look into the meal deal thing,as it might save us some money on our next visit. mo x
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 15, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by SEAWORLD FAN View Post
Whoo hoo! I had forgotten that you were away recently so great surprise to see a new report this morning. Always a great read so looking forward to the rest.
Thanks for reading and posting, hopefully will get another posted tonight

Originally Posted by mobeckwith View Post
great report,we were at cabana bay resort the week before you,its nice to see all the photos.i will look into the meal deal thing,as it might save us some money on our next visit. mo x
See you are back at Cabana bay next year too. We are hoping to stay for a 3rd time in 2016.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 15, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Dining day 4 Universal

Saturday October 17th 2015

Breakfast

Florean Fortescue, Diagon alley Universal Studios

We did 7am early park entry for resort guests and had ice cream for breakfast!

DD had mint soft serve with 1 topping

DH chocolate chilli which he enjoyed

Me apple crumble

Paid with 2 snack credits from our quick service dining deal (see day 2) and cash for 1

They were $4.99 plus tax and .79 for DD’s topping

$5.78 + 2 snacks (less 10% annual pass discount)

Snack

Honeydukes, Islands of Adventure

DD chose a cauldron cake $3.95 plus tax (less 10% annual pass discount)

3 broomsticks, Hogsmeade, Islands of Adventure

I had coffee $2.39 and DH had a hot butterbeer he liked $4.99 plus tax (again saved 10% with ap) DD had some water (free) and ate her cauldron cake which she enjoyed.

Lunch

Mythos, Islands of Adventure

This was our first time here. It is a lovely restaurant inside. I enjoyed it, DH less so.

We were there just before opening at 11am so were seated without a wait. (We had been in the parks from 6.50am for early entry so were ready for lunch despite the time)

The bread took time to come to us as it was being baked but was good. The butter says universal studios.

I had fish tacos, DD child’s pizza and DH burger plus parmesan fries. We just had water to drink

$33.04 (inc 10% AP discount) plus tip

Snack

DD had an oreo churro at the blue man group – approx. $6

Dinner

Hard Rock café, Citywalk

We hadn’t eaten here since pre DD days but enjoyed it and will be back. We sat in the Elvis side room so not too noisy. I did make a reservation online as we ate at 8pm on a Saturday night and it was busy.

I’d got 2 of the prepaid hip hop menu deals from American airlines. We paid Ł14 each. They aren’t selling them anymore but floridatix and some other UK ticket sellers do same deal for Ł18.

I had a chicken burger, DH a bacon cheeseburger with herb fries and DD a kids meal. We had soda to drink and our meals included ben and jerrys ice cream for dessert, DD had mine.

Our prepaid deal included tax and tip

All we had to pay was $8.59 (inc 15% AP discount) for DD’s kids meal and the upgrade for DH’s specialty fries plus tip

2 prepaid deals and $8.59 plus tip

Edited at 10:18 PM.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 15, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Dining report day 5 MNSSHP

Sunday 18th October

Breakfast

Keke’s near mall of Millenia

This was our second time here and we enjoyed it again. It was actually a year to the day since our first visit.

DH had a florida waffle (he had the cream and strawberries served on the side)

I had the pina colada French toast which was gorgeous again

DD had kids choc chip pancakes

We had coffee and DD choc milk.

Total $32.21 plus tip

Some random Target food pictures

Steak and Shake, SR 535

We have been here several times and always been good for a cheap and cheerful meal. This time was just ok. Think we saw the aftermath of lunchtime rush, tables not cleared and they served our shakes in paper cups not glasses (no clean glasses?)

DD’s kids meal was free as it was a weekend, she had 2 cheeseburger and fries. She had a kids Nutella milkshake

I had a club sandwich and a s’mores shake

DH had the siracha burger special and soda

Sorry no receipt but would have been $20 ish plus tip

MNSSHP

Snacks

Dole whip float from Aloha aisle to share, DH loves these

DD had a hotdog and blue slushie fron the lunching pad in Tomorrowland

Regular readers will note exact same as last year!

Hallowishes dessert party

We did enjoy this although it was a pricey addition to the evening. It was $69 adults plus tax and $39 for 9 year old DD. It Included reserved parade viewing looking up main street which was fantastic and then the dessert party/fireworks viewing on Tomorrowland terrace.

On the table was a souvenir skull mug of candy plus sparkling wine or apple juice I think, DD knocked mine over.

We helped ourselves from a buffet, lots of desserts plus cheese and biscuits. Drinks were lemonade or tea/coffee/hot choc.

You were able to make repeat visits, didn’t feel rushed. DD ate soo many chocolate strawberries.

Candy

We didn’t trick or treat until the last hour of the party but still got a bag full each. Same as previous years cast members at the end are much more generous handing out lots of candy. Outside they were handing our dove chocolates at the end of the night.

