Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 10 Aug 16, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

*whispers* I love corn dogs! And gigantic pickles! And Oreos! And biscuits, particularly if there is a bit of maple syrup floating around too ...

But I do draw the line at root beer (smells like my dead grand-dad's chest), and grits - does what it says on the tin, tastes like grit.

As a tea-hater (I know, I know, I'm clearly not British enough!), I also avoid iced tea. But give me iced coffee any day, yum!
Old 10 Aug 16, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
If I'm honest, some of the food pics people post turn my stomach a bit. All the food seems to be orange! I've yet to see one where it looks appetising.
I'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks this. I LOVE food and am really looking forward to trying all the deep fried, smothered in sauce, covered with sugar, dipped in cheese delights of Florida again but somehow, no matter how appetising they sound, the photos all seem to look like something the dog's thrown up
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 16, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrissyWissy
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I love the crispy bacon and pancakes for breakfast.
Not tried iced tea before, so will give that a go next time.
Will still take my PG tips as well though

DLRP: Numerous - Most recent May 2014
WDW With Friends: Sept 2001 / Sept 2004 / May 2006
WDW With Family: Feb 2015 / Oct 2016 / May 2019 / Oct 2022
ChrissyWissy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 16, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
I Love Disney*
Trainee Dibber

I Love Disney*'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 15
We love Oreo's

I must agree with the plastic cheese sauce which is very sickly and just not good!

We tried some different Fanta flavours whilst there and they were horrible so artificial flavoured we didn't finish them! I tried hersheys once, never again horrible stuff!

We are yet to try root bear or iced tea but I think I may dodge by the sounds of it
Old 10 Aug 16, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

I love American food but the majority of their bread is hideous. It's like eating cake when you order toast.

The only nice bread I've ever had over there has been in signature restaurants. The potato and onion sourdough they used to do in Flying Fish made up for all the other terrible bread.
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 16, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Anywhere in the world the teabags go with us. Sorry I don't care how hot it is there is nothing finer than a cup of yorkshire tea, but I am from Yorkshire and it's the law here Coke just sets off my reflux so I avoid it like the plague ( it leaves a manky taste anyway) .

I was so happy to try mickey waffles and oh boy yuk yuk yuk .
And Potatoes for breakfast and breakfast lasagne errrrrrr no thanks.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 16, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Madfish
Imagineer

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
Sirry, I was referring to pour local branch.
All stores would have sold the same products throughout the time period. There were some experiments at times for certain branches but these tended to be in specific regions rather than individual stores, e.g. Some central London branches used to sell pizza.
Madfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 16, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
kikimouse
Apprentice Imagineer

Oh I love me some root beer! A tall, frosty mug with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream to make it a root beer float. I also love corn dogs. I did try grits and couldn't work my head around that.
kikimouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 16, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post

The main thing I can't get over with American food is how they mix sweet and savoury stuff. I just can't stomach the idea of scrambled egg, bacon on top of sweet waffles and covered in maple syrup and ketchup. And at buffets they pile their plates HIGH with everything on it instead of taking a little then going back for something else
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 16, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Salted popcorn. I will have it but prefer sweet. Remember first year in US at cinema and asked for sweet popcorn and they didn't do it.