Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 31 Jan 20, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
TheSaints
Getting to know the DIBB

Animal Kingdom Lodge room requests

I will be staying at AKL this year in a standard room. I have read that many of the standard rooms have partial savannah views and I was hoping that if lucky enough, we could get one of these.

I phone up Disney Travel to ask if I could add a room request onto my reservation but I was told that "partial savannah view rooms" do not exist so I couldn't make any request.

I just wondered if anyone else had managed to successfully request a partial view from a standard room and how they managed to do this?

Many thanks
TheSaints is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

I did request a room through touring plans, but this was unsuccessful. When I checked in, I had been allocated a room overlooking the pool. I asked for a refurbed partial savannah view, and we were allocated a fantastic room. They really will try and help if they have some available. The room we were in was where the animals slept, so we saw all of them coming out in a morning, and coming in to bed at night. It was lovely. It was room 2350. This is my favourite picture.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

Yes, we've asked at check in and been given one (we did have to move rooms to it after 1 night).

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
emmsy
Imagineer

Mobile

I phoned Disney twice before we travelled to request a partial
Savannah view . Upon arrival we were allocated a ground floor room beside the pool which we were really disappointed with. I called reception to tell them what we had requested and asked if there was any available for us. They very kindly moved us to an amazing refurbed room with savannah view- it was stunning xx
Old 31 Jan 20, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Shows how different we all are. We’d paid for a standard room at AKL and were allocated a pool view room on arrival - ground floor beside the pool. We were so happy with the room - less than a minute walk to the Mara and refills, a couple of minutes to the lobby and front entrance. We could walk round and see the animals whenever we liked. We thought we’d lucked out with that room 😊
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by emmafleur View Post
Shows how different we all are. We’d paid for a standard room at AKL and were allocated a pool view room on arrival - ground floor beside the pool. We were so happy with the room - less than a minute walk to the Mara and refills, a couple of minutes to the lobby and front entrance. We could walk round and see the animals whenever we liked. We thought we’d lucked out with that room 😊
Now that's what I want when I go with DH in September.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
LS77
New Poster (2)

Mobile

Originally Posted by emmafleur View Post
Did you find this was noisy? Sounds ideal otherwise!
LS77 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

If Disney did ever add a partial savannah view to the list of available room options for selection at online check in you can guarantee that Disney would then have then as a separate bookable room with the added costs.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by LS77 View Post
Did you find this was noisy? Sounds ideal otherwise!
Not at all. We were out at the parks most of the day to be honest but we slept well and didn’t really notice any noise. We went in August so didn’t have the windows much because of the heat.
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki Mouse
Excited about Disney

Mobile

When we checked in our balcony was right above a smoking area, I asked to be moved and were given a full savannah view.

However the whole hotel is amazing and you get plenty of opportunities to see the animals.
Niki Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List