Edited at 10:26 PM.
Old 2 Dec 15, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Dining report day 6 Gatorland

Monday 19th October

Brunch

Hash house a go go International drive

After a late night at the Halloween party we slept in and did brunch at Hash house a go go. This was our second time here.

Portions are just stupidly huge.

DD had the kids choc chip pancake and sausage with a side of bacon

DH had a chorizo skillet

I had a scramble with eggs, avocado and bacon with the griddled mash potato

Food was good but portions are way too big. DD’s pancake was uncooked in middle so was remade for her. They didn’t charge for it.

Also saved 20% with an eat and play card (they also take the kids eat free card but not both together)

Sometimes hash house is on travelzoo or groupon, sadly not for our dates this time.

$31.52 plus tip

Gatorland

Food for alligators not us – turkey hotdogs were 2 bags for $5,we ended up with 4 bags for DD to feed them as she really enjoyed this.

Private Island Ice cream

This is across the street from Gatorland

It is a small ice cream shop where they make any flavour in front of you using liquid nitrogen. DD loved this.

Ice cream was good. I had key lime pie, DH a pina colada with chocolate and DD some concoction of her own.

$20 with tip

Pat O’briens, Universal Citywalk

The worst meal we have ever had in Orlando (been 20 plus times since 1997 so saying something!).

We had bought the golf and dine deal again. $23.99 off universal website. I swapped the print out at guest services for the paper tickets, the golf and meal don’t have to be the same day.

The golf alone is $14.99, so $9 gets you an entrée, soda, tax and tip.

Only a few restaurants at citywalk now participate, we usually choose Margaritaville.

We were hungry and plan was quick meal then golf. We weren’t expecting anything amazing just a quick meal. I’d even made a reservation so we didn’t have to wait to be seated.

We check in and I had a wallet with me with golf and dine tickets. Ask for golf and dine menus and kids menu for DD. Manager Megan is friendly and says words to the effect of woman after my own heart nice and organised. Golf and dine menus are smaller than normal menu usually about 5 choices.

We sit on the patio, nice atmosphere but very dark. We have visited the real pat o briens in new Orleans before we had DD so thought it would be fun to see.

DH had a coupon for a free hurricane for joining the email club for his birthday (valid all October his birthday month). Checked and ok to use that. We order – DH burger from golf menu, me jambalaya from golf menu and DD mac and cheese from kids menu – she points to what she wants on kids menu to server aswell as saying it. DD is 9 so kids menu age. Plus soda to drink.

We wait and wait and wait. DD is so hungry. Server was awol and when I eventually see him says won’t be long. We wait some more.

Food eventually arrives, DD is given an adult mac and cheese. I point this out. Server shrugs and says just the same except it isn’t and has shrimp and red peppers. DD wont eat those (and is fussy so picking them out is a no no they have touched the mac and cheese ) and is crying because she is so hungry. She reorders chicken tenders. We eat. Mine is awful, small portion just plopped on a plate. Dh’s is tiny just a burger no salad. It is only later we realise he has given DH a kids burger.

DD’s food comes she eats and we just want to get out of here. I ask for check and show annual pass for discount. After more waiting server brings check and there is no AP discount. Totally summed up servers couldn’t be bothered attitude.

I was totally fed up and go to podium and ask for manager.

Nice manager Megan from earlier sees me and remembers me..look on her face is what the heck are you still doing here. She immediately agrees to comp DD’s meal but then asks about the rest so I tell her. She gives us our 2 dine tickets back.

So it actually cost us nothing (no I didn’t tip him!)

On the bright side …could be worse we could be eating at pat o briens is a new family saying.

We did make it to golf and had fun playing haunted course, it is great in the dark. We all got a hole in one at some point too.

We did use the dine tickets at Margaritaville later in the trip and had great experience so don’t be put off the golf and dine deal. They also do a similar movie and dine deal for $21.99.
Old 2 Dec 15, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

I love love love your reports. So many great tips. I'm making lots of notes of the great deals you find. We've booked to try Cabana Bay for the first time this year.
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 15, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by joanna23 View Post
I love love love your reports. So many great tips. I'm making lots of notes of the great deals you find. We've booked to try Cabana Bay for the first time this year.
Thanks for posting, glad you are finding it useful.

We've stayed twice at Cabana bay and hoping to go again in May. Will be some Cabana bay diner food and s'mores pics in a few days.
Old 2 Dec 15, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Thanks for posting, glad you are finding it useful.

We've stayed twice at Cabana bay and hoping to go again in May. Will be some Cabana bay diner food and s'mores pics in a few days.
Fantastic. I can't wait.
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 15, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
lincolnhan
Proud to wear my Ears

The ice cream place opposite gator land looks great! Imagine that kids (and adults) love it...
Hoping for Trip 4: 4 weeks Grand Tour - LA, Vegas, Florida & NY (2021)
lincolnhan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List