Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 26 Oct 18, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

#Squadgoals. Salou/Portaventura October 2018. A busy rainy morning and chilled out afternoon.

Friday 19th October
Our original plan for today was going to be a day at Portaventura but as forecast, it was raining when we woke at 8am. Not a quick shower but pouring so we abandoned the theme park and decided to visit in the evening on Saturday, something we have never done at Halloween. (This actually worked out really well, more on that tomorrow)
This is the first time we have had rain most of the day, and luckily it was beautiful for the rest of the holiday.
We went for breakfast about 9.

Jess and I love runny fried eggs, they were spot on. Followed by some sweet treats, the chocolate donut was quite greasy though so I didn’t finish it.

We saw the others on the way out and Debbie and Sandy were still happy to explore in the rain so we agreed to meet them later.
Jess and I showered then did our first photo recreating on the balcony. The first photo was from our first October visit in 2012.
(We do some more recreating at the theme park tomorrow from our first ever visit 10 years ago.)

I had kept a couple of ponchos in my case from our last holiday and Debbie had brought a poncho and umbrella.
We left at 11 and the rain had eased off a little. Sandy and I shared the umbrella until we got to the shop around the corner to purchase a poncho each.
This was Sandy and Debbie’s first visit so we took them the scenic route.

There is a lovely little walk along a little pier type walkway beside the cove beach and to the seafront.

The sea was choppy, it looked stunning.

We had a photo op at the beginning of the seafront.

We then had a pit stop, about €7 for a pint of Dan Miguel, pint of shandy and lemonade.

The rain had stopped now and we decided to have a ride on the tourist train.

They have 2 routes, the last time we went on it took us around the town and to Cap Salou, this one went along the front to The House of Illusion. I prefered the Cap Salou route, but it was still a nice little ride that killed an hour or so.

The others texted to say they were out and we actually saw them along the front.
We got off the train just after 3 and debated meeting the others but instead went back to the hotel for a late lunch.

We had a couple of drinks with the others. Matt wanted to take this photo.

I popped upstairs for some reason and remembered to get some photos of the room. Excuse the mess! The sofa turns into a bed which I had. The other rooms were the same but they obviously didn't need theirs as a bed.

Back downstairs, we thought having shots again was a good idea.
Tracy asked for 5 shot glasses and a cocktail to share between us first of all.

We were told they had run out of Apple liqueur (can’t imagine why) but they found some more out the back and we had a couple of these, but I did prefer the cocktail shots.
We had dinner but later than yesterday. I love the fake crab claws, we have them at the Chinese buffet near us.

Jess went to bed and the rest of us went back to the main bar for the Hollywood show. Matt, Sandy, Tracy and I had a quick boogie in the Apple bar and I made my own karaoke

before falling into bed.

Edited at 10:49 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 18, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Shame about the weather but you certainly didn’t let it stop you!

The eggs are just how I like them too!
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List