Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 22 Jun 16, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Loving your report so far! That Cuban sandwich sounds amazing. My husband had one at CBR last year and that was also delicious. I definitely need to have one next time!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 16, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
daftmum
Very Serious Dibber

Great report looking forward to more
daftmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 16, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Great costumes at MNSSHP.
Food all looks yummy.
Old 26 Jun 16, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack Daniel's
VIP Dibber

Great report looking forward to rest
2013 Aulani / Disneyland Hotel
2010/13/16/17/18/19 DLRP
2009 POR 2008 POR
2007 Caribbean Beach Resort
2004 Orlando International Resort Int` Drive
1994 Holiday Inn Int` Drive
1993 Comfort Inn 1992 Continental Plaza
1991 Howard Johnston 1990 Holiday Inn Int` Drive
Jack Daniel's is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 16, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
timnlaura
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Short legs View Post
It all looks so good! Hoping to try Olive Garden next time.
Olive garden is one of our favourites. Always had a good meal there.

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Wow the portion sizes at Olive Garden are huge! Everything just looks delicious 😊
Its definitely a place to go if you are hungry!

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
Loving your report so far! That Cuban sandwich sounds amazing. My husband had one at CBR last year and that was also delicious. I definitely need to have one next time!
Oh! might have to take a trip to try one there too.

Originally Posted by daftmum View Post
Great report looking forward to more
Thank you x

Originally Posted by waiting4disney View Post
Great costumes at MNSSHP.
Food all looks yummy.
I am trying to convince my dearest OH that we need to do it again this year! x

Originally Posted by Jack Daniel's View Post
Great report looking forward to rest
I had to stop for a bit as i kept feeling the need to remake the meals myself!
timnlaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
timnlaura
slightly serious Dibber

Apologies for the long delay! I started up a college course whilst working and became swamped!

Day 5! 1900 park fare, shopping and epcot.

We started off with an 8 am reservation at 1900 park fare and this is where i fell in love with the Grand Floridian. I just love it and its definitely on my to do list!

I really like 1900 park fare as do the rest of the clan. It wasn't rushed at all with lots of character interaction. The girls weren't keen on the Mad Hatter as he was very in their face. I felt that there was a lot of choice, although Abs didn't think there was much apart from meat and sweets... Don't even think about offering her a Mickey waffle now! Apparently they are stiff!

I was eager to try a bit off everything but alas! I cant really remember what these are? French toast and maple ham were delish tho!

Abs had meat and more meat! I actually dont know how she can eat the bacon. Soooo not my taste!

And Little Is had this! She is too funny! She declared she was stuffed after this plate but I managed to convince her to have some fruit.

Awww! too cute!

We spent the rest of the day wandering around the outlets and im sure we stopped at one of the chinese places and had some bourbon chicken. No pictures of food sorry, but i do have our shopping!

Back to All stars and we had a couple of things to share. A kids meal and chilli cheese fries! Awww... man! The chillie cheese fries are awesome*! *high pitched voice!

we spent the evening using up our fast passes in Hollywood studios and having a wee wander about.

Edited at 12:39 AM.
timnlaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 01:24 AM  
Link to this Post
timnlaura
slightly serious Dibber

Day 6 was set aside for Epcot. A quick splash about the pool and some washing before we headed for our first set of fast passes. Test track, character spot and mission space. Soarin had huge queues so we gave it a miss and headed for some food. Isobels feet were starting to fall off so we chose Electric Umberella. the queueing system confused me here but we managed to get our food eventually!

Tim had the french dip burger im sure, i remember not liking it too much.

The meatball sub was my choice and really tasty.

Issy had the mac n cheese with a side of fries. It was kind of plasticky tasting to me, but she enjoyed the pasta and not the chips!
To potato-y for her. (Nutter!)

Abs had a plain burger and fries, and promptly filled her burger with them... I think this is her trying to show she is adventurous.

Club cool is a must, even if its just to walk through it. The girls think we only drink diet coke drinks and no alcohol

Fanta melon frosty is my favourite. I could stand there sipping all day.

HOW do kids manage this look?! I told her she had some around her mouth and she wiped her chin! Bless her little freckle face!

