Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 8 Jan 15, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I always struggled at seaworld as same as the OP I love orcas but always felt a little sad for them swimming around in the pools. I watched blackfish while we were planning last Octobers trip and I did debate cancelling Seaworld but my sister and nieces were with us for their first trip so we decided to still go.
It was the worst day of our trip! Half the rides kept breaking down and it just lacked atmosphere but the crunch came when my 8 year old niece said she felt sorry for the whales as they didn't have much room to swim. That's when we realised we wouldn't go back again.
I realise lots of animals are kept in captivity but I do think with the whales it is almost impossible to replicate their natural environment.
That being said I have no problem with others visiting seaworld as my feelings are exactly that and others have their own feelings and opinions.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 15, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
goldenoldie
Imagineer

We have not been for a couple of years this has got nothing to do with this program we are thinking of going in March a lovely relaxing park to wind down
goldenoldie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 15, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
lesley1960
Imagineer

We have always loved sea world , I haven't seen blackfish but after seeing orcas in the wild last year (Alaska) I started researching into Orcas in captivity and I don't think it's the right thing , for me anyway , to support this park. Orcas look very different in the wild btw , their dorsal fins stand bolt up right , they droop over in the park. I remember many years ago watching their polar bears doing the same movements over and over and over again.

I also have a 'problem ' with Busch Gardens. It was many years ago we visited and we felt the animals weren't respected.

The jury is still out on Animal Kingdom
lesley1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 15, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Go and then make your mind... You don't need to know anyone else's thoughts

Trip Reports
Howling @ the Horror 2015 (Complete)
Who knew Toronto was on the Med (Complete)
Getting Our Kicks - Pre Trippie
Wobbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 15, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

I went once and felt the same as danisleigh - didn't really enjoy it, and I felt very sorry for the orcas. This was back in 2007! Definitely wouldn't go back, I'd rather have another day in WDW than spend it on Sea World. But to each their own - some people love Sea World! Just isn't for me.
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 15, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post

It is such an emotive subject and only you can make the call, perhaps it is worth going to see for yourself and have an opinion. Personally I don't like the idea of keeping these beautiful animals in captivity but SW also teaches us so much about our environment and even promotes these debates where we think of the animal's welfare which has got to be a good thing. See for yourself as nobody can really tell you how you will feel.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 15, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread