Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Mar 20, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
So proud of my kids Today

Apologies if this sounds like a brag. It probably is. But I just had such a moment of clarity today and a realisation of just how proud I am of my kids, that I felt I wanted to note it down somehow. and it’s long (sorry) as it’s just my ramblings and I always talk too much

Today is my youngests 12th birthday. But instead of the birthday he should have had, paint balling with all his rugby pals and pizza restaurant afterwards etc, he is obviously just stuck at home with us, with his adored granny and grampa not even able to come to visit or for cake. But he hasn’t complained once. Not once. And when I have said I’m sorry about things Kieran has just smiled and said none of it matters as long as he has us all safe. all he asked for instead was an Indian takeaway for dinner.

All he got from us for his birthday was a book. As we had prepaid Ł200 for his party that we won’t see again (rain check to use when the company hopefully get back on their feet) and we simply couldn’t get to shops for anything else in the time we had.

Hannah, my 16 year old is being so mature and calm about everything. she hasn’t moaned at all about no longer being able to see her boyfriend of 18 months. In fact, it was her asking me in the lead up to lockdown to just tell her when he could no longer visit. She has been so lovely to our 76 year old neighbour that we are supporting, and FaceTiming and chatting to her granny every day to check she’s happy.

so this morning for Kierans birthday she gave him a smellies gift set. she had wrapped it, then added a homemade ‘lockdown voucher’ for him, wrapped it again, then added another voucher, wrapped it again etc. She had given him 10 vouchers for things she will do for him like:
30 minute dance party, 45 minute swing ball game, a spa day, a movie night in her room, take him through a 30 minute workout, bake cakes with him etc etc.

When he opened his presents this morning (like a pass the parcel parcel, but just for him!) he was over the moon! I had no idea she had done this and had such a big lump in my throat watching them.

I used to wonder if I had spoiled my kids by the amount of fancy holidays they’ve had, or all the gadgets etc they have. I wonder no more. I’m so proud of them both.

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Life is a beach
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Lovely
Life is a beach is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

brilliant!

kids are incredibly resilient

my 14 year old is an only child she is stuck at home with her mam & dad for the forseeable not once has she complained

she is up every day at 08:00 Joe Wicks at 09:00 then has been doing her assigned schoolwork without any prompting. Right now she is doing an online tap class with her dance pals

she factimes her gran & grandad every night they are only 10 mins away but obviouslyt we cant go see them

last night whilst chatting we brought up the very real possibility of not going on holiday this year, she shrugged it off and said as long as we go sometime...

i think we can all be proud of our kids
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Imagineer

I agree kids are/can be incredibly resilient. My youngest (13) made little notes with pictures, name, contact number and sent them to 4 of our neighbours who are in the older bracket. She received a couple of messages back from them saying how lovely that she had thought of them.

Both have got on with school work and my oldest said she has actually enjoyed doing it online over the last couple of days. The only complaint we have had is she is due to turn 17 at the end of April and was really looking forward to her first driving lesson, which obviously now isn’t going to go ahead. We were going to surprise her with a car, but we might have to put that on hold
kathrynmc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

Aww that’s lovely, and so thoughtful. Kids are very thoughtful and also resilient.

Happy 12th birthday to your son.

I’m really proud of my kids too. My youngest is nearly 13 and she is getting up early and doing her set school work, I’ve not even had to remind her. It’s all done by midday and she can do what she wants then in the afternoon.
My 16 year old walked over to Asda for me this morning and cane home with fresh meat, fish and eggs as well as some chocolate for her sister.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
You have every right to be proud. From the memory of reading your trip reports I actually could see his little face smiling. I'm sure he's more than happy for everyone to just be around him.

I haven't seen my DGC 10, 9, 6 and 1 for nearly 2 weeks now but every day I get a video message of them. This week it's been of them doing the Joe Wicks work out. Lovely to see the one year old joining in and kicking his little legs around.

Jill
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I think I followed your Anna Maria holiday the time with your niece?

If so your kids seemed mature and level headed in that trippy so I’m not surprised and I hope mine will be like yours when they are grown.
They are a credit to you

Also happy birthday Kieran 🎂🎁🎉
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
hibbie
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Aww that's so nice... Happy birthday to Kieran!.. And a lovely thoughtful thing to do from Hannah!
I have twins who are 10 on Monday.. It's definitely going to be so different for them this year... My son (also Ciaran) has autism and has dealt with everything changing fairly well with just a few meltdowns... We aren't getting much schoolwork done but hey ho! We've already moved his laser shooting party now until September and going to have a 10.5 birthday party for him... If things have calmed down by then! Kayla my daughter was having her 1st ever sleepover and has been great about having to wait on that! Thankfully we managed to get a couple of birthday cakes before we went on "lockdown " and we are going to make our own pizzas for their birthday tea... Ciaran really wants pizza hut takeaway but they don't deliver as far away as us and I'm not sure about going to pick one up as I don't think that's essential travel!...again we managed to get a few treats before lockdown but not too much so we'll have our own wee party in the house...I quickly ordered a couple of pressies on amazon fur them when things looked to be getting more serious...thankfully the final thing for delivered today. Daddy has even managed to take the day off work so he won't be banished to the bedroom during the day like he has been for the past week since he started working from home! It's upsetting that they won't see grandparents, aunties and cousins the day before their birthday but will live video chat them... The main thing is that we all make it through this and come out the other end safely. Like you I worried about my children being spoilt by all of the foreign holidays and material things they've had over the years... but they have been so understanding which is amazing, especially for Ciaran who finds it hard to process things and deal with change. Hopefully we'll be able to celebrate their birthday properly, and with all members of the family soon!
hibbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
honeybun1989
Imagineer

Mobile

How lovely! xx
honeybun1989 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Oh that's lovely,my ds is 12 today too,and also behaved so well,its lovely to see isnt it!,his siblings that live with us(older ones moved out) had bought/made him things too,we did his cake etc yesterday as dh was due an operation today which has been cancelled now,upsetting but understandable.
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List