Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 29 Jul 23, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Enjoying your updates, thank you!

Even in Florida, jet lag usually gets me on the second full day but I'm usually right after that. We won't mention how it is after coming home 🙈

I remember that July heat in Vegas, even at night it feels like there's a heater or something beside you 😆
Hopefully it will be a little cooler for us next May.

I would be interested in your thoughts on the go-city card after your LV part of your trip. We haven't put any thought yet into what we might want to do yet.
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 23, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
Thanks - I’m very glad we’ve come, but it maybe a once in a lifetime trip. Toms not a fan, he’s calling it a Tourist heat trap! I’ve not experienced such temperatures ever before and those extra degrees make a difference …
I am with Tom on that. There is nothing that I like about Vegas.. yet Mandie is insistent that we show our boys next June.

I think that things will very much look up… starting with the Grand Canyon!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 23, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I am with Tom on that. There is nothing that I like about Vegas.. yet Mandie is insistent that we show our boys next June.

I think that things will very much look up… starting with the Grand Canyon!
Having been to Vegas a couple of times I'm not a big fan, although I did quite enjoy looking at hotels like the Venetian and a few others. Also enjoyed the Hoover Dam and rafting down Lake Mead.

DDIL really wants to go though so we are starting off our trip with 4 nights there at the end of May next year. We will have 3 kids in tow so not sure how that will work out. I do hope it's not as hot as Babbymint is experiencing right now

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 23, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Love the Cinnabon 😋😋Bellagio gardens looked lovely
Hoover Dam is definitely amazing isn’t it, so cool
Shame that the weather is hot hot hot
We went in September & it was very warm then
There’s no way I’d be up in that big wheel 😳😳great views though 👌
Enjoy the Grand Canyon 😎

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 23, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marlouwrig View Post
Having been to Vegas a couple of times I'm not a big fan, although I did quite enjoy looking at hotels like the Venetian and a few others. Also enjoyed the Hoover Dam and rafting down Lake Mead.

DDIL really wants to go though so we are starting off our trip with 4 nights there at the end of May next year. We will have 3 kids in tow so not sure how that will work out. I do hope it's not as hot as Babbymint is experiencing right now
It’s definitely worth experiencing at least once in my opinion, my son doesn’t like it much. It really is rather warm, and quite windy too, a bit like having a blowtorch on your face!
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 23, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Love the Cinnabon 😋😋Bellagio gardens looked lovely
Hoover Dam is definitely amazing isn’t it, so cool
Shame that the weather is hot hot hot
We went in September & it was very warm then
There’s no way I’d be up in that big wheel 😳😳great views though 👌
Enjoy the Grand Canyon 😎
The Cinnabon was delicious, I’m not sure when we’ve had them in the past whether they’ve been warmed up first, but these were warmed for us and really gooey. Any cakey person would surely appreciate them
Old 3 Aug 23, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Does anyone know a decent but budget accommodation in striking distance (either walkable, or with a shuttle) to Disneyland. We are having a bit of a rethink and wondering if we should visit the mouth for a couple of days.
We had a really banked on doing this, so it needs to be quite reasonable.
Old 4 Aug 23, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Today we ubered to the airport to pick up our hire car, we had booked an intermediate suv and selected a Ford edge from a long line of suvs.

We left the airport about 10 am and stopped in Kingman at Mr D’z diner. Cool little place

A Turkey club sandwich, a Mr D’z breakfast and a pile of pancakes later, we were back on the road. I had bought the Grand Canyon park ticket online earlier so we went straight in.
In total it took just over 5 hours including our lunch stop.
We had a night booked at the Yavapai lodge, a simple but decent room. We dumped our cases and then went straight out to the south rim.
Wow just wow.

We walked around the rim for a couple of miles and dropped back down a trail to the lodge.
It was surprisingly cool here - actually had some rain on the journey and it felt like being at home - some difference from the searing heat of vegas.
When the Sun had gone down we had a quick bite in the tavern- Tom tried an elk sandwich. A quick trip to the store for a mooch around and a couple of beers then went for an early night, very tired…
Planning ahead… where did Tom get his Elk Sandwich?

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 23, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

San Francisco
I am really looking forward to seeing your San Francisco bit…. Are you going to try Tony’s Pizza. I don’t often recommend food… but this one would blow you away.

Old 6 Aug 23, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Planning ahead… where did Tom get his Elk Sandwich?
It was from the tavern at Yavapai lodge - he’s quite hard to pleaser sometimes but enjoyed it.
I am really looking forward to seeing your San Francisco bit…. Are you going to try Tony’s Pizza. I don’t often recommend food… but this one would blow you away.
We didn’t no unfortunately- we were well looked after by our hosts so didn’t really eat out much in San Francisco.

Edited at 06:43 AM.