Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 25 Sep 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
k4ti3-x
Apprentice Imagineer

k4ti3-x's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by charly77 View Post
Just as a heads up, we did the desert safari on Sunday and we didn't get back to our hotel until nearly 10pm and were shattered so you may want to rearrange the souk visit.
Hope you have a fab time
Ahh thank you! I'll try and fit it in another day, thought we'd have loads of time but the days fill up quick.
k4ti3-x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Geordieprincess View Post
It never crossed my mind this could be an issue. I get sick on planes too and would never travel without my sturgeon. I had no issues taking into Dubai.

Are you planning to do dune bashing or just travel direct across the dunes to the BBQ/show? I get travel sick so we avoided dune bashing but even the 5 mins across the dunes to the bbq area left me feeling really sick - I asked the driver to slow down but he said he couldn’t as the wheels would sink into the sand so had to move fast. That was enough for me and there is no way I could’ve done the half an hour of dune bashing.
Thanks, I’m just being paranoid! Mmm, I’m really not sure about doing it but don’t want to let the kids down. I don’t think I could cope with the dune bashing!
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Diane1971
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
Thanks, I’m just being paranoid! Mmm, I’m really not sure about doing it but don’t want to let the kids down. I don’t think I could cope with the dune bashing!
I didn’t do it, Cos my mum gets travel sick, so she was worried, but I really regret it!

Hmmm 🤔 might just need to go back LOL 😂
Old 25 Sep 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Diane1971 View Post
I didn’t do it, Cos my mum gets travel sick, so she was worried, but I really regret it!

Hmmm 🤔 might just need to go back LOL 😂
You will! Maybe I should just leave it to DH & the kids & I could go to the spa with my friend😂
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
You will! Maybe I should just leave it to DH & the kids & I could go to the spa with my friend😂
That’s definitely the safer option!
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by Pixiedust40 View Post
Sorry slow replying Colette, I took the kids out for the day and have finally sat down. I know it came and went so fast... although I would happily go again this weekend if I had the chance lol (wishful thinking)

They didn’t do club rooms but they may change that in the future maybe as it seemed they were still trying various ideas out.
Breakfast was in HK and it was buffet , but then on Sunday they changed it to A La Carte service instead and then came round afterwards to see which we preferred etc... so it seemed like they are trying things out as they go.

On Saturday evening when we went out someone bought my handbag it’s very own table lol... I have never had this before (I’m clearly not posh enough to have this in my everyday life 😂 lol). It did make me think I’ve got to treat myself to a new evening bag worthy of its own table
Heidi can you remember how many restaurants were open and were they all covered by half board? Friend has found a really good deal and she is thinking about CP
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Pixiedust40
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Heidi can you remember how many restaurants were open and were they all covered by half board? Friend has found a really good deal and she is thinking about CP
Sorry slow replying we flew through the night last night back from Florida... Im worn out lol🤪.
My memories always rubbish but from what I remember there were 4 restaurants (2 restaurants at each hotel) that you could use under half board -but they were a set menu. There was also the buffet but I didn’t like that set up for evening. They were trying different ideas out while we were there though so best for your friend to check it’s the same. (Whilst we were there they did buffet breakfast but also tried out a server experience the one morning and then wanted to know which we preferred).

I really liked the st germain cocktails from the Neptune bar lay by the pool... just press the buzzer and they appear 😉. Your friend may like these I think lol.

I felt the place could do with being busier... but we may have just caught it on a quiet weekend. I would go again x
One of the guys gave me his card and said please contact me if you come back ... I’ll have a look when I get in later and see if I can find his email if you like... your friend could email them for up to date info👍 X
Old 3 Nov 19, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

That sounds fab! 😊
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by Pixiedust40 View Post
Sorry slow replying we flew through the night last night back from Florida... Im worn out lol🤪.
My memories always rubbish but from what I remember there were 4 restaurants (2 restaurants at each hotel) that you could use under half board -but they were a set menu. There was also the buffet but I didn’t like that set up for evening. They were trying different ideas out while we were there though so best for your friend to check it’s the same. (Whilst we were there they did buffet breakfast but also tried out a server experience the one morning and then wanted to know which we preferred).

I really liked the st germain cocktails from the Neptune bar lay by the pool... just press the buzzer and they appear 😉. Your friend may like these I think lol.

I felt the place could do with being busier... but we may have just caught it on a quiet weekend. I would go again x
One of the guys gave me his card and said please contact me if you come back ... I’ll have a look when I get in later and see if I can find his email if you like... your friend could email them for up to date info👍 X
Ahh thanks! I’ll pass it on.
Hope the jetlag from fl passes quickly x
Old 8 Jan 20, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
rachelhelen82
Imagineer

Mobile

Just wondered if anyone who is due to travel in the near future is considering cancelling because of the current situation in Iran? We’re not due to go to Dubai until the end of May but not quite sure what to do now 🙁 We’ve booked through Emirates holidays so might give them a call to find out the cancellation fees.
Disney Cruise Line ~ Disney Dream 2013
Disney Cruise Line Staycation ~ Disney Magic 2021
Hong Kong Disneyland 2016
Tokyo Disney Resort / Disneysea 2016
NYC 2016
Disneyland / California Adventure 2018
rachelhelen82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List