Notices

Old 23 Aug 22, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Into the unknown Ď22 Msc Virtuosa- Pre trip report

Same title as the one that got cancelled last year. Letís try this again and go to the fjords or Arendelle as the kids keep joking.

Crew 

Me: age 34, mum to the two angels (sometimes devils) loves anything Disney and holidays in general

Hubby: age 34, heís the grumpy one that usually pays for everything. 

Scarlett: Will be 7 although she will have her Birthday on board and turn 8. She is very smart and slightly introverted, hoping she comes out of her shell more. 

Georgia: will be 6 and she is the funny one, sarcastic and dry humour and absolutely no filter which is worrying. 

These are my beautiful girls on Britannia in April.

The Plan

Going with MSC on the Virtuosa for one weeks just before back to school in September. 

Cost us £2050 for one weeks for balcony cabin (kids will be on bunk beds) and includes the food (and drinks such as tea coffee and juice while in the restaurants). We did get Ä100 obc. 
Also parking is £94. 

The itinerary 

This is a very basic itinerary. As I wonít know until we are onboard what offers are on at the restaurants, what shows will be performing and when then most days we might just be going with the flow. Looking at the restaurant we probably wonít be doing them at all but the kids mainly want to do the water park on the top deck. Hoping it all goes well as they are in different kids clubs this time. 

Day 1. Saturday 27th August 
Drive down leaving at about 7.30am. Board at Southampton 1pm ish

Day 2. Sunday 28th August. At sea 

Day 3. Monday 29th August. Nordfjordeid

Day 4. Tuesday 30th August. Hellesylt

Day 5. Wednesday 31st August. Molde

Day 6. Thursday 1st September. Stravanger

Day 7. Friday 2nd September. At sea

Day 8. Saturday 3rd September. Dock at Southampton 10am. Drive home for about 2pm. 

I have budgeted £700 for our drinks, hoping to spend half of that. I will not buy the package as I donít think itís good value (£600 is what they want for our cabin but quite a few things excluded and we only spent £370 on p&o for 11nights so doubt it will be that much) we also have Ä100 obc as part of the deal. Budget £100 on petrol,maybe more with the current prices. Also £50 for in case we have food or coffee on the car journeys etc. 

So we have £950 in total to play with.Iíll take a credit card in case. Will always do a running total of costs. Love knowing how much Iíve paid per day.

Iíve got about £220 worth in NOK and use the credit card for the rest.

We also donít have much of a plan. We are just going to get off the boat and sight see as usual. 

Costs so far

£2114- cruise including parking 

£. -spending

£. -nok

Total £

Edited at 11:49 AM.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 22, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Still not packed yet.
Unfortunately the car has some warning lights on and we havenít got it back from the garage yet so stressing about that.

On the positive side the covid tests are done and passed.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List