Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 10 Oct 22, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by anji View Post
What a great idea to post your trip like this! Genius. I've done my new one all in one thread for the first time.
Congratulations on paying up front! I wish we'd done that as although I'd got real bargains by early very booking, I only paid upfront for one. Not too bad in Canada at all, but painful in USA.

Your trip looks a dream and I can't wait to read all about it. Enjoy!
That is very kind of you to say.

I am not sure if this format will make better reading, but as always, I am set on a single thread report. I have plenty of ideas on this one that will become apparent as the trip progresses.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 22, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by anji View Post
What a great idea to post your trip like this! Genius. I've done my new one all in one thread for the first time.
Congratulations on paying up front! I wish we'd done that as although I'd got real bargains by early very booking, I only paid upfront for one. Not too bad in Canada at all, but painful in USA.

Your trip looks a dream and I can't wait to read all about it. Enjoy!
As said, variations on this one have been booked (and cancelled due to Covid) on 3 occasions.

Hopefully this is 4th time lucky!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 22, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Subscribed to the thread
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 22, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Research done.

The Roadkill Cafe is perfect for us. A bit quirky and seemingly a memorable experience.

We are starting very early and doing the standard route..

Leave Luxor Hotel and head to Hoover Dam, cut down to the 66, possibly detouring to Eldorado for a quick look.

Drive the 66 from Kingman, eventually cutting up to the Yavapai Lodge to catch sunset and stay in that Lodge.

If we drove non stop, then it would be 4 hrs 35 minutes, but of course we won’t. I can envisage the Roadkill late afternoon as it is around 2/3 of the way to Yavapai.

Sedona? We shall see .. and once again, Thankyou for a great suggestion.
When we done the road trip in December 2019, we left the strip, done Hoover dam engine room tour (worth every penny), R66 stopping at Seligman for lunch, just got to Grand canyon for about 1 minute to sunset this was Christmas. If you are coming out of the east exit after Yavapai stop at Little Colorado river gorge overlook, we only stopped at I wanted to buy some native jewellery. They told us to carry on walking until you can't walk any further and we got to the overlook, only a couple minutes walk from their stalls. Wow, what a place. The 2 native guys are brothers and I could of stopped and talked to them for days lol. When you come out the east side you will see a place called Cameron, if you go north on the 89 for 4 or 5 minutes theres the Cameron trading post, thats a nice spit for lunch and to have a look around the shop.
I totally understand about time especially where Sedona is concerned, its not a 1 night place as there's lots to see and do but maybe another time. 😊
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 22, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Subscribed to the thread
I just hope you won’t be disappointed. As with my other trippies, there will hopefully be transparency in my reporting, embarrassing as that can occasionally be 😅.

One thing I have noticed as a very regular DIBBER…. I have never seen so much interest in the West Coast section of the DIBB. It may be my imagination, but I perceive that many hardened ‘Floridiaites’ are now looking elsewhere and that can only be a good thing as people broaden their horizons, whether they take the plunge by booking.. or otherwise.

The USA is truly a diverse, massive Nation.

Edited at 09:16 PM.
Old 13 Oct 22, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Keirasean
Excited about Disney

Looks like we are chasing you around California 🤣. Will be in vegas and San deigo at same time !
Keirasean is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 22, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Looking forward to this CFB. Hopefully some ideas for our 2024 trip as we want to do Vegas, Grand Canyon, LA (to visit friends) & San Diego.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 22, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Definitely following - we love the West Coast
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 22, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Love the format of this. Very much looking forward to following along.
Old 15 Oct 22, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Keirasean View Post
Looks like we are chasing you around California 🤣. Will be in vegas and San deigo at same time !
Whilst I am not wild on Vegas (but am more than happy to be surprised), I can’t wait to return to San Diego. Just hoping that one of the two CVN Carriers is in port this time as I have never yet seen one.