Old 22 Jan 17, 02:18 AM  
Link to this Post
timnlaura
slightly serious Dibber

Day 6 evening - Pirate and pals cruise!

This was a surprise for our girls, and we knew that Isobel would love that it was pirates. She loved Jake and the Neverland pirates and even though she had started school, still loved it. Abs was delighted to be able to wear her pirate outfit again as it was 'trendy and cool'.

We spoke to the main reception at All stars to confirm when we were to be there. Unfortunately when they told us it was 4pm, it turned out to be completely wrong! We obviously looked lost as a lovely member of management came over to ask if he could help and was surprised when we said we were there for the cruise. He was very apologetic and offered us a meal on Disney, our choice, which was very kind! We thanked him very much and had a look around and chose contempo cafe! (we didnt want to take the mick) We really enjoyed it, but felt bad when the girls kept hearing all of the noise from Chef Mickey.

Issy chose a burger and abs the nuggest. Neither of them making much of a dent. Tim and I helped them with their chips!

Tim had the blackened chicken flatbread and said it was delish! too spicy for me.

Meat lover flatbread for me and i immediately regretted my decision as everyone liked it!

The girls started to get excited, abs going hyper and Issy practsing her peter pan look...

I cant recommend the pirate and pals trip enough. we thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish. The treasure hunt really got everyone excited and the meet and greet was very well organised. Not rushed and the characters were very good with the children, particularly the dressed up ones. Hook took Abs as her team and Issy (pan) was offered a fight!

There was so many treats available the cast were telling children to fill their pockets with chocolate coins, pretzels and popcorn as it was ending. There were a few fridges of mickey ice creams and lollies, cake galore (reminded me of costco) and juice which was a bit iffy!

The girls were picked as first mates and asked to carry the flag and walk with Smee! (sorry for such a pants photo!)

We had read to sit on the left side of the boat and had a perfect view of Wishes. Patch our guide was very good and had everyone join in the jokes and games on our wee boat. The girls were extra surprised to find that Peter Pan was waiting for them when we got off the boat.

Patch!

Old 12 Feb 17, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
timnlaura
slightly serious Dibber

Day 7 - a semi lazy day at MK

First of all a trip to Gastons for breaky! Alas we must have been starving as i have no picture... Knowing that we are all a creature of habit it would have been a cinamon roll and a pan au chocolat.

As we had such a busy evening the night before, we planned on taking it easy and surprising the girls with BBB! They had watched loads of Youtube videos about it, but we hadnt told them we were heading there.

Quick shot on splash and ice cream time! 3 of us had the Mickey ice cream bar and Abs chose this... I cant remember what it was but it might have been a lemonade of some kind. She had a few sips and then gurned that she didnt like it... :angry:

My girls loved BBB and think we spent there longer than most. Both girls were given a LOT of attention mostly due to the length and amount of hair.

By the end of it, Isobel had had enough of her hair being played with, but enjoyed the experience overall.

We headed to have a wander round the Grand Floridian before our 1900 park fare reservation. I loved the breakfast so much when i spotted the res on the app i booked it straight away.

Stupidly we stopped in the cafe to fill our cups and bought some snacks?!?!

They were lovely, but why we thought it was a good idea to eat cake before a buffet, i do not know... Isobel ate the icing, i ate the cake, tim had the cookie thing and abs tipped her cupcake box... honestly that girl worries me sometimes!

For us as a family, 1900 park fare as an evening meal is ideal. APART from the sloppy macaroni. Sheer disappointment from Isobel who had imagined unlimited amouts of the cheesy stuff!

She did like the cucumber tho. It had no soggy bits and was very green said the 5 year old.

A sharing platter of desserts which were ok.

We felt bad at leaving these.

Old 12 Feb 17, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
timnlaura
slightly serious Dibber

Day 8!

Quick poptart in the room and off to blizzard beach, cicis for lunch which was a cheaper pizza hut buffet and some shopping.

Not many pictures as there wasn't anything exciting that we had eaten.

An evening of swimming and then some chips to finish off the night!

Man the toppings bar at all star music is amazing! The girls shared plain fries and Tim and i shared the chilli cheese ones. Uber yummy! And i know that it is a lot of toppings, but the case member was just about to chuck it out so i jumped right in there! Cupcake to share for dessert and we were sorted x