Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 29 Oct 18, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

#Squadgoals. Salou/Portaventura October 2018. Day 4, Beach and Pedalos.

Sunday 21st October 2018.

Woke up at 8am. Jess showered then we went for breakfast for the usual.

I loved these donuts

We had planned to walk along the beach and either hire a bike or take a pedalo out. The others were taking it easy and sunbathing.
We had talked about hiring mobility scooters but when we asked about them we were told the police had banned them unless you actually needed them.
Matt and I really enjoyed whizzing along the front in Benidorm but can understand why they are banned.
It was another beautiful day and we took the scenic route again.
The cove beach wasn’t busy.

It really is a lovely little walk to the seafront.

They told me the sea was warm.

We wanted another photo by the sign and a couple kindly offered to take a photo of all of us.

We returned the favour, well I let Jess take it as her photography skills are the better than ours.
The sea looked calm and blue so we decided to hire a pedalo, €15 for an hour. Jess didn’t have a swimsuit so we had a quick look in the shops and brought a little top for €6 and I had her shorts in my bag so we just used them.
We had to push the boat out ourselves and the sea was freezing but were soon peddling away.

Jess had a swim holding onto the back of the boat and had a go on the slide, I wouldn’t let her go too deep though.

It was a brilliant morning and lovely to see Jess relaxing.
We did use the hour up but it was getting busier now so I’m glad we went out quite early.
We walked back to the hotel and joined the others for some sunbathing.
I don’t really like laying in the sun so I met Linda, Tracey and Sandy in the outside bar and had some lunch and drinks.

Matt had planned to watch the Everton game, so him, Paul and Jess went to Shooters, a sports bar. Matt was made up that Jess wanted to wear his shirt.

I had a shower and met them, I think it was towards the end of the match and if I remember correctly Pickford saved a penalty and Everton went on to win 2-0, a good result for Matt.
Jess was getting hungry and I needed some food as I was quite tipsy, so we left the others and went back to the hotel. We did think about having a meal out but didn’t really want to wait long and unsure where to go.

It must have been getting late, maybe about 8.45. We went outside, had a drink and watched some of the show but wasn’t really interested so I messaged the others to see where they were.

We walked to a bar called Gabbers to meet them. Tracey and Paul had met someone from the village they live in and we chatted to them for a while but it was so hot in there, we said we would meet the at The Red Lion as they have a quiz on every night. We got the drinks and waited for the quiz to start at 9.30.

Formula one was on though, (Lewis Hamilton lost at the last minute) so they delayed the start and we were ready to leave by the time everyone else got there.
We had another drink in the bar at the hotel, Debbie and Sandy met us as they got fed up with the quiz. We all went upstairs. We spoke to Tracey the following day and they got Burger King after they were finished in the pub. Paul said it was the slowest service he had experienced.

Edited at 11:40 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 06:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Another great day! Lovely weather you are having!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Another great day! Lovely weather you are having!
After that day of rain, the weather was fantastic.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List