Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Aug 17, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Glad to hear a more positive update, really hoping the treatment helps the thyroid problem, as I agree with others this should help her overall wellbeing too.

She did very well with the A in her AS exam, really hope this boosts her self esteem. x
Old 18 Aug 17, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
lettie
Imagineer

Lovely to hear about the positive update, all the best to you all.
Old 18 Aug 17, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

Sounds like this treatment will have a very positive impact on your daughter. So glad things are going in the right direction. Love and best wished to you all.
Old 18 Aug 17, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Thanks for all your thoughts. Must admit I hadn't appreciated just how many things the thyroid can control. Hope even more so now having read a couple of responses on here that she gets her date through quickly , as if he may help reduce some of her anxieties that can only be a good thing
This evening highlighted just how bad her anxieties are , we just changed mobile providers on mine and DDs phones, and the Internet wasn't working on them . She just wouldn't / couldn't speak to the really nice customer service guy even though it was going to mean she got her data back .
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
macjaddie
Getting Excited

Mobile

My DH had Graves and it was awful, I hope the treatment helps here to keep on some weight, over active thyroid certainly does make you lose.
macjaddie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 01:57 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Overall a positive update buryboy. Definitely a step in the right direction. Let's hope treatment for her thyroid will help. My love to you all. Please keep us updated and hope you continue to take small steps towards a recovery for your lovely daughter. X
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 06:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Hidden mickey
Imagineer

Mobile

That's good news about her exam results, hoping treatment makes a difference
Old 19 Aug 17, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Mobile

I have Graves (had thyroid removed) and the anxiety was probably the worst symptom for me. It was just horrible. Just a tiny issue would feel totally blown out of proportion and feel like an insurmountable obstacle. Once her thyroid levels are down to normal and under control she will feel a huge difference. Hope you can pass this on and reassure her a bit.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Hope your DD feels better after her treatment, she must be quite frightened deep down by it all, she is lucky to have such supportive family around, although this must be all so draining emotionally for you all. X
Old 19 Aug 17, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Hi Buryboy,
I do not come on the chat forum often, work etc. I remember your cheery posts and jokes in other forum threads. I have just gone through all your posts on this thread.
I cannot believe the awful time you and your family have been through and I am in awe of the perseverance and strength you have. I am sure on many occasion you have felt as low as Emma has though.
I have no experience of this disease, and it is that. I only know any of us with children can only imagine what this must be like for you and your family. I just hope the thyroid issue may be a turning point for her, I wonder why it has not been diagnosed before?
I do think her ability to still achieve those grades is amazing and a positive point she should be so proud of.
All I can say is keep strong, keep us updated and I hope things improve for you. And here is another woman who just wants to give you all a hug!
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List