Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Jun 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotspair
Earning My Ears

Aer Lingus

Going for 9 days in February next year. Looking at Aer Lingus from Edinburgh. Flying economy as we are going out again in May. Has anyone flown AL? What was the flight like?

Edited at 10:33 PM.
Scotspair is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We have big advantage is immigration at Dublin
The Stobart Air flight to Dublin is what it is up then down
Flights are fine just remember there’s very little after clear immigration
But I’m if the price is right I’ll fly
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotspair
Earning My Ears

Thanks for reply, £860 for the 2 of us. Looking at airport map is it T2 for flight to MCO? Your villa looks looks lovely had a wee 👀 on your web page
Scotspair is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We flew with them last year GLA-DUB-MCO. They were fine but the later flight time and uncomfortable seats put me off. The flight from Glasgow to Dublin was more comfortable. Doing pre-clearance in Dublin is a definite advantage but still took an hour and because of the later flight time and a delay we arrived later than we would have on a Virgin or BA flight. Food was pretty bad and IFE was ok.
All that said I would fly with them again if the price was right but they wouldn’t be my first choice. A lot of others on here disagree so I’m probably in the minority.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
DonaldsNo1Fan
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

We flew Aer Lingus last year. Man-Dub-Mco. We found them to be great. Connection in Dublin was very smooth and pre clearance was a bonus. Lucky for us there was no queue so went straight to the desk. The aircraft to mco was new, very clean and comfortable and we enjoyed the IFE and Food.
The cabin crew gave great service and were friendly on both legs.
Yes the disadvantage is you arrive into Orlando a little later but again if the price was as good as we got them last year we would definitely use them again.
DonaldsNo1Fan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Mobile

Well worth paying for the upgraded meal. It's the same meal as first class. Either salmon, roast chicken or a steak.
Served on proper plates, bottle of wine and proper knives and forks.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We like flying Aer Lingus - we live n Ireland so have used them a lot over the years including transatlantic flights. Never had a bad experience with them but haven’t had a bad experience with any other airline either.
Doing preclearance in Dublin is brilliant and is a big bonus though the late arrival in Orlando is something to consider (am currently mulling it over myself) however you do get a few extra hours on your last day.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 01:24 AM  
Link to this Post
thecannon
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

thecannon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I found them to be very good last year. I got an upgrade to business class and the food selection was really good and the dishes used seasonal Irish ingredients.

IFE was really good. They had the usual movies and TV shows. For me, the fact they had every Bruce Springsteen album available to listen to was a major bonus
thecannon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 01:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Forgot to mention we are going buiness class to San Francisco next year with them
They made a complete mess of the booking but sorted ASAP up graded
Our hotel stop over in Dublin sorted out our lost night in SF etc without
Any hassle at all from them
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
thefergies
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I had a delay last time with United meaning we got to villa 1am instead of around 7pm so arriving with Al at around 9pm and then maybe villa 11pm if all on time put me off. So I plumped for BA arriving 16.30 if on time and that was cheaper at the time too. But flip side if late arrival does not put you off is flight home with AL is also evening take off so you get extra time on departure day.
thefergies is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List