Old 1 Nov 16, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Great start to your report! I look forward to reading more.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 16, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great report so far! I had the 7 layer bar at another Disney buffet a couple of years ago and it is really nice. Similar to the magic cookie bar.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 16, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Great report so far. We're fans of BOG for lunch, but for us, the title of best QS place on property goes to Wolfgang puck express

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 16, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Great start to the report, looking forward to the rest!

lol at the "broon sauce"
Old 1 Nov 16, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotscraig
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Scotscraig's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Great start to your food report. Looking forward to reading more.

Can I ask did you pick up your gift card before you checked into the WL? We are staying at AOA before our ddp starts at AKL next year.
We picked up our gift card from World of Disney at Disney Springs the night before our move to WL. No problems and were able to use it from then on.
Food trip report Oct 2017 with DDP
Food trip report Oct 2018 with DDP

DL 1995, WDW 1998, 2001, Sheraton Vistana Villages 2012, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2014, HRH/WL 2015, WL 2016, AKL 2017, SSR 2018, Newport Bay DLP 2019, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2019
Scotscraig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 16, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneygirlxx
Excited about Disney

Great report thanks for posting
Disneygirlxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 16, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotscraig

Scotscraig's Reviews
Day 5 – Boulangerie Pattiserie Les Halles / Garden Grill

As we were spending all day in Epcot we had an early lunch in Boulangerie Patisserie Les Halles.

This is usually pretty good and we all opted for the Jambon baguette (ours warmed) which if truth be told were a bit well fired and tough to eat.

Pudding was a Napoleon which for those of you from Scotland is a big custard slice (good but not as good as Starring Rolls version which is more of a cream slice!)

a chocolate éclair for the boy

and DW had the Framboise which is a raspberry mousse which she said was ok but nothing special.

We paid using 3 CS credits.

Today’s evening meal was in The Garden Grill in The Land Pavillion in Epcot which we had done in 2015 and was one of the meals of the holiday. This time round…not so good.

Bread and butter and salad were served up which from previous experience were excellent but I’m afraid the bread was stale.

I should have complained but couldn’t be bothered as to be honest the bread just fills you up and so we put it to one side and enjoyed some visits from the characters which as usual were Mickey, Pluto and Chip ‘n’ Dale (or Chas 'n' Dave as they were called by my Mum a few years back which has stuck with us ever since! ) who were all good fun.

Our server was nice enough however seemed to be having one of those off nights and everything took a while to arrive including fresh drinks etc.

The main course arrived which is the sharing platter which was ok but not very hot and the beef a bit undercooked and chewy. It was OK. We asked for more turkey which was the pick of the meats and this was better.

Sadly the previous dessert here, the fruit cobbler which was pretty good has been replaced with a raspberry pound cake thing which is pretty naff and most of it was left on the plate.

I did get a birthday cake surprise which was a nice touch. DS quicky commandeered it and scoffed the lot...

Would we do it again? Maybe yes, may be no…. Character interaction is always good but this year the food and service weren’t up to it. 3 TS credits used.

We spent a pleasant evening touring the other MK resorts, The Contempary, then the Grand Flo where we used 2 snacks for some soft serve ice cream and a Mickey Premium Bar.

I just settled for another beer whilst we watched the band play which was great and very relaxing. We then got the monorail round to the Poly and watched Hallowishes from the Poly beach.

A relaxed pleasant evening...

DL 1995, WDW 1998, 2001, Sheraton Vistana Villages 2012, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2014, HRH/WL 2015, WL 2016, AKL 2017, SSR 2018, Newport Bay DLP 2019, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2019
Scotscraig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 16, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotscraig

Scotscraig's Reviews
Day 6 – Contempo Café / The Plaza

This was a rest day for us and we had our first real lie in and then a lazy morning before boating to the the Contempary for lunch at the The Contempo café which I think is one of the the best quick service places on property.

DW and I shared the BBQ chicken flatbread (really good) and a spicy chicken sandwich which came with fries (also good). DS had the pepperoni flatbread.

DS and I had muffins and DW had the Mickey cookie sandwich which was pretty sickly.

DS discovered there was chocolate and caramel sauces on a tap which was right up his street and decorated his choc cupcake with it!

Good food here and well worth the 3 CS credits. We kept the drinks (3 x OJ’s) for breakfast times and used our refill mugs here.

