Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 8 Jan 17, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
hollie1992
Trading Disney Pins

Breakfast was cereal in the room again.

Be Our Guest - Lunch

We pre-ordered online. There is a button you can press and tick which allergies you have and it shows you what your options are which was good. I ordered the turkey sandwich on gluten free bread and leek and potato soup as the only dessert that was gluten free was a lemon puff and I'm not a huge fan of lemon desserts. The soup was really nice and the sandwich was great too. It was just way too much food. There were two sandwiches and fries. I could only manage one and a few fries. I did eat all of the soup though as that was the best part!

Sanaa - Dinner

The server here was really friendly and knowledgeable about the gluten free options. I had an allergy menu but I really fancied the lamb off the main menu. I asked the server if it could be made gluten free and she told me that it is gluten free anyway - it's just not listed on the allergy menu, so it always helps to check if you want something off the main menu instead. We also ordered bread to start and she told me they had gluten free naan bread which I was happy about and all of the sauces were gluten free. The bread was really nice but more of a wrap than actual bread. We had to pay an extra charge for the gluten free bread on top of the bread we ordered for the rest of the table. The lamb was ok but it had this strange sauce on it which I wasn't too keen on. The meat was really nice though and so was the mash. I just had fruit for dessert as I was quite full.

(The gluten free bread is on the plate. The regular bread is on the wooden board)

Erin McKenna's Bakery NYC - Disney Springs

I originally went to Goofy's Candy Co. as I fancied something sweet but all they had that was gluten free was dipped marshmallows which I didn't really want. The cashier told me about Erin McKenna's Bakery which does only gluten free. He told us how to get there so I went to have a look and see what it was like. Omg it was amazing! I almost ordered everything I had to restrain myself lol. I ended up getting a brownie bite, chocolate dipped cookie and chocolate chip pumpkin loaf. Everything tasted so good, you wouldn't even guess it was gluten free.

(sorry, I ate the brownie bite before I took the picture )

Edited at 12:53 AM.
hollie1992 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
hollie1992
Trading Disney Pins

I ate half of the pumpkin loaf for breakfast this morning - it was good!

Liberty Inn (Epcot) - Lunch

Sorry I forgot to take a picture today as I had quite a wait for my food so I was starving when I finally got it. I had a grilled chicken sandwich on gluten free bread with a fruit cup instead of fries. This was nice, a bit dry so I just put lots of mayo on it. I had a chocolate brownie for dessert which they heated up so it tasted much nicer than usual.

Cinderella's Royal Table - Dinner

I was given an allergy menu when we were seated. There wasn't many gluten free choices. I had the chicken which was quite nice and flourless chocolate cake for dessert (clock strikes 12). The dessert was really nice but so chocolatey, I couldn't finish it. The starter was gluten free as they put the crackers and bread on the side plate so I could enjoy the cheese and meats.

hollie1992 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
hollie1992
Trading Disney Pins

I ate the other half of the pumpkin loaf for breakfast.

Sunshine Seasons - Lunch

I asked for an allergy menu but it was just mostly anything off the grill section that was gluten free. I had the pork with bbq sauce and mash with a fruit cup for dessert. It was quite nice for a quick service but not many choices here.

Jake's American Bar at Royal Pacific Resort - Dinner

We moved to Universal today and didn't have the energy to go back out so we just ate in the hotel tonight. They didn't have a gluten free/allergy menu here so the chef came out to see me. I felt a bit under pressure as he asked me what I wanted off the menu but I hadn't really looked properly. I just went for the burger. They told me that the fryer for gluten free fries had broken so offered me fruit instead which I was ok with. The burger bun wasn't very nice and the actual burger was burnt so I was a little disappointed with this meal. We didn't get dessert but I don't think there was anything gluten free anyway.

Old 8 Jan 17, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
hollie1992
Trading Disney Pins

Red Oven Pizza Bakery - Lunch

Sorry, no picture. We shared a gluten free pepperoni pizza for lunch. It was really nice and the best gluten free pizza I've ever had.

Bubba Gumps - Dinner

They don't have a gluten free menu but there are a few items that are gluten free. I went for the chicken ceasar salad with no croutons. The server also said they would take extra care to make sure it was gluten free. It was really nice and had lots of chicken.

Edited at 11:46 PM.
Old 8 Jan 17, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
hollie1992
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I'm glad you were able to eat well you've made a great start with breakfast at ohanas
Thank you
Old 8 Jan 17, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
hollie1992
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Originally Posted by Helen1512 View Post
Loving this thank you. I've ordered a gluten free meal for our Virgin flight in August so great to see what it might be. Will be following with interest 😃
I'm glad it's helpful for you. I tried doing some research before I went and I couldn't find anything about the gluten free plane food so I was hoping it would help someone out
Old 9 Jan 17, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
hollie1992
Trading Disney Pins

Breakfast was cereal in room again.

Richter's Burger Co. - Lunch

There wasn't a gluten free menu here so I just asked the cashier who had the allergy info. I wasn't in the mood for a burger so I just went for some cheese fries. These were really nice and I like the plastic cheese sauce lol.

Vivo Italian Kitchen - Dinner

They don't have a gluten free menu here but the server said that they can do any pasta dish gluten free which was good. They normally have gluten free bread for the table but they said they ran out

I had the lamb ragu. It tasted really good with lots of flavour and meat. They did add a supplement for the gluten free pasta which was a bit annoying but understandable as gluten free food is more expensive to buy.

Old 9 Jan 17, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
hollie1992
Trading Disney Pins

I didn't eat much lunch today as I wasn't feeling too hungry. I just had some crisps and a brownie I had left in the fridge from Disney.

Hard Rock Cafe - Dinner

They do have a gluten free menu here and they have so many options. I didn't know what to choose! I ended up having a bbq pulled pork sandwich and fries as it was something I hadn't had since going gluten free. It was really nice and the bun was amazing. I had to check with the server that it was definitely gluten free as it tasted like normal bread. She said it definitely was and they bake their own gluten free bread in the restaurant.

Old 9 Jan 17, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

The bakery at Disney Springs is lovely I love the pumpkin bread
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 17, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
hollie1992
Trading Disney Pins

Islands Dining Room at Royal Pacific Resort - Breakfast

We were going outlet shopping today so wanted to fill up before we left. There are gluten free options on the main menu. The server was really pushy about us choosing the buffet. I wanted to order the gluten free pancakes and he tried to get me to order them and the buffet - he said it would be cheaper? My sisters both went for the buffet but I just stuck with the pancakes I wanted. My bill was the cheapest - it wasn't cheaper for the buffet after all so I wouldn't be pressured into it if you don't want it. The pancakes were really tasty and came with strawberries, cinnamon sugar and maple syrup.

Subway - Lunch

I wasn't really sure what would be safe for me to eat in the food court at the outlets so I just went with a Subway salad. It was turkey breast with cheese and mayo. It was ok, just tasted like regular Subway does lol.

Cowfish - Dinner

There are some gluten free items on the menu here but it was just the sushi items. I'm not a big fan of sushi so I asked if they could do the burgers gluten free. The server was really knowledgeable and said they make everything fresh so they can do gluten free burgers and they have gluten free buns as well. The fries are gluten free as they have a dedicated fryer for them. I had the Dynamic Duo burger which was really good. It had burger and braised short rib so a bit fancier than a regular burger.