Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 14 Oct 16, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
naomi
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by TinkerSmee View Post
We liked the restaurant- and the atmosphere. But we will be trying the breakfast in July
Originally Posted by TinkerSmee View Post
8.30pm, we were the servers last table, it was just our opinion.
We are going to give it another go.

Thanks for reading!

Gemma
Ahh that makes more sense, never thought about that before, we usually eat between 6-7 to make any fireworks.

The breakfast looks really good doesn't it, I've heard only good things about it, Enjoy!

naomi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 16, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Shame garden grill wasn't a hit. We are going for breakfast later this month.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 16, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
BLDY&McGoo
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

That dluxe burger looks lush! Deffo adding it to my visit list!
BLDY&McGoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 16, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkerSmee
Trainee Dibber

Day 4... This is where it all gets sketchy!

Sorry about the delay, a few things happened, holiday got busy and I kept putting off the report... oops! We returned home, I got big style Disney blues! So i decided the only cure would be to book a July family trip, and to get back into this!

Day 4 lets get started.
We started the day at around 7am, face timed with home and then went to find some breakfast, we were going to explore the "top" outlets as we like to call them so popped into McDonalds, this has been recently refurbished and was very clean, we decided ti try some things that we could not get at home and went with.

Chicken and biscuit.

Sausage and egg McGriddle.

Steak and cheese bagel.

And lastly an old favourite the pancakes.

This was all hot and fresh and if my memory serves me correctly came to be about $20 with drinks. Our favourite as it has been on previous trips was the McGriddle, this is two pancakes with syrup in the middle stacked sandwich style with your fillings inside, this is delicious and very filling.

After shopping, we headed to Hollywood Studios (Or MGM as I will probably call it throughout this report). We were surprised at how "Star Wars" that this park now was since our 2015 visit, and had a good mooch around trying to keep cool. We went into the Backlot Express to share a lunch but the service was awful and the queues hardly moving so we just decided to get some ice creams from the dinosaur on the lake outside Indiana Jones, these were chocolate sot serve swirls, and we used 2 snack credits, this would have been $12 OOP.

We spent the rest of the day at MGM and decided we wanted to stay for fireworks (we had actually decided this the day before) so we cancelled our ADR for Trattoria Al Forno and decided that we would head over towards Epcot to see if there was anything else we could grab to eat.

We decided that ESPN club would be our restaurant of choice for the evening, we checked in and were seated within 10 minutes, note: you cannot make evening ADR's at this restaurant because of the sports events, and they will not estimate how long it will be until you can get a table.

We were quickly seated in the left hand side of the restaurant on tiered seating, there are TV's and screens everywhere showing different sports. DH was happy as he is a fan of the NFL.

Our server got us a pitcher of Bud and two soft drinks (that were included in the DDP). And left us for about 10 minutes to choose what we would be eating.

I went for the Cuban Burger, with fries.

I realised this trip that I love a pickle!

And DH went for the crusted pork chop with veg and potatoes.

This was nice, filling and hot, I wish I had been more adventurous than a burger, but it was tasty.
DH really liked his pork chop and said that he would have it again, which is good praise from him.

For dessert I had a cheesecake. DH had a chocolate brownie thing.
Major food report fail- forgot to take pictures.

This meal would have been $84.15 and we tipped 20%

I think this was the point at which I realised that there was no way we were going to use all of our food credits, and my plans may become altered when I least expect it.

Total Spends for the day $50 (inc drinks and breakfast)

Miles walked: 8.31
Steps: 19,588
TinkerSmee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 17, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great report so far looking forward to the rest of the trippie
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List