Suitably relaxed we spent the day in our resort and mid afternoon had some Mickey Premium bars using 3 snacks.

Dinner tonight was DW’s choice at the Plaza as she wanted dinner in MK at least once during the trip. I was a bit sceptical about this one as the reviews were a bit mixed. After checking in we waited about half an hour for a table for what is a busier restaurant now they are accepting walk ups however on being seated I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was. We had a view (slight) of the Castle and I had a cracking milk shake as my drink before the mains arrived.

I had the brisket burger which was excellent

DW the Grilled chicken sandwich

and DS the Angus Chuck burger which he customised

Portions were pretty huge and we didn’t finish to leave some room for dessert….

I had the apple pie which was amazing and somehow finished it!

DW and DS both had the brownie sundae and barely managed half such was it’s size!

A really good simple meal but service and food were both top notch. 3 TS credits used.

Old 1 Nov 16, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotscraig

Scotscraig's Reviews
Day 7 – BB Wolfe and Deluxe Burger / Sanaa

First half of the day was a shopping day including a visit to Super Target where we bought some ingredients to take home to make our first ever batch of own Magic Cookie bar!

DS couldn’t help but notice a kit for making Ghiradelli’s chocolate brownies, so that went in the trolley too……

We then went on to Disney Springs and spent some time browsing. During this DS had a Wetzel Pretzel with pizza sauce for a Snack credit.

We then decided lunch would be a split affair with the 1st half from BB Wolfs where we shared the Three Little Pigs sampler which was really good.

This came with 2 drinks on the DDP which was fine for us.

We then moved on to D luxe Burger

where DW and I shared the El Diablo burger which was immense!

On DDP this comes with a side of small fries (which were still plentiful) and we had a couple of dips. The Chipotle one is fantastic.

This was a meal ideal for sharing as the burger is massive. Definetly one to do again!

Later on we nipped to Ghirardelli where we wanted a little dessert. The lady on the till advised anything under for anything $6.75 or under we could use a snack credit and so we all had a two scoop ice cream tub (it’s a tub where I come from, not a cup! ).

Choc/Mint for DS, double espresso for DW and mint/espresso for me. Superb….

We had an early ADR tonight at Sanaa and so spent some time at AKL which is where we are staying next year so this was a nice opportunity to have a look around and get a taster…

Then on to Kidani Lodge where we checked in. This was another we were looking forward to as last years meal was fantastic. We shared the bread service (paid OOP)

and then DW and I both had the tandoori chicken and DS had the strip steak.

Being honest the chicken was a bit disappointing and a bit dry. It wasn’t awful just not as good as we remembered. I tried some of DS’s steak and I didn’t think it was that good. A bit strangely cooked, well done on the upper half and sort of mediumish/rare on the bottom and was a bit chewy. I've made better mash as well...

The desserts however were first class. DS had the ice cream

DW the Tanzanian chocolate mousse

and I had the Celon spiced cheesecake with chocolate/pistachio sauce which was lovely.

This was still a nice meal but the jury is out if we are to do it for a 3rd year although given it is located where we are staying it would make sense. We'll see...

Edited at 09:58 PM.
Old 1 Nov 16, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotscraig

Scotscraig's Reviews
Day 8 – Roaring Fork / Sci Fi Dine in

We had some snacks for breakfast as this morning was Typhoon Lagoon. Choc Muffin for DS, cinnamon pecan swirl for DW and banana nut muffin for me (huge and and I cannot get enough of these washed down with a coffee…)

By mid morning, incredibly, our tummies were rumbling and we shared some choc dipping donuts and a large iced doughnut.

No lunch today so that we would be nice and hungry for an early meal which was at the Sci Fi Dine In in HS but to keep us going we shared a couple of largish packs of Lays (2 snack credits) and the popcorn from an earlier day.

On arrival at the Sci Fi we were seated in our car and I had an Oreo milk shake which is a meal in it’s own right!

DS and I both had the Reuben which I thought was way too salty but OK and DS had the build your own burger which he somehow finished! Chips were good here.

For dessert DS had the brownie sundae and the grown ups had the sundaes.

Perfectly fine but nothing out of this world. Theming is always good here. Service was pretty poor if being honest and very slow. Not good when you are starving…. Would do it again though.