Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 4 Jun 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Barnstormer18
Helping Donald

Mobile Electric scooters at WDW - help ?!

Looking for some advice ... 15 of us are travelling to WDW, however my father in law is having some mobility issues and will need an electric scooter. He doesn’t qualify for a Blue Badge. Any advice in terms of the WDW parks and the easiest way to get him to the park entrances and for me to park the 15 seater ? From memory I don’t think the car park trams allow electric scooters. Many thanks.
Barnstormer18 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
amf
Apprentice Imagineer

We had a similar situation in Nov/Dec 2018 - DW had an ECV. We asked the people who took the parking fee where we should park as we had an ECV. We were told to ask for medical parking or medical overflow, depending on which WDW park we were visiting. This parking was right next to the disabled parking, so close to parks' entrances.

We just followed the blue line and asked all cast members handling parking lines to direct us to where we could park with an ECV on board.

You will be fine.

Edited at 10:17 PM.
amf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Barnstormer18
Helping Donald

Mobile

Thanks amf that’s ideal.
Barnstormer18 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 02:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Just tell them at the car park pay kiosk you have a EVC or wheelchair you may be given a coloured slip that they place under the wipers so castmembers know what lane to keep you in
I’ve not found it an issue if we have the same scenario
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 05:59 AM  
Link to this Post
BirdsluvDisney
Apprentice Imagineer

I am unsure if you have booked your scooter yet, If not when I go I book with Yellow Scooters, I have found them excellent, They deliver and collect to/from where you are staying, I found their scooters in excellent condition, They went easy into the car and very good value, If Im correct I think I paid around £179 for 2 weeks. I also hired a cup holder that clipped onto the arm of the scooter that was a godsend.