Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 30 Mar 20, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Greyfriars View Post
I have just had the email. Unfortunately I have asked for a refund. Due to family circumstances I cannot book very far ahead. Sadly we were due to board Oceana on my 70th birthday.
Sorry to hear that GF
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
June8th
Apprentice Imagineer

We were due to cruise round the Med in September, we decided a couple of weeks ago ( as soon as P & O announced free from cost moving any cruise this year) to move it to October next year.
We thought that even if the UK was up and running, the ports around the Med probably wouldn’t be!

And it gives us something to look forward to and do research on!
June8th is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

I’m still waiting for DCL to cancel 16 April cruise from Miami. Wish they would hurry up...
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I should have been on ventura this coming Saturday when all the schools would be out for Easter holidays. I would be doing a lovely 4 hour shift on the Friday and have all this week to pack all the lovely dresses I bought after Christmas for me and the girls. I had most things planned. It had been booked over a year and was a ridiculously good offer.

When I’m out in the world I feel ok that it’s just a cruise. When I’m stuck in the house it makes me feel down we are missing it.

Holidays for me are what I look forward to. Keeps me sane
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
I should have been on ventura this coming Saturday when all the schools would be out for Easter holidays. I would be doing a lovely 4 hour shift on the Friday and have all this week to pack all the lovely dresses I bought after Christmas for me and the girls. I had most things planned. It had been booked over a year and was a ridiculously good offer.

When I’m out in the world I feel ok that it’s just a cruise. When I’m stuck in the house it makes me feel down we are missing it.

Holidays for me are what I look forward to. Keeps me sane
It’s sad when a nice holiday/cruise doesn’t come together - but you know what the antidote is? Start planning another!
Where do you fancy going next?
The Cruisecritic group for our November cruise have started having digital happy hours each Sunday at 5.30ET - they log in using the zoom app, with glass in hand. It’s a great idea but it’s 10.30pm U.K. time - my bed time!
Chin up and get planning!

Edited at 04:30 PM.
Omega1 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
It’s sad when a nice holiday/cruise doesn’t come together - but you know what the antidote is? Start planning another!
Where do you fancy going next?
The Cruisecritic group for our November cruise have started having digital happy hours each Sunday at 5.30ET - they log in using the zoom app, with glass in hand. It’s a great idea but it’s 10.30pm U.K. time - my bed time!
Chin up and get planning!
I would look at booking more but I just don’t know what to do as others are up in the air. Luckily my p&o one is getting refunded soon. We have Disney in May which we can only wait to see what happens with that but I’m assuming my annual pass is going to be a very bad purchase.
We Do have Iona booked for July ‘21 and I am considering risking £168 deposit for a rebook of this Canary one for April ‘21.
The problem I have is the holiday with virgin. If I get my money back it will depend on how Disney can help me, if they can’t it will be a good few years. If I only get a voucher then we will have to go when possible.

I’m on cruise critic for p&o and we will definitely be going on them if they don’t go under.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Not P and O but had an email from their stablemate Cunard yesterday cancelling our April cruise to Spain. Opted for a refund because we’ve already got 2 more booked and they won’t allow it to be used against an existing booking. Also cash may be scarcer in the future.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SimonB View Post
Not P and O but had an email from their stablemate Cunard yesterday cancelling our April cruise to Spain. Opted for a refund because we’ve already got 2 more booked and they won’t allow it to be used against an existing booking. Also cash may be scarcer in the future.
We also had that one from Cunard cancelling our transatlantic in May. This was our first one. I’m just in the process of sorting/ cancelling all the other stuff we had added on after it. We are going to take the FCC as we want to go again next year. We have black tie outfits to wear
Sandraoh40 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
We also had that one from Cunard cancelling our transatlantic in May. This was our first one. I’m just in the process of sorting/ cancelling all the other stuff we had added on after it. We are going to take the FCC as we want to go again next year. We have black tie outfits to wear
Enjoy. Tbh if it were the only one we’d got booked we would also have taken the FCC